Portola Springs Neighborhood 4B: Brisa, Celeste and Talise

Burn That Belly said:
bones said:
So FCB parents prefer son-in-laws with higher DTI ratios?

and so to continue the story... the boy ends up marrying the daughter and the daughter's parents pay for the wedding, pays off the boy's mortgage (which the home is now considered common property.)  boy = winning  ;D

This is sounding very autobiographical :)

Burn That Belly said:
Received updated pricing in my office this morning.

Celeste and Talise are both detached homes and they have gorgeous views all the way to Newport Beach. Views can be seen from bedroom windows. We all know views are top sellers and add to appreciation.  Talise has 4 bedrooms and are clones to Trellis Court.

The prices are as follows:

Celeste
Plan 1: $798,714, 1792 sf
Plan 2: $765,536, 1460 sf
Plan 3: $867,590, 1600 sf
Plan 4: $840,240, 1596 sf
Celeste HOA: $112/mo., Portola Springs: $134/mo

Base Rate: 1.05% annually
Special Assessments: CFD 86-1 and 09-1 $1,700/annually
Assessment District AD 04-20 $1,800 annually

Talise
Plan 1: $928,996, 1806 sf
Plan 2: $905,993, 1827 sf
Plan 3: $926,172, 1940 sf
Plan 3X: Temp. Sold Out
Plan 3Y: $966,026
Plan 4: Temp. Sold out, 2070 sf
Talise HOA: $109/mo., Portola Springs: $134/mo

Base Rate: 1.05% annually
Special Assessments: CFD 86-1 and 09-1 $1,700/annually
Assessment District AD 04-20 $2,350 annually

What do you think about the location being near the toll road?

Burn That Belly said:
eddieuclabruin said:
I am not sure if we were being overly paranoid, but we decided against Celeste because of it's proximity to the landfill.

Were you able to smell it or just a 6th sense?
I'll be honest, most of it had to do with a lot of the stuff I read on here about it not being a great idea to live so close to a landfill. When we visited Celeste we couldn't smell anything, but me being the worrier I am I knew that it would always be in the back of my head. In terms of location, that whole development is about as close as you can get to the landfill - it's pretty much literally right below it.

With that being said, I am sure things would've been fine. It was just a personal decision not to pull the trigger. 

eyephone said:
inv0ke-epipen said:
What about landfill? I went to the landfill and got bronchitis.

Are you joking or serious?

I'm mostly just shitposting, but I was there for work a few weeks back and got a nasty cough while there.  Not sure if actually related, but I do think the landfill is an environmental concern for the homes in proximity.

On the plus side, didn't smell at all at the landfill itself (at least by the admin buildings), which was a nice surprise. Good facility overall.

Burn That Belly said:
eddieuclabruin said:
Burn That Belly said:
eddieuclabruin said:
I am not sure if we were being overly paranoid, but we decided against Celeste because of it's proximity to the landfill.

I'll be honest, most of it had to do with a lot of the stuff I read on here about it not being a great idea to live so close to a landfill. When we visited Celeste we couldn't smell anything, but me being the worrier I am I knew that it would always be in the back of my head. In terms of location, that whole development is about as close as you can get to the landfill - it's pretty much literally right below it.

With that being said, I am sure things would've been fine. It was just a personal decision not to pull the trigger.

Thanks for your thoughts. Did you end up at Baker Ranch?

Nope!  :eek: We pulled out of Baker Ranch because the track we were going to purchase ended up being literally on the land of the old Ordnance Explosive Device site from the military base.  ::)
Again, more overly-paranoid decisions (or lack thereof). We had put our search for a home off for a months, but now that our apartment lease is almost over (early August), we've resumed our search in the Irvine/Tustin Ranch/Aliso Viejo areas.

eddieuclabruin said:
Burn That Belly said:
eddieuclabruin said:
Burn That Belly said:
eddieuclabruin said:

Thanks for your thoughts. Did you end up at Baker Ranch?

Nope!  :eek: We pulled out of Baker Ranch because the track we were going to purchase ended up being literally on the land of the old Ordnance Explosive Device site from the military base.  ::)
Again, more overly-paranoid decisions (or lack thereof). We had put our search for a home off for a months, but now that our apartment lease is almost over (early August), we've resumed our search in the Irvine/Tustin Ranch/Aliso Viejo areas.

So your problem is this:

You want a newer home in the center of the county. But the only land left either has issues (near landfill, cemetery, road noise), small close lots and/or is expensive and has high taxes.

It will only get worse, there is a finite amount of land left.

You needed to buy something 50 years ago.

Back