Prop 67 WTF!

It looks like all the links I posted are sold out. I had a feeling that would happen which is why I ordered online the day the proposition passed. You've got to think two steps ahead and be quick with these things.

I got stopped again by a lot of people yesterday. (Getting stopped has been adding an additional 20 minutes or so to my shopping trip. That's the one downside!) Other than online, I'm not sure where else you can buy these. One lady who stopped me had something sort of similar but missing a lot of the features. She said she got hers at Walmart.

SoCal said:
It looks like all the links I posted are sold out. I had a feeling that would happen which is why I ordered online the day the proposition passed. You've got to think two steps ahead and be quick with these things.

I got stopped again by a lot of people yesterday. (Getting stopped has been adding an additional 20 minutes or so to my shopping trip. That's the one downside!) Other than online, I'm not sure where else you can buy these. One lady who stopped me had something sort of similar but missing a lot of the features. She said she got hers at Walmart.

LOL, that's more of an incentive not to get these bags ...

peppy said:

Hehe. Yeah, if you hate talking to people, definitely do not buy the bags!

At first, I tried to be helpful and give everyone the answers to all their questions, thinking it would just be a one-time type of thing. They all turned into lengthy conversations. After it happening dozens of times, when I see someone drifting towards me, saying, "Hey, do you like..." I cut them off and say, "I do. Amazon." Or I'll just see them stare at me or do a double-take and before they can say a word, I say: "They're on Amazon!" They usually reply with: "How did you know that I was going to ask you that?" I'm psychic! All the questions are the same and it's getting very repetitive. I've started going to the store sometimes at 11:30 p.m. when I get off work. If I go during the day, I LITERALLY can not walk 10 FEET without someone approaching me. They're just bags. I don't think they're THAT interesting. But apparently other people do. If I saw someone with them, I would just Google it. I don't know why they don't do the same thing. For some reason, I'm a person that strangers naturally approach to talk about the most random things anyway and the bags have intensified that. I really don't mind but sometimes if you're not feeling well that day, or just in a rush, you just want to get in & out. I've even had people who were going the opposite direction, turn around and follow me down a different aisle.

SoCal said:
peppy said:

Hehe. Yeah, if you hate talking to people, definitely do not buy the bags!

At first, I tried to be helpful and give everyone the answers to all their questions, thinking it would just be a one-time type of thing. They all turned into lengthy conversations. After it happening dozens of times, when I see someone drifting towards me, saying, "Hey, do you like..." I cut them off and say, "I do. Amazon." Or I'll just see them stare at me or do a double-take and before they can say a word, I say: "They're on Amazon!" They usually reply with: "How did you know that I was going to ask you that?" I'm psychic! All the questions are the same and it's getting very repetitive. I've started going to the store sometimes at 11:30 p.m. when I get off work. If I go during the day, I LITERALLY can not walk 10 FEET without someone approaching me. They're just bags. I don't think they're THAT interesting. But apparently other people do. If I saw someone with them, I would just Google it. I don't know why they don't do the same thing. For some reason, I'm a person that strangers naturally approach to talk about the most random things anyway and the bags have intensified that. I really don't mind but sometimes if you're not feeling well that day, or just in a rush, you just want to get in & out. I've even had people who were going the opposite direction, turn around and follow me down a different aisle.

I think you need to make informational flyers and just hand them out - problem solved!  ;D

6 week update: I am struggling with these bags.

Getting stopped by strangers on every aisle continued. It became a real pain and a time-consuming one at that. The unwanted attention became too much to work with. I just can't stop and have a conversation every ten feet. I do a ton of shopping. I really have to stay on track if I ever want to get out of there. A normal trip takes me exactly 2 hours! And that's without stopping to talk about the bags. Also, poor compliance and confusion from grocery checkers became a problem which resulted in some attitude from them and squished bread for me.

I just got back from a grocery trip this evening. I decided to leave the bags in the trunk, put all my groceries directly into the cart, have the baggers do the same, then pack my own bags in the parking lot... in the dark... in the rain. That didn't exactly work out like I had hoped either. It was a messy, cumbersome, uncomfortable process with bad results.

I don't know what I'm going to do now. I have to find a better solution soon.

Paris said:
I think you need to make informational flyers and just hand them out - problem solved!  ;D

WTH, aren't you ivy educated?  Why make flyers, buy a couple spare sets, carry them with and resell them on the spot for major mark-up.

nosuchreality said:
Paris said:

WTH, aren't you ivy educated?  Why make flyers, buy a couple spare sets, carry them with and resell them on the spot for major mark-up.

That's a hustler mentality. Ivy's aren't hustlers

qwerty said:
nosuchreality said:
Paris said:

That's a hustler mentality. Ivy's aren't hustlers

She ain't ivy

An Ivy wouldn't waste time talking about trash bags  ;)

irvinehomeowner said:
@SoCal:

You wouldn't have this problem if you did all your grocery shopping online.

:)

Yah, I might have to go back to that. (Good memory, btw, Iho. I'm impressed. That was almost 10 years ago!) My grocery store has also been cutting back on product selection, giving me a few less reasons to use them. For example, bread flour. They just decided to quit carrying it. Who the heck doesn't carry bread flour?!?

So Cal, suggest you do your grocery shopping at 99 Ranch and Zion market.  Mainlanders and Koreans aren't interested in making small talk about your fancy bagging system.

Disclaimer: This post was originally formed with sarcasm as the intent, but I think this really will work.

Burn That Belly said:
inv0ke-epipen said:
Just keep a couple of these bad boys in your shirt pocket at all times:https://www.kleankanteen.com/products/5-piece-straw-set-multi-color

Or show your green colors with this hot new item:https://theweekendedition.com.au/design/finalstraw/

What? You forgot your re-usable straw? Get out of this restaurant before I call the cops.

This won't work for boba milk tea because boba straws are twice the diameter.

Ya you need these babies as well:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SKQ40B6/

So a logistical question, no plastic straws so how are they giving us our soda through the drive through? No cover? So my drink spills all over my precious leather interior? Am I going to have to bring my own sippy cup to the drive through?

Paris said:
So a logistical question, no plastic straws so how are they giving us our soda through the drive through? No cover? So my drink spills all over my precious leather interior? Am I going to have to bring my own sippy cup to the drive through?

They can give you paper straws or some sippy cup like coffee lids.

They have been using paper straws in SeaWorld for many years now and it works just fine.  Don't worry Paris, your leather interior will be just fine.

Back