Oakmont by Ryland Homes at Beacon Park

No price sheet?
There should be one sheet in the booklet with prices, unless they plan to change it
Cheapest plan 1, 1.126
Plan 2 1.181
Plan 3 1.287

image_zpslhdfkf4m.jpg

This Bertazzoni range/oven is $10,499!!

It was in the plan 3 Oakmont model, really caught the eye.  Great, now I gotta have one....

Man that thing is ugly.  I like the big industrial knobs much better...

ps9, don't throw away a full year of mello on that!

Plan 1 Model
image_zpsam68q5ju.jpg

Plan 2 Model
image_zps8y4ftsmn.jpg

Plan 3 Model
image_zpss2lih0vj.jpg

Bigger Site plan:
39e1bd4b-0327-447f-9ed6-0c3498db403d_zpsuqdf6i0r.jpg

Plan 3:
Oakmont%20plan%203_zpsc5vzm2f3.jpg

Oakmont%20plan%203a_zpssef6wlex.jpg

So looks like the plan 3 is the one to get.  It was ok to me, and way better than the plan 1 and 2 mutants at table 9.  High ceiling entrance, 'O' layout, garage entry near kitchen, double CA room/patio with the rear roll up garage entry is kinda cool, and a decent sized upstairs loft.  Here are my nitpicks though for plan 3:  kitchen counter space, the 'stuck out' nook layout which makes the smaller yard even smaller, upstairs laundry borders master, and probably the worst of all:  bad lot picks in the overall site plan.  Lot 37 is the biggest plan 3 but it doesn't face the street and stuck on a pseudo motorcourt with its neighbor.  The only decent plan 3's are the two on Tandem but you'll get almost no yard with those lots.  Lot 35 is the only one I would consider.  1 lot out of 49, not very good odds. 

The rear roll-up garage door is interesting. It would eliminate a lot of storage space in the garage, but might be pretty cool for kids' parties. You could better avoid kids and parents trampling through your house by having the driveway and garage car-free with a wide opening through the back of the garage to the backyard.

Perspective said:
The rear roll-up garage door is interesting. It would eliminate a lot of storage space in the garage, but might be pretty cool for kids' parties. You could better avoid kids and parents trampling through your house by having the driveway and garage car-free with a wide opening through the back of the garage to the backyard.

Exact use I thought of too. Now if they'll only build a bathroom with outdoor access.  Eliminates any kid in my house ever. :)

ps9 said:
image_zpslhdfkf4m.jpg

It was in the plan 3 Oakmont model, really caught the eye.  Great, now I gotta have one....

I was there yesterday, they have a semi-sales rep sitting in each model to greet and answer questions. Each one mentioned that the Thermadore fridge and Italian stove/cook top is included. Hard to believe. Has anyone else heard the same?

Irvine Fanatic said:
ps9 said:
image_zpslhdfkf4m.jpg

I was there yesterday, they have a semi-sales rep sitting in each model to greet and answer questions. Each one mentioned that the Thermadore fridge and Italian stove/cook top is included. Hard to believe. Has anyone else heard the same?

I was there yesterday too. Yup, sales reps in every model. Didn't care for them there, although they were relatively unobtrusive. I also heard him say that the stoves are standard; didn't hear about the fridge.

Didn't really care for these models. I had been through Torrey immediately before and these felt really small.

Hi there, I see it's been a while since the most recent entry but I was wondering if anyone knows how Oakmont or Beacon Park is selling in general.  Doesn't seem like inventory is moving that quickly.

I think this is turning into a self fulfilling prophecy where people aren't buying new homes because they're not selling, and they're not selling because people aren't buying them.

Genius, I know.

Wife and I have been interested in Oakmont and Juniper, however, we're waiting for the larger lots which are later phases.  So would concur, self fulfilling. 

LongIrvine said:
Wife and I have been interested in Oakmont and Juniper, however, we're waiting for the larger lots which are later phases.  So would concur, self fulfilling.

I'm surprised how poorly Juniper is selling. The largest model, Walnut, is rather nice. The price also seems reasonable. I know folks here complain about the small lots in the early phases, but 15 feet to the back wall isn't worse than any of the IPC products. Maybe the proximity to the cemetery is hurting sales after all.

aquabliss said:
I think this is turning into a self fulfilling prophecy where people aren't buying new homes because they're not selling, and they're not selling because people aren't buying them.

Genius, I know.

They are not selling because prices are too high...  regardless of whether or not this place sits on top of a toxic dump, people would likely buy these if they were priced better.
All of housing is starting to slump and I believe it has to do with the fact that prices went up too much too quickly. 

If 4>2, Oakmont is better than Juniper.  :)

Between Oakmont plan 3 and Juniper plan 1, which one will you choose? : Oakmont better floor plan, Juniper better location and elevation, and current phase bigger yard. Oakmont is $60K more....

Current pricing.  The sales lady was new and didn't have a site plan showing sales

Attachments

• Oakmont.pdf
    225.2 KB · Views: 258
So if I remember correctly they have 1 of each plan available in phase 1, and sold/pending 7 homes. PhaseII has a plan 1 and plan 2 available. I did not like any of their models when I visited before, however finally went to look at the home sites as they are move in ready at this point, surprisingly really liked plan 1 and its open feel when you enter, also really liked plan 3 because of the huge loft upstairs. plan 2 feels chopped up. The sales person mentioned they will be releasing a new phase this weekend or next week which will have 4 home sites.

Back