Mulberry at Cypress Village

Bullsback said:
Listing says they paid almost 100K in upgrades? Where?  White walls, standard carpet and flooring?

$30K travertine tile flooring
$20K crown moulding
$30K window shutters
$10K ceiling speakers
$10K drapes

LOL

I wonder if those little kitchen cabinets near the AC vent level are usable?  Or do they have ductwork, wiring behind?  Quite a reach to get to them.  The mirror by the entrance looks dangerous if you swing the door too wide.  The builder standard white square tiles in the master bath kills it for me.

ps9 said:
I wonder if those little kitchen cabinets near the AC vent level are usable?  Or do they have ductwork, wiring behind?  Quite a reach to get to them.  The mirror by the entrance looks dangerous if you swing the door too wide.  The builder standard white square tiles in the master bath kills it for me.
Yeah, that master bath looked pretty bad for a 1.3M house.  Isn't this list price > than the models (or at least I think they are). I wouldn't buy a model home (major premium for a house that has gotten abused for a couple years) but at least than you get significant upgrades in the house (cause this house looked about as builder stock as it comes). 

Bullsback said:
ps9 said:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/71-Acorn-Gln-92620/home/61489809

$15,000 credit back to buyer to finish unfinished back yard.  That's not bad right?  Shouldn't cost that much for that narrow strip of land.
Listing says they paid almost 100K in upgrades? Where?  White walls, standard carpet and flooring? 

Maybe $10k at most.  Beside $8500 for conservatory and $8500 for the office at CA garage, I really don't see any major upgrades either.

This plan 2 from page 22 of this thread  57 Sycamore Bnd was for sale since April and finally got an offer recently after reduce price to $1,030,000 and this house has way more upgrade than that 71 Acorn Gln plan 3. 

lnc said:
Bullsback said:
ps9 said:

$15,000 credit back to buyer to finish unfinished back yard.  That's not bad right?  Shouldn't cost that much for that narrow strip of land.

Maybe $10k at most.  Beside $8500 for conservatory and $8500 for the office at CA garage, I really don't see any major upgrades either.

This plan 2 from page 22 of this thread  57 Sycamore Bnd was for sale since April and finally got an offer recently after reduce price to $1,030,000 and this house has way more upgrade than that 71 Acorn Gln plan 3.

Those homeowners probably don't have a clue on how to decorate and what upgrades to get. House looks pretty stock inside.

Chairman said:
lnc said:
Bullsback said:
ps9 said:

Those homeowners probably don't have a clue on how to decorate and what upgrades to get. House looks pretty stock inside.

What?  That lightbulb hanging from the cieling in the master is awesome!

JustSayin said:
Chairman said:
lnc said:
Bullsback said:
ps9 said:

What?  That lightbulb hanging from the cieling in the master is awesome!

Well there will be some FCB who will purchase it. 

IR2, USC Please comment, is it me or do the new listing prices indicate that spring season has come early?  Now I actually believe I am priced out of move up houses and my kids are priced out for ever in Irvine.

15k less. I hope someone nice moves in. Do you guys think the home wasn't staged that well and that is why it sold for less?

I wonder what their purchase price was.  After the upgrades (though minor) and landscaping (maybe $10k - $15k) they may have taken a loss.

Chairman said:
15k less. I hope someone nice moves in.

I hope someone nice moves in too. :)

Chairman said:
Do you guys think the home wasn't staged that well and that is why it sold for less?

Maybe.  But I guess seller's timing (plenty of new homes are available this time around) and initial asking price (too high) has something to do with it. 

When the owner put this home on the market back in April of 2014, there are plenty of new Mulberry home available with no waiting list and priced far less than the seller's original asking price (I believe seller was asking $1,120,000 initially).  Also around the same time, Laurel opened and this give potential buyer even more choice of new homes within Cypress Village.  Then there's also Pavilion Park, plenty of similar sized home with "bigger lot" to choose from. :p

If the seller wait until Cypress Village is completely build out than list the home,  I believe he'll have a better shot at selling it close to it's original asking price.  Of course, hiring the right agent will help too.

aquabliss said:
I wonder what their purchase price was.  After the upgrades (though minor) and landscaping (maybe $10k - $15k) they may have taken a loss.

The home was offered from the builder for $957,000 but not sure what's the final purchase price was and for some reason it's not list in Zillow. 

It does looks like the seller is taking a loss on this property. 

Irvine Dream said:
IR2, USC Please comment, is it me or do the new listing prices indicate that spring season has come early?  Now I actually believe I am priced out of move up houses and my kids are priced out for ever in Irvine.

I'll put together a year-end market update for you and you can slice/dice the indicators for yourself. I'm too small a player in the big market to be able to speak on its behalf...

-IR2

whome said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
whome said:
lnc said:
thelandofnoland said:
Mulberry is sold out.

I think one of the lucky poster here on TI got one of the last Mulberry homes.  ;)

@Inc - was it you? :)
I know that ScubaSteve snapped the second to last available Mulberry home.

Oh yes! I knew he had bought a mulberry- but didn't realize it was one of the last. Cool!

Actually I was talking about ScubaSteve.

And interestingly, both of us bought the exact same plan and same exterior elevation.  Our home looks like twins. 

ScubaSteve's really going to enjoy his new Mulberry home. :)

lnc said:
whome said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
whome said:
lnc said:
thelandofnoland said:
Mulberry is sold out.

I think one of the lucky poster here on TI got one of the last Mulberry homes.  ;)

@Inc - was it you? :)
I know that ScubaSteve snapped the second to last available Mulberry home.

Oh yes! I knew he had bought a mulberry- but didn't realize it was one of the last. Cool!

Actually I was talking about ScubaSteve.

And interestingly, both of us bought the exact same plan and same exterior elevation.  Our home looks like twins. 

ScubaSteve's really going to enjoy his new Mulberry home. :)
Inc, there were 2 homes available when ScubaSteve bought his Mulberry home (the one that he bought had the elevation that he wanted and it dropped out of escrow).  I think the last home sold shortly after ScubaSteve signed his contract. 

Well the both of you guys do have great taste so I'm not surprised.  I know ScubaSteve is enjoying his California garage by pumping iron in it. 

Back