Stonegate vs Eastwood

OCLuvr said:
Fix is coming soon--One FREE ramp on 133/Great Park Blvd. PS/PP/PS3 can take ridge valley and never see those dirty trucks on Sand Canyon ever again :). And, if Irvine blvd also becomes free, cherry on cake.

Wait how do you know this is Free?  What did I miss? 

Both ON and OFF will be free?  Kind of hoping not.  If so, everyone will just take this to 405 and it will clog up.

aquabliss said:
OCLuvr said:
Fix is coming soon--One FREE ramp on 133/Great Park Blvd. PS/PP/PS3 can take ridge valley and never see those dirty trucks on Sand Canyon ever again :). And, if Irvine blvd also becomes free, cherry on cake.
I forgot who but somebody shared a city doc on TI

Wait how do you know this is Free?  What did I miss? 

Both ON and OFF will be free?  Kind of hoping not.  If so, everyone will just take this to 405 and it will clog up.

YellowFever said:
Stonegate is closer to landfill.

Technically that's true but it may not matter.

I work in RSM and drive the 133-241 south transition every morning. Inside my Lexus with the windows rolled up and the HVAC running I can still smell something absolutely horrid which I assume is the landfill. I start to catch it right around Trabuco (or is it Great Park Blvd now?) and it remains noticeable to about the Tomato Springs toll plaza.

On a bad day you'll be able to smell forever. :)

mahalingam said:
YellowFever said:

I work in RSM and drive the 133-241 south transition every morning. Inside my Lexus with the windows rolled up and the HVAC running I can still smell something absolutely horrid which I assume is the landfill. I start to catch it right around Trabuco (or is it Great Park Blvd now?) and it remains noticeable to about the Tomato Springs toll plaza.

So, if I understand correctly, you are suggesting that you start smelling  something bad starting from Woodbury east/cypress village and goes all the way till Stonegate/Pavilion Park/Portola Springs?

mahalingam said:
YellowFever said:

I doubt it would be landfill. Could be some trees? Do you smell on your way back too, as landfill is closed/covered at 5PM?

YellowFever said:
One word: landfilll

People are in denial when they say otherwise.  Landfill air is unpredictable and depends on a variety of factors.

You guys ever left take out in your car?  Yeah it takes about 3-4 days before it rots.  You can't smell it immediately in the trunk.  Same thing. Ever throw out raw chicken!?  You got about 2-3 days tops before it really gets putrid. 

Landfill can have its good days and its bad days...
So, does it mean entire area east of 5 which includes all new communities--Woodbury, Woodbury east, cypress village, Stonegate east, Stonegate, Pavilion park, Portola Springs-- have landfill impact? And, if that is true, what saves Orchard Hills, as I think aerial distance of cypress village would be more than orchard hills from landfill?

YellowFever said:
Too many variables.  Wind direction, amplitude/density of the air, humidity, will vary and carry the landfill air or disperse it or dilute it.  Then factor in proximity.  The further you are the better. That's why I kept saying get as far away as all the environmental hazards as you can.  Distance = survival
Why are you opting for Eastwood/Orchard Hills then?  ;)

Any of you guys actually have gone to the landfill?
I have, and it doesn't stink that bad, don't think it'll go down miles.  They cover it up.

It was much worse when they had farmland before all these communities were up, when they were turning over the land and smell of fresh manure for quite some time

Little bit off topic.  Considering Beacon park is a bit away from landfill (compared to Stonegate and Eastwood), is it a better choice then?
- No good builders but there are some good floor plans like Primrose for a basic 3 bed home.

- Also, how long is the soil contamination/upcoming cemetry issue going to stay live?  Everyone in Stonegate/Woodbury east is going to send their children to Portola high school anyway.

irvineempathy said:
Little bit off topic.  Considering Beacon park is a bit away from landfill (compared to Stonegate and Eastwood), is it a better choice then?
- No good builders but there are some good floor plans like Primrose for a basic 3 bed home.

