Shopping at Portola Springs

NYT said:
Trav25 said:
Complain to the City Council.  Ask if the Irvine Company changed plans (with city ok) to swap shopping center with school area and then develop old school area to homes.

Since Irvine City Council is the right hand of TIC, I suspect that TIC got whatever approvals they need to swap out the shopping center and put in the school. The problem is that Woodbury Town Center currently has multiple vacancies. Why would TIC build yet another shopping center when there are still vacancies at the next closest one. Plus, a shopping center at Portola Springs would mainly serve PS residents, and would have to have some major draw to bring out residents of other villages. Personally, I have much more use for a shopping center than a school and am upset at the decision that was made.
There's property tax and MR to be made with the new housing tract.

thatOSguy said:
eyephone said:
NYT said:
Trav25 said:
Complain to the City Council.  Ask if the Irvine Company changed plans (with city ok) to swap shopping center with school area and then develop old school area to homes.

Since Irvine City Council is the right hand of TIC, I suspect that TIC got whatever approvals they need to swap out the shopping center and put in the school. The problem is that Woodbury Town Center currently has multiple vacancies. Why would TIC build yet another shopping center when there are still vacancies at the next closest one. Plus, a shopping center at Portola Springs would mainly serve PS residents, and would have to have some major draw to bring out residents of other villages. Personally, I have much more use for a shopping center than a school and am upset at the decision that was made.

#category6

#Fatfingeredthankyou

There are also long term sales tax and TIC retail rental fees.  Moat areas have at least some retail.  TR. QH, UP, Woodbridge, Deerfield, El Camino, Greenfield, the Ranch, Westpark, Northwood, Northwood 5, Woodbury, Cypress Village, etc.

What is going in on Portola and Sand Canyon?

Trav25 said:
thatOSguy said:
eyephone said:
NYT said:
Trav25 said:

#category6

#Fatfingeredthankyou

There are also long term sales tax and TIC retail rental fees.  Moat areas have at least some retail.  TR. QH, UP, Woodbridge, Deerfield, El Camino, Greenfield, the Ranch, Westpark, Northwood, Northwood 5, Woodbury, Cypress Village, etc.

What is going in on Portola and Sand Canyon?

I think in the long(er) run TIC will do retail in this area, especially if it's built out to the size that was originally planned. It's too many people to not have at least a gas station, supermarket, and a drugstore.

With the exception of a few neighborhoods (LA and... Uni Park?), most of the Irvine villages all have at least one large dedicated shopping center, if not two smaller ones. The boundary of Oak Creek and Woodbridge (on Jeffrey and Alton) is an example - duplication of a few things right across the street from each other (two supermarkets, two sushi joints, two coffee shops, two gas stations/mini marts, two drugstores, etc)

Back