Portola Springs Neighborhood 4B: Brisa, Celeste and Talise

I think I figured it out, I think Celeste is the same as Luna.  I was checking out a listing on Redfin (150 Firefly) and realized it's the same as Celeste Floorplan #2.

Luna in PS, and Jade court at CV were exactly the same floor plans, so is Celeste.

What is the consensus on their floor plans?

Their floor plans are very good, one of the best detached condo, under 2,000 s.f. floor plan in Irvine.  I think the only one Jade Court floor plan that was a little less popular was the one with 3 floors. 

The Jade Court in CV is extremely popular, when it was new, it sold like hot cake.  Even now in the existing home market, Jade Court home got sold almost as soon as they pop up. 

Ah okay, that makes sense.  I am a newbie, and didn't know they were the same. I'll expand my search to include Jade.  I was pretty bummed I couldn't find any reviews for either neighborhood on IHB.

TIC and 5 points are locked in on pricing.  They cannot go down in price because it would substantially undercut other areas that are being sold.  Stonegate and Orchard Hills set the market for Eastwood, Beacon Park, PS2.

firsttimehomebuyer said:
5A is a much better location and Juniper or legado may be a better choice..

I agree.  If the starting price is low 900k for an 1800 sq ft courtyard home in PS4B, I?d go with the larger Legado or Juniper homes in PS5A for the same price.

these home with low mello-roos like cypress village east would be reasonable for competition issues with great park homes, but no mello-roos like baker ranch homes just would bring so much more attraction. if these homes sell with $5000 mello-roos like other new areas, then i don't see them selling well at all unless the housing price drop significantly.

range_life said:
Got an email today, Brisa is anticipated at $600k; Celeste is anticipated at mid $700k.

Grand model opening December 9th.  Brisa from low $600K, Celeste from mid $750k, and Talise from low $900k.

If Celeste is indeed starting around mid $700ks, its the best value among these trios. 

Went to the grand opening to register a client and here are the prices...

Brisa - Low $600k to Mid $700k around $500/sf with $333/mo HOA and $3,300/year Mello Roos
Celeste - Mid $700k to Mid $800k also around $500/sf with $245/mo HOA and $3,500/year Mello Roos
Talise - Low $900k to High $900ks over $500/sf with $243/mo HOa and $4,050/year Mello Roos (some of the Plan 4s will have view lots)

USCTrojanCPA said:

Brisa - Low $600k to Mid $700k around $500/sf with $333/mo HOA and $3,300/year Mello Roos
Celeste - Mid $700k to Mid $800k also around $500/sf with $245/mo HOA and $3,500/year Mello Roos
Talise - Low $900k to High $900ks over $500/sf with $243/mo HOa and $4,050/year Mello Roos (some of the Plan 4s will have view lots)

WOW. $500/sf+ for detached condos. Is this the new normal?

Friend got a price sheet from Celeste, where 1600 SQFT, Plan 3 is listed at 845K base price+ 35K upgrades= 880. Unbelievable.

Thoughts on the price?

the.irvine said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Friend got a price sheet from Celeste, where 1600 SQFT, Plan 3 is listed at 845K base price+ 35K upgrades= 880. Unbelievable.

Thoughts on the price?

In most parts of Irvine, detached condos are approaching $500/sf (Cypress Village, Eastwood, Stonegate, etc).  I think the pricing is a bit high for Portola Springs personally.  They would have been better served starting around $460-$475/sf and build momentum.  I think it'll take them while to sell all of those homes. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
the.irvine said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Thoughts on the price?

In most parts of Irvine, detached condos are approaching $500/sf (Cypress Village, Eastwood, Stonegate, etc).  I think the pricing is a bit high for Portola Springs personally.  They would have been better served starting around $460-$475/sf and build momentum.  I think it'll take them while to sell all of those homes.

I am considering buying one of the Celeste detached homes at $750k but $511/qt ft. is tough to wrap my brain around. At 1470 sq. ft. it just doesn't give us a lot of extra space to grow into (right now it's just my wife and I). There were tons of people at the grand opening yesterday so we're worried that they will sell quickly and we will miss out on the early phase pricing if we don't jump on it.  :-[

In couple months let's see how many quick move-in's poping on redfin.  To me that's a good indicator if they are selling or starting to become desperate.  ;D

USCTrojanCPA said:
the.irvine said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Thoughts on the price?

Back