Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Warning: Possible Spoilers)

The other thing is to use some of the "advanced" force techniques, I would think it requires someone to teach them to you.

Rey didn't know anything about the force other than what Maz cryptically told her. Then she gets captured by Kylo, force-interrogated and then all of sudden she can Jedi Mind Trick Daniel Craig-Trooper?

And while I agree that force ability can be random, mastery of it is rare which LL illustrated as why Han didn't believe in it and Mott scoffed at it.

I also don't think Jedi were trying to control the world(s), they were just trying to prevent the Sith from controlling the world(s)... balance.

On one side: TLJ was the worst Episode, by far.  It was sloppy, lazy, not well thought out.  There's too much to complain about.

From the BSG plot done more poorly, to cutting away from emotions, to tv show level comedy that feels out of place, yo mama, to cringeworthy lines, to taming down characters that should have been more hyped, to destroying SW fans innocence...  it felt like 3 TV show spinoffs stitched together.

On the other side: It was still entertaining.  I am overly critical, but the movie really needs a lot of criticism.  Kylo Ren became less annoying, so there's that...

irvinehomeowner said:
The other thing is to use some of the "advanced" force techniques, I would think it requires someone to teach them to you.

Rey didn't know anything about the force other than what Maz cryptically told her. Then she gets captured by Kylo, force-interrogated and then all of sudden she can Jedi Mind Trick Daniel Craig-Trooper?

And while I agree that force ability can be random, mastery of it is rare which LL illustrated as why Han didn't believe in it and Mott scoffed at it.

So the answers are in the novelizations:
https://screenrant.com/star-wars-rey-jedi-mind-trick/

In Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition by Jason Fry, we?re able to go into the head of individual characters and better understand their motivations. In the case of Rey, we learn a bit more about her interrogation by Kylo in The Force Awakens and how it amplified her powers.

?Even as he [Kylo] callously rifled through her mind, he had somehow revealed his own. Rey found herself in his mind even as he invaded hers.?

It?s not long after this moment that Rey is remembering that she first tries the infamous Jedi Mind Trick that allows her to escape from the interrogation room. Star Wars: The Last Jedi continued this idea of a mental connection between Rey and Kylo, hinting that Snoke somehow facilitated their communications across space. But as the novelization proves, Kylo?s initial intrusion into Rey?s mind and her pushback allowed the burgeoning Jedi to unlock new abilities.

?Kylo had retreated at finding Rey in his head ? had practically fled from her. But that had not been the end of that strange, sudden connection. She had seen more ? far more. Somehow, almost instinctually, she knew how he accessed some of the powers at his commend ? even though she didn?t understand them. It was as if his training had become hers, unlocking and flinging open door after door in her mind?

Funny how they don't explain this until the next movie... creative retcon. :)

Anyone tried the Star Wars VR at Downtown Disney?  Heard some really good things from friends who tried.

PC Disney removes Han Solo's blaster after the Parkland shooting.

NEhnRB4AthWPli_1_2.jpg

NEhnRB4AthWPli_1_1.jpg

NEhnRB4AthWPli_1_4.jpg

NEhnRB4AthWPli_1_3.jpg

https://movieweb.com/han-solo-movie-posters-gun-free/

All guns from every character. Maybe in this episode everyone will just toss Porgs at each other.

My .02c

Back