new home upgrades

It would be a lot harder to upgrade because the size is slightly different and installation.  Also especially with HOAs having to snoop and getting approvals.

It's not cost feasible to add bi-fold doors later. It requires structural (steel) cross beam to support the greater open distance. Not easy retrofit.

Changer said:
It's not cost feasible to add bi-fold doors later. It requires structural (steel) cross beam to support the greater open distance. Not easy retrofit.

that's a good point, i guess it will justify paying that 1% tax for the rest of the ownership years.

oceanmonkey said:
i saw a lot of builders are offering bi-folding doors as an options, normally they cost over 8k. anybody knows if this is a good deal or not? considering 8k + 88 tax every year after.

Arcadia and Lafayette were charging $24K+ for the large bi-fold doors. In the case of Arcadia, you needed to select this upgrade prior to the start of building because they had to adjust the foundation to support them.

JadedOne said:
Arcadia and Lafayette were charging $24K+ for the large bi-fold doors. In the case of Arcadia, you needed to select this upgrade prior to the start of building because they had to adjust the foundation to support them.

That is true, but Lafayette models have 2+ bi-folding installed.

I just thought about it. Welton plan 2. If you opt for the bi fold, that essentially means front door straight to back door. Bad FS. 

Even Arcadia plan 2 has entry straight to back door. Interesting that a lot of buyers you'd think would care?

AW said:
I just thought about it. Welton plan 2. If you opt for the bi fold, that essentially means front door straight to back door. Bad FS. 

Even Arcadia plan 2 has entry straight to back door. Interesting that a lot of buyers you'd think would care?
If buyers really care about FS then BP will be out of question given the distance to future cemetery.  And if cemetery isn't an issue then front entry straight to back connection would not be a problem at all...  Just my guess  ::)

Roger said:
AW said:

If buyers really care about FS then BP will be out of question given the distance to future cemetery.  And if cemetery isn't an issue then front entry straight to back connection would not be a problem at all...  Just my guess  ::)

from what i saw at BP, price tag has the top impact on sales. nobody cares about FS.

AW said:

There are a lot of new homes with this feature because of the bifold doors that are so large it takes up most of the back wall of the house. So how do you avoid this bad FS? All those hidden canyon homes also have it since they have multiple retractable doors.
I guess if the home is nice enough people will overlook it. If the back door is closed how can the energy escape FS experts? Is there something that can be placed to redirect the energy?  ???
Lol I know so much more about FS since moving to Irvine.
My neighbor said 4 steps into the house is bad FS, means death. And then I look around and most of the homes have 4 steps into their homes  :eek:

Paris said:
AW said:

There are a lot of new homes with this feature because of the bifold doors that are so large it takes up most of the back wall of the house. So how do you avoid this bad FS? All those hidden canyon homes also have it since they have multiple retractable doors.
I guess if the home is nice enough people will overlook it. If the back door is closed how can the energy escape FS experts? Is there something that can be placed to redirect the energy?  ???
My neighbor said 4 steps into the house is bad FS, means death. And then I look around and most of the homes have 4 steps into their homes  :eek:

How many steps on the house with ugly turf and fake Christmas tree?  They are probably the ultimate FS experts.

Paris said:
AW said:

Reminder - counting my front door steps after getting home today

Paris said:
AW said:

This step count thing is as ludicrous as numbers being considered good or bad. Just really dumb stuff.

The number thirteen is neither good nor bad. It's just a number. Number four is the same, and eight too. Can we just stop this nonsense?

Can someone give me a reasonable logical argument, why anyone should be concerned with a rear door's placement relative to the front door?

Back