Magnolia at Cypress Village

Yup.. that's why the new homes are selling well still.  Resale homes aren't taking the market seriously.

Those WTF asking prices are making new and reasonable priced resales sound like a bargain even if they are not. 

Perhaps it's all the flippers out there who have bought up all the fixer-uppers and put them back on the market at premiums.  That is why you are not seeing any cheap re-sales out there anymore.  All out-dated re-sales that are priced below market are getting bought by "investment" groups and put back on the market 2 months later at premium.

lnc said:
RCV said:
test said:

This doesn't make any sense. Sold for more than $1million then now they are selling for only $867k? Must be desperate to sell, but why?

The sold record of $1 million is a mistake.  This is a plan 1 purchased in very early phases.  With very limited upgrades, this one probably sold originally at less than it's current asking price.

Closed for $850k.  Bad flip.  Lost $200k?
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/60-Gardenhouse-Way-92620/home/52530544

Magnolia Current Pricing:

Plan 1: $867,900 (negotiate down to $830K?)
Plan 2: $930,000 (only 100 sf larger than Plan 1?)
Plan 3: $1,046,500
Plan 3X: $1,023,500

Wow! I didn't know Irvine buyers were so obsessed with appearance!

Where did you get those prices? I just picked up a price sheet today:

Residence 1
Homesite 51, 68 field poppy $910,080
Homesite 12, 75 field poppy $910,080

Residence 2 $971,502
Homesite 44, 82 field poppy

Residence 3 $1,073,836
Homesite 49, 72 field poppy

Residence 3x
Homesite 74, 68 purple Jasmine $1,060,147 (return?)
Homesite 50, 70 field poppy $1,073,138
Homesite 11, 73 field poppy $1,083,138

Gardenhouse must be one of the earlier phases. Assuming around $840k purchase price plus $50k upgrades (their numbers) plus landscaping/realtor fees/closing costs, they'll probably be close to breaking even at the asking price. Which is better than you could expect after just 6 months of ownership.

Joe61022 said:
Gardenhouse must be one of the earlier phases. Assuming around $840k purchase price plus $50k upgrades (their numbers) plus landscaping/realtor fees/closing costs, they'll probably be close to breaking even at the asking price. Which is better than you could expect after just 6 months of ownership.

There is no pictures of the backyard.

gasman said:
eyephone said:
There is no pictures of the backyard.

What backyard?...

Joe made a comment about landscaping. I thought the listing had the backyard done. So no pictures of backyard and no mention of backyard in the property listing makes me to believe the backyard is not done.

Back