Pokemon Go

They should really add a "Fight another Trainer" mode.

When you fight at the gyms, you're not really fighting another player, you are fighting the AI. Fighting other trainers would make this app awesome and they could even give you bonuses if you actually go to a gym to fight (thus continuing to encourage the whole get of the house and walk benefit along with the social interaction).

Niantic has said trading will eventually be added which will also be a great feature.

So funny how this game has made public shopping centers and parks so crowded with phone zombies.

D27D806C-7A6D-4631-A2C1-2DFD57D37AB5_zpshqcysh13.png

Almost gym ready

Dude, gyms are now packing 2000cp+ popos.

But you can take them down even with sub-1000 monsters... you just need to use the right types and dodge. So far I've defeated 4 gyms and I only have 1 mon just over 1000.

And remember to cash in your defense bonus to get your 10 poke coins as soon as you take over a gym, someone is going to beat you less than 5 minutes later and then you can't redeem.

And Vaporeon got nerfed in the weekend update... too bad as that was one of my highest popos.

19% battery life? Where's your portable pack? :)

So I have a chance with my local gym with a 2000cp King Pokemon evolved poliwag thing.  Thanks for the gym tip, I assume I would get knocked out soon after winning since the AI would be weak.  Speaking of high CP, a weak mon can knockout a higher cp AI controlled mon?  So is that why I see a 10 cp bellsprout at the gym?  How does that work?

And parents please monitor your little ones, especially when they pick their handles.  Maintain privacy as much as possible.  Lots of creeps out there. 

It's easier to take down Level 3 or lower gyms (they can have max 3 mons) since you have 6 to take down their 3.

You can Google how to use dodge attack to basically avoid most damage even against stronger ones, the trick though is to do it before time runs out. It is the AI who defends so yes, yours will die quickly once you take over because of lower CP.

Problem is now I'm seeing Level 5+ gyms and those are hard to take down with weaker ones. I assume it will get worse so take down as many weak gyms that you can to earn coins, CP up your mons and up your XP. You need to burn all those potions you've been stockpiling anyways to make room for more balls.

I see lots of level 7 and 8 gyms.  Even taking those down is possible.  You just attack, again and again.  Every time you beat at least one of their pokemons in combat, they lose prestige.  Lose enough prestige and the gym drops a level, when it drops a level, the lowest CP defender gets the boot.

It's a good design to insure turnover, if the defenders get too strong, the same team can't train and boost prestige, attackers then siege the gym until a lower power attacker can take the gym.

Mainland China does not need to spend all that effort building carrier killer missiles, stealth fighters, space and laser weapons, etc. to keep the Americans out of theatre when they seize Taiwan.  All then need to do is hack Pok?mon Go servers and lead all the Taiwanese off a cliff.

lnc said:
Pokemon Stampede!!

This look like the scene from some zombie movie but its only people playing Pokemon Go.  Just so crazy. 
http://www.bustle.com/articles/1799...re-all-still-completely-dedicated-to-catching

https://youtu.be/MoYjVTbLWyo

Lucky duck, my highest CP is about 1000 for our Vaporeon.  At least I was able to battle here:

CB25E5BF-2713-4495-95DC-65C1FE94D52C_zps6eohznov.png

Lost the gym in about 5 minutes.....

ps9 said:
Lucky duck, my highest CP is about 1000 for our Vaporeon.  At least I was able to battle here:

CB25E5BF-2713-4495-95DC-65C1FE94D52C_zps6eohznov.png

Lost the gym in about 5 minutes.....

So you went to NY just to play Pokemon Go?

;)

Yup, and for ippudo ramen, eatily, marumoto, high line, shake shack, lady liberty, riding the stinky hot subway, rolled ice cream, Katz's pastrami, Joes Shanghai, Peter Lugers, the met, natural history museum, and a GREAT park.

Anyone still playing?

I'm stuck at level 22... 100k xp is so hard when you don't have lucky eggs and don't play as much.

And now all the gyms are 9 or 10. How do those players get to level 30 much less 25? It can't be kids... my kids haven't even hit level 20.

I wonder how they are going to keep kids playing this game?

Back