- Also, how long is the soil contamination/upcoming cemetry issue going to stay live?  Everyone in Stonegate/Woodbury east is going to send their children to Portola high school anyway.
Eastwood is NW high.

YellowFever said:
OCLuvr said:
YellowFever said:
Too many variables.  Wind direction, amplitude/density of the air, humidity, will vary and carry the landfill air or disperse it or dilute it.  Then factor in proximity.  The further you are the better. That's why I kept saying get as far away as all the environmental hazards as you can.  Distance = survival

Because EW is still farther than PS and SG. And secondly, NW High baby.  Third, because there are no apartments in the neighborhood.  Fourth, it's very close to Zion market and WTC.  Fifth, it's got direct connection to JOST.  Finally, most importantly, because there's more ch*nks living there as I've noticed and I want my kids to all grow up and be able to speak, listen, and interact in Mandarin Chinese.  Other communities (I won't mention) seem to not have as much 'heavy concentration' of the Chinese I want. They seem to be more white, persian, indian, or armenian, etc. and not as much Chinese as I would like.

Today, I went to Delano showing at EW...My observation was 25% Mainland Chinese, 25% Taiwanese Chinese, 20% Indian, 5-10% white, etc. Trust me, I can distinguish the 'types' of Chinese.  I know and understand their dialects.. I know which piece of land they come from...  ::)

Thwo Sao Chien Naorrrrr?? (how much does it cost?)  (the 'ur' at the end gives it away that it's mainlander)
Ah lee jima tsai chone shia? (what are you doing exactly right now?) straight up taiwanese hokkien baby
Wo ai ne ahhh (straight up taiwanese... when they drag out the 'ahhh' )
Makes complete sense😄. However, people say Portola High is next #1 school in making.

YellowFever said:
OCLuvr said:
YellowFever said:
OCLuvr said:
YellowFever said:

Because EW is still farther than PS and SG. And secondly, NW High baby.  Third, because there are no apartments in the neighborhood.  Fourth, it's very close to Zion market and WTC.  Fifth, it's got direct connection to JOST.  Finally, most importantly, because there's more ch*nks living there as I've noticed and I want my kids to all grow up and be able to speak, listen, and interact in Mandarin Chinese.  Other communities (I won't mention) seem to not have as much 'heavy concentration' of the Chinese I want. They seem to be more white, persian, indian, or armenian, etc. and not as much Chinese as I would like.

Today, I went to Delano showing at EW...My observation was 25% Mainland Chinese, 25% Taiwanese Chinese, 20% Indian, 5-10% white, etc. Trust me, I can distinguish the 'types' of Chinese.  I know and understand their dialects.. I know which piece of land they come from...  ::)

Thwo Sao Chien Naorrrrr?? (how much does it cost?)  (the 'ur' at the end gives it away that it's mainlander)
Ah lee jima tsai chone shia? (what are you doing exactly right now?) straight up taiwanese hokkien baby
Makes complete sense😄. However, people say Portola High is next #1 school in making.

That may be true.  But why gamble on that with your health?  ;D I'll take a slightly inferior school over cancer ANY day!
Because of trichloroethane?

OCLuvr said:
YellowFever said:
OCLuvr said:
YellowFever said:
OCLuvr said:
YellowFever said:

That may be true.  But why gamble on that with your health?  ;D I'll take a slightly inferior school over cancer ANY day!
Because of trichloroethane?
YellowFever said:
TCE and landfill air.  Both are known to be cancerous.

Then add icing on the cake:  The possible/proposed cemetery (formaldehyde usage) also causes cancer, not to mention bad feng shui and make for horrible resale.
Firstly, YellowFever hats off to you on your research and comments, as most times your comments are backed up by data and logic.
But I guess on cancer front there is another elephant in the room--food.
Do you think entire US is suddenly living near TCE or landfill?
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/28/well/live/colon-and-rectal-cancers-rising-in-young-people.html?_r=0&referer=https://www.google.com/

Back