Stonegate vs Eastwood

YellowFever said:
That may be true.  But why gamble on that with your health?  ;D I'll take a slightly inferior school over cancer ANY day!

Northwood High is CLOSER to landfill than Portola High.
Please see attached screen shots: Portola high is 2.93 miles where as Northwood High is 2.78 miles from landfill and I guess 2.78 is < 2.93 :D

Attachments

• Northwood high.png
    Northwood high.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 141
  • Portola High.png
    Portola High.png
    617.2 KB · Views: 121
YellowFever said:
TCE and landfill air.  Both are known to be cancerous.

Then add icing on the cake:  The possible/proposed cemetery (formaldehyde usage) also causes cancer, not to mention bad feng shui and make for horrible resale.

Isn't that used in most new homes?  To treat the wood.

OceanMist said:
Northwood High is CLOSER to landfill than Portola High.
Please see attached screen shots: Portola high is 2.93 miles where as Northwood High is 2.78 miles from landfill and I guess 2.78 is < 2.93 :D
Wow!!! This is a game changer and news to me.

Anyone seeing that pace of releases is slowing down at Eastwood? I haven't seen a new phase release in close to a month from Piedmont or Belverde.I think even Petaluma is slow too. Previously they used to release every 2-3 weeks.

Are they adjusting to construction schedule, taking a breather from rapids sales or reviewing prices to adjust to market?Wondering...

YellowFever said:
jmoney74 said:
YellowFever said:

Then add icing on the cake:  The possible/proposed cemetery (formaldehyde usage) also causes cancer, not to mention bad feng shui and make for horrible resale.

Corpse are cleansed with formaldehyde and all that. The bodies are lowered into the ground and that could be one way as to how formaldehyde gets and permeates into the soil. Now imagine, hundreds and thousands of these dead, decaying, bodies along with formaldehyde.

I thought the cemetery will be mostly crypts for ashes.  I don't know where the crematorium will be located, but at night you can see a plume of smoke emanating from Rose Hills.

If that's the case, with a cemetery at GP, the plume would blow straight into PS.  Sorry OCLuvr.

Depends on wind direction; could go into WB, CV

WTTCHMN said:
YellowFever said:
jmoney74 said:
YellowFever said:

Corpse are cleansed with formaldehyde and all that. The bodies are lowered into the ground and that could be one way as to how formaldehyde gets and permeates into the soil. Now imagine, hundreds and thousands of these dead, decaying, bodies along with formaldehyde.

I thought the cemetery will be mostly crypts for ashes.  I don't know where the crematorium will be located, but at night you can see a plume of smoke emanating from Rose Hills.

If that's the case, with a cemetery at GP, the plume would blow straight into PS.  Sorry OCLuvr.

Please be specific "PS3" not PS1 :)

YellowFever said:
YellowFever's rules for staying alive long:

#1) Don't LIVE near or on top of contaminated hazards.
#2) It is okay to visit a contaminated site briefly (trips to Costco/grocery store)
but
#3) Prolonged exposure such as going to Portola High (greater than 5-6 hours DAILY) is cancerous!!
#4) Visiting friends/family for Christmas living in Portola/GP has very low risk and is fine. But DO NOT move in with them.  ;D ;D

"Like the contents of any landfill, the embalmed body?s toxic cache escapes its host and eventually leaches into the environment, tainting surrounding soil and groundwaters. "

Two samples contained arsenic at levels above the then-proposed drinking water standards. Konefes says his limited, 1990 research only suggests the potential for arsenic contamination of older cemeteries, but believes it?s strong enough to warrant further study. The toxic element ?will not bio-remediate, it will not break down,? he says. ?Exposed to water seeping through the grave, some of the arsenic in an embalmed body will leach out and it has to go somewhere.

