Mulberry at Cypress Village

whome said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
whome said:
lnc said:
thelandofnoland said:
Mulberry is sold out.

I think one of the lucky poster here on TI got one of the last Mulberry homes.  ;)

@Inc - was it you? :)
I know that ScubaSteve snapped the second to last available Mulberry home.

Oh yes! I knew he had bought a mulberry- but didn't realize it was one of the last. Cool!

It's the inside that counts =) #thatswhatmymomtoldme

Inc was kind enough to invite me over to his house last weekend to get some backyard ideas and I loved what he did with the place.  It just reminded me about how much post-move-in things I have to do

this makes me feel OK about paying 1.1M for a plan 2... there is hope for appreciation for someone like me who bought in the last phase!

Checking in on my fellow T.I. Mulberry'ers.  Care to post any 1 year post move-in updates?  Still love your place and CV?

We've been in our place for about 6 months now and for the most part still love our Plan 2 house and the CV area.  However, almost everyone on my street is FCB and now I'm starting to see how this was a turn-off to so many IBH/T.I.'ers.  Most of them are quiet and stick to themselves which is totally fine, but we miss our awesome neighbors in the good ole motorcourts in WBE.  We also noticed that there are no young families with small kids on our street so that's kind of a bummer.

There were two FCB incidents that really ticked me off. 1) My next door neighbor are FCBs who don't tend their front yard and flick their nasty cigarette butts all over the sidewalk. One day,  I picked them all up and put them on their front door with a note to politely clean up their mess.  It seems like they've been pretty good about it since then but we'll have to see.  Hopefully, the HOA will do something about the tumbleweeds growing out of their front yard.

2) I had a holiday party and one of my friends parked across the street from my house.  Later on during the evening, I had an FCB complaining to me in what I think was Chinese (he didn't speak English) about my friend parking in front of his house.  His wife comes out and explains that "Management" said that they get two parking spots outside their house.  I politely told them yes, they get their driveways.  Keep in mind that there was plenty of parking on the entire street and it wasn't like we took over the entire street parking.

/End of FCB Rant.

Aside from these two incidents we're really enjoying the amenities such as proximities to the pool, park and JOST.  The little one starts Kinder next year so we're looking forward to seeing how having a school in the neighborhood will be.  I also stopped by the OH today to compare the Strada models homes to our home now that the novelty of having a new house has worn off and I'd still take Mulberry over Strada if I had to do it all over again (unless you're telling me OH has no FCBs there =)).

lnc said:
This Mulberry plan 1 is for sale, asking for $119,800.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/55-Sycamore-Bnd-92620/home/59051749

Not much upgrades at all.  Only upgrade I see is the kitchen cabinet, the granite counter top, optional conservatory, optional room at the California garage and the optional 2nd floor loft.  The asking price is a bit high for this sparsley upgraded home.

This home finally got sold.  Don't know what the final sale price is but asking price starts at $119,800 6 month ago and reduce down to $112,800 last month. 

6 month is a long time try to sell a home, should have used USCT's selling strategy.

Any build defects?  Mulberry was the first iPac with 10 ft ceilings no? Builder responsive to issues?

Yes, I believe Mulberry had the first 10 ft ceilings. It's now the first thing I notice when I go check out other new homes now....definitely hard to go back to lower ceilings.

I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary in terms of build defects. Irvine Pac has been top notch in terms of getting all our service requests addressed. They even hooked me up with a medicine cabinet after writing about the lack of one in the master bath in a survey which I thought was awesome.

ps9 said:
Any build defects?  Mulberry was the first iPac with 10 ft ceilings no? Builder responsive to issues?

The corner house looks to be selling through the real estate agent directly and not online. He has a sign hanging in front of the house. Wonder why they aren't selling over internet?

Back