Minimum Wage Increase Impact/Effect

eyephone said:
IHO: good post

I agree: In general, let the market dictate what a person should make.

you mean the "FREE" market, as in non-competes for cashiers at panera, so that they have no ability to move jobs for higher wages?

fortune11 said:
Loco_local said:
It can't be the '90s because that's when Bill was president. It must have been awful because no one wanted to see his wife continue his legacy of free trade and cracking down on immigration and crime. Also Clinton raised the minimum wage for the first time in years (decades?) and everyone remembers how much the economy suffered as a result. Trump meant before the Civil Rights movement when everyone knew their place and everything was made in America.

Actually I was wrong. Bush raised the minimum wage in 1990 & 1991.

Ha ha, very well said.  You will get no logical response to this, but perhaps a gif or two :)

He's off by a century.  Trump still lives in the Gilded Age and pines for the glory days of the 1850s.

I think most of us grew up in an America that was great, but events like 9/11 and the Fed policies that led to the housing crisis caused America to be not so great under Bush/Obama.  Trump is restoring things to that pre-9/11 America where we don't senselessly invade countries and where the economy is built on protecting American jobs instead of solely focusing on reducing labor costs for the benefit of multi-national corporations. 

Why do you think the entrenched elites hate what Trump is doing?  Because of their patriotism?  Yeah, right!!  It's because Trump's policies are eating directly into the bottom line of the military industrial complex and the big business donors that keep people like the Bush's, Clinton's, and Obama's so rich.  Even our intelligence leaders are getting rich off of their "service".

Comey made $10 million dollars in the private sector between the time he left the Justice Dept. and came back to lead the FBI.  Brennan and Clapper are cashing in right now on their "service" to our country by taking cushy gigs with the cable networks and "consulting" for big bucks.  They hate that Trump is overturning the old order and they need to destroy him because he is making it a lot harder for them to cash in on their government "service".

When our adversaries like China and Russia engage in this profit off government connections, it's called 'corruption' and 'money laundering', but in the US it's never called out as such.

Liar Loan said:
I think most of us grew up in an America that was great, but events like 9/11 and the Fed policies that led to the housing crisis caused America to be not so great under Bush/Obama.  Trump is restoring things to that pre-9/11 America where we don't senselessly invade countries and where the economy is built on protecting American jobs instead of solely focusing on reducing labor costs for the benefit of multi-national corporations. 

Why do you think the entrenched elites hate what Trump is doing?  Because of their patriotism?  Yeah, right!!  It's because Trump's policies are eating directly into the bottom line of the military industrial complex and the big business donors that keep people like the Bush's, Clinton's, and Obama's so rich.  Even our intelligence leaders are getting rich off of their "service".

Comey made $10 million dollars in the private sector between the time he left the Justice Dept. and came back to lead the FBI.  Brennan and Clapper are cashing in right now on their "service" to our country by taking cushy gigs with the cable networks and "consulting" for big bucks.  They hate that Trump is overturning the old order and they need to destroy him because he is making it a lot harder for them to cash in on their "service".

When our adversaries like China and Russia engage in this profit off government service, it's called 'corruption' and 'money laundering', but in the US it's never called out as such.

Is the a political statement? I thought we are talking about the minimum wage effect.

I?m suprised you didn?t talk about African American voters supporting Trump.

eyephone said:
Liar Loan said:

Comey made $10 million dollars in the private sector between the time he left the Justice Dept. and came back to lead the FBI.  Brennan and Clapper are cashing in right now on their "service" to our country by taking cushy gigs with the cable networks and "consulting" for big bucks.  They hate that Trump is overturning the old order and they need to destroy him because he is making it a lot harder for them to cash in on their "service".

When our adversaries like China and Russia engage in this profit off government service, it's called 'corruption' and 'money laundering', but in the US it's never called out as such.

Is the a political statement? I thought we are talking about the minimum wage effect.

In the bond bubble that liar loan / * man lives in

Everyone is more corrupt and swampy than Trump

There is no politician African Americans love more than trump

White House had no dignity or grace until Trump and Melanie started living in it

There is no organization more racist than the democrats

He just needs to add a tin foil hat to his profile picture to make it complete :)

fortune11 said:
eyephone said:
Liar Loan said:

In the bond bubble that liar loan / * man lives in

Everyone is more corrupt and swampy than Trump

There is no politician African Americans love more than trump

White House had no dignity or grace until Trump and Melanie started living in it

There is no organization more racist than the democrats

He just needs to add a tin foil hat to his profile picture to make it complete :)

These are strawman arguments that represent your own biased views, not mine.

Is Starbucks closing down in NYC?  Dunking donuts? CBTL?

Sorry nothing but whining from people about minimum wage, more efficient and effective companies have built out massively.

Its simple, those that can't pay more complain the wage is too high when in reality they are simply being out competed.

nosuchreality said:
Is Starbucks closing down in NYC?  Dunking donuts? CBTL?

Sorry nothing but whining from people about minimum wage, more efficient and effective companies have built out massively.

Its simple, those that can't pay more complain the wage is too high when in reality they are simply being out competed.

Actually, they are, and at about 3 times their normal pace...

Pret, Chipotle, Starbucks Closing Locations?What Is Going On?

Similarly, Starbucks? New York City broker, David Firestein of SCG Retail, said of the QSR closings: ?The costs to operate in New York City, especially rent and labor, are high in an extremely competitive market. Even the best food operators are looking to thin the herd, while at the same time exploring new opportunities. For some of the smaller players, it is more

https://commercialobserver.com/2018/06/pret-chipotle-starbucks-closing-locations-what-is-going-on/

Back