".4-0.6 litres of leachate is produced per 1 kg of body weight. The leachate contains pathogenic bacteria and viruses that may contaminate the groundwater and cause disease when it is used for drinkin"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26042963http://www.utne.com/environment/arsenic-contamination-ze0z1306zpit

As someone already pointed out, it leaches to lower elevation. You can see roof tops of all SG homes from Portola Parkway; so, it would leach to SG  :)

YellowFever said:
OCLuvr said:

Sorry, but landfill also generates Leachate. Which is the same thing that the cemetery will generate.

Landfill seems to be seriously problematic as it generates both liquid and gas.

Idea is to provide correct perspective to reader. You can't brush a huge community, ~6000 homes, with one brush. Every part should be considered separately.
This is like saying entire Irvine is in either TCE plume or landfill or pesticides or too close to freeway. That is "fake news"

YellowFever said:
OCLuvr said:
As someone already pointed out, it leaches to lower elevation. You can see roof tops of all SG homes from Portola Parkway; so, it would leach to SG  :)

YellowFever said:
OCLuvr said:

Sorry, but landfill also generates Leachate. Which is the same thing that the cemetery will generate.

Landfill seems to be seriously problematic as it generates both liquid and gas.

Still not a good enough reason to live/buy in PS1 over other alternative neighborhoods.

Nope. I do NOT eat GM foods PERIOD

YellowFever said:
If we are going to all die from eating toxic, contaminated food, then so be it. We all die together!

But if I die simply because of TCE, leachate, landfill air, then I'll be so damn PISSED because of the fact that I could have prevented it. That's the part that would tick me off.

Serene, Quiet, step out of home and you are in mountains for a nice family walk with birds chirping..
I dont think it is about PS3/GP. I say that PS1 is equivalent to SG--except #1 elementary school.

YellowFever said:
OCLuvr said:
Idea is to provide correct perspective to reader. You can't brush a huge community, ~6000 homes, with one brush. Every part should be considered separately.
This is like saying entire Irvine is in either TCE plume or landfill or pesticides or too close to freeway. That is "fake news"

It's not fake news! It's alternative facts!  ;D

All I'm saying is, there are SOOOO many neighborhoods to choose from in Irvine to -AVOID- being so close to the toxins. (see below)

So WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY would anyone want to live closer to the toxins than they have to? It's not like the trees in PS1 grows money. It's not like PS1 prolongs your life.

If there were ONLY 3 neighborhoods to choose from in Irvine, PS1, PS3, or the GP.. then SURE...just maybe, just maybe I would pick the better of the worst. But you have soooo many options.

OCluvr, what do you love about PS1?  What about PS1 tickles your fancy? ;)

El Camino Glen
College Park
The Colony
Cypress Village
Deerfield (mixed styles)
East Irvine
El Camino Real (Spanish/Neo-Eclectic)
Greentree
Irvine Groves
Irvine Spectrum (Contemporary/Moroccan)
Harvard Square
Heritage Fields
Laguna Altura
Lambert Ranch
Northpark (French Country, Formal French, Italian Country, Formal Italian, Monterey and Spanish Colonial)
Northpark Square (Spanish Mission)
Northwood (Bungalow, Craftsman)
Oak Creek (mixed styles)
Old Towne Irvine
Orangetree
Orchard Hills (Rural Craftsman/Spanish/Tuscan)
Park Lane
Parkside
Pavilion Park
Portola Springs (Spanish/Tuscan)
Planning Area 40 (Future Village)
Quail Hill (Spanish/Tuscan)
Racquet Club
The Ranch
Rancho San Joaquin (Shed style)
Rosegate (Spanish/Tuscan)
Stonegate (Spanish)
Shady Canyon (Tuscan Ranch)
Turtle Ridge (Tuscan)
Turtle Rock (mixed styles)
University Hills[16]
University Park (California Modern)
University Town Center (mixed styles)
Walnut (Prairie Style)
West Irvine (California Modern)
Westpark (Italian Riviera/Mediterranean)
The Willows[17]
Windwood
Woodbridge (Atlantic Coast)
Woodbury (Tuscan/Spanish/French)
Woodbury East (Spanish)
Columbus Grove

edit: I just noticed I reached 'Certified Irvine Addict' status.  ;D

Back