Sausalito at Stonegate

bones said:
In the Plan 2, the island as modeled (it's an upgrade) is MASSIVE.

Wow, an island bigger than Augusta's.

1432jw7.jpg

frenet said:
Not all were sold.

They're pre-constructing phase 1 homes too.  Looks like they made the same mistake as PP - coming to the party late, building unsold inventory, then resorting to massive price cuts.

Went to visit over the weekend.  They went all out for the opening on Saturday.  Coffee bar and desserts with live guitar music in plan 1.  Balloon person and a painting section for the kids in plan 2.  Crepes and appetizers in plan 3. 

The houses themselves were big but super expensive.  They obviously went with the wow factor in the master bathroom and the downstairs.  Plan 2 for example had this huge island that was impressive to look at but not very functional.  Also, the model homes had way too much stuff in it...sometimes less is more.

Also, it was predominately Chinese FCBs visiting the models.  Overheard the sales rep say that they had the phase release on Sunday but did not sell out.

gld2 said:
looks "Chinese FCBs " are their target customer!  :-[

At $1.3-$1.5 million, I don't know who else the target customers would be.  The pricing is utterly ridiculous.  It's funny that you said that because the cluttered look maybe pleasing to FCBs.  I heard quite a few comments about how "there is all this empty unused space!"

I could be wrong, but I think they lowered the price of the Plan 1 from Phase 1 by $50k down to $1,347,900. 

I was watching Million Dollar Listing, Los Angeles and saw this amazing house in Malibu with an awesome Ocean View for 2.3 Million.  Or I could get Sausalito Plan 3 after upgrades for a few hundred K less.  Put a little perspective of the inflating prices of Irvine.

broda said:
I was watching Million Dollar Listing, Los Angeles and saw this amazing house in Malibu with an awesome Ocean View for 2.3 Million.  Or I could get Sausalito Plan 3 after upgrades for a few hundred K less.  Put a little perspective of the inflating prices of Irvine.
Malibu < Irvine

C'mon... no asian eateries/stores... no pick-up basketball games... no IHO view lot.

broda said:

I don't know what size the house was but the average $/sq ft in Malibu is $1,300+...Sausalito is like 1/3 that.

Ahh... but in Irvine you can run the gamut... Tyler doesn't eat Chinese food he might be  unfamiliar with the variety of different asian eats here (not to mention Middle Eastern)... and stores too.

And still no IHO view lot. :)

Tyler Durden said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Ahh... but in Irvine you can run the gamut... Tyler doesn't eat Chinese food he might be  unfamiliar with the variety of different asian eats here (not to mention Middle Eastern)... and stores too.

And still no IHO view lot. :)

You do realize that not everyone goes to asian restaurants and stores... just like not everyone likes chain restaurants (for non-asian food).
Yes... but you do realize I was specifically pointing out the asian restaurants and stores that Malibu does NOT have.

Not everyone likes ocean views either (or rather paying $2.3m for one).

Well... it was a joke.

But I wouldn't say no one. And like I said, there are people who don't like coastal living, so Irvine would be more desirable.

Even before I lived in Irvine, I never cared for the Malibu area. Newport Beach is more my style.

Back