Portola Springs Neighborhood 4B: Brisa, Celeste and Talise

irvinehomeowner said:
I find it funny how Orchard Hills is considered high-end when Portola Springs has the same topography.

My guess is that is largely driven by buyer perception partly due the Irvine Company marketing efforts (i.e. Irvine Pacific is primarily building out the Irvine school district side of OH and you had several non-Irvine Pacific builders build in Portola Springs). 

OCLuvr said:
I think things are changing now. Reserve is not doing great...

Mainly because the pricing is too rich.  I really think once you get above $1-$1.2m the buyer pool starting shrinking considerably. 

irvinehomeowner said:
I find it funny how Orchard Hills is considered high-end when Portola Springs has the same topography.

Yeah, I agree.  I think OH's location is a bit better, but not so decisively so as to justify the significant price difference.  But as USC said, a lot of that has to do with marketing and perception.

OCLuvr said:
Thanks USCTrojan. LR was starting at 1mil in 2012 and Las ventenas was starting at $650k.  So, yeah, if someone had that kind of money, why not?

Actually the get in price in LR field tract was high $800s. Comparable LV plan would have been the plan 3??  So maybe low $700s. Fsctor in no MR versus MR at LV. Difference isn?t as wide as you think.

Burn That Belly said:
Is the BMW 3series "perceived" as better than a Camry V6?  Both seats 5. Both have 4 doors, a trunk, and a hood. Both can have leather and power everything. Minor design differences but generally has a brake and gas pedal.

So why is the BMW "perceived" as the better car? Why do people continue to pay more for the 3Series when the Camry can do 99% of the same thing the BMW can under normal driving conditions.

Surely, it can't be the marketing "Ultimate Driving Machine".

Could Toyota easily just write "Superior Driving Machine" as well and get the same results?  ;D

Compare Lexus to BMW

Now I?m thinking maybe TL is better than PS. (parents/visitors can walk to shopping area)

Burn That Belly said:
Is the BMW 3series "perceived" as better than a Camry V6?  Both seats 5. Both have 4 doors, a trunk, and a hood. Both can have leather and power everything. Minor design differences but generally has a brake and gas pedal.

So why is the BMW "perceived" as the better car? Why do people continue to pay more for the 3Series when the Camry can do 99% of the same thing the BMW can under normal driving conditions.

Could Toyota easily just write "Superior Driving Apparatus" as well and get the same results?  ;D
WRX vs BMW, that's a closer call of what a ricer chick would rather be seen in.

Burn That Belly said:

Could Toyota easily just write "Superior Driving Apparatus" as well and get the same results?  ;D

PS is like a car that?s is always marked down.

(You can knock the Camry or Civic, but it holds it value.)

Burn That Belly said:
Happiness said:
WRX vs BMW, that's a closer call of what a ricer chick would rather be seen in.

Ricer chicks? Sorry, I don't know what kind of girls you've been dating. The girls nowadays have incredibly high expectations. In fact, not only do you have to meet their standards, you'll need to meet their parents' standards as well.

Hypothetically, if a girl were to bring home two boys to meet an FCB mom and dad, and she tells them:

Boy A lives in Portola Springs valued at $800K and drives a Hyundai.
Boy B lives in Orchard Hills Reserve valued at $1.5 and drives a C63.
Boy C is still in school and has no house but could have potential and drives a Prius.

All are same age, same school, same career. I think most FCB parents will want to meet boy B first, while immediately dismissing boy C.

Now if the girl's car is also much better than his, we're going to have problems as well.

chinese-study-abroad-students-australia-extravagant-lifestyle-02.jpeg

Your car analogies are a TI staple. You must love cars. So did you really dump the M6 GC for a Z06?

Irvine is Lexus and PS is Lexus CT 200h.
But don't forget about the costly hybrid battery replacement, higher Mello-Roos.

Burn That Belly said:
Hypothetically, if a girl were to bring home two boys to meet an FCB mom and dad, and she tells them:

Boy C is still in school and has no house but could have potential and drives a Prius.

All are same age, same school, same career. I think most FCB parents will want to meet boy B first, while immediately dismissing boy C.

Now if the girl's car is also much better than his, we're going to have problems as well.
Not sure if i get your analogy, we're talking about similar products with PS being the value village, your example is comparing PS condos and OH sfr's?

Just looking at residual values, Toyota's seem to be the winner, value ftw!
https://www.kbb.com/new-cars/best-resale-value-awards/best-brand/https://www.kbb.com/new-cars/best-resale-value-awards/best-resale-top-10-cars/

I say Irvine is Lexus because it will hold a better resale value than other luxury brand. Also it is one of the most comfortable cars.
Living in Irvine is comfortable, convenient, and safe and also at the same time, a good ROI (so far).

Since cars are brought up, I don't think you can really make a comparison with BMW and Camry. BMW has a great driving engine you can immediately feel once you drive. No other car can really give you that ultimate driving machine feel. Mercedes is a little bit different luxury feel, a different strategy.

Lexus though will give you the best bang for your buck while you are driving and also when you are selling.

Burn That Belly said:
AW said:
Burn That Belly said:

Not sure if i get your analogy, we're talking about similar products with PS being the value village, your example is comparing PS condos and OH sfr's?

Just looking at residual values, Toyota's seem to be the winner, value ftw!
https://www.kbb.com/new-cars/best-resale-value-awards/best-brand/https://www.kbb.com/new-cars/best-resale-value-awards/best-resale-top-10-cars/

Actually, my post was to show that the FCB parents will insist on the daughter dating the guy with the higher priced homes in the more premium location.

So FCB parents prefer son-in-laws with higher DTI ratios?

Back