Magnolia at Cypress Village

To sell the house you have to get HOA to sign off, which means the landscaping must be done, correct? Must be at least 6 months since it first closed. But maybe I assume too much.

eyephone said:
gasman said:
eyephone said:
There is no pictures of the backyard.

What backyard?...

Joe made a comment about landscaping. I thought the listing had the backyard done. So no pictures of backyard and no mention of backyard in the property listing makes me to believe the backyard is not done.

Ok...my sarcasm on the backyard didn't resonate... lol  All these guys have to do is throw some sod down in the 5ft setback yeard, and keep it alive until it's sold, then it's the new owner's problem. jk

I'm a magnolia homeowner, and the HOA guidelines are extensive. You have to have a 2 foot plantar area around the wall, with approved trees and an automated irrigation system. Even if the rest is cheap turf/pavers, it's hard to do it for even $10k.

gasman said:
Ok...my sarcasm on the backyard didn't resonate... lol  All these guys have to do is throw some sod down in the 5ft setback yeard, and keep it alive until it's sold, then it's the new owner's problem. jk

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/63-Purple-Jasmine-92620/home/58852342

OC14222660_22_0.jpg

$1.35 million motorcourt, that prep kitchen must be worth a quarter million.

These sellers must be crazy.  There is no way anyone would pay 1.35m for this CV home.  Do they think people are stupid?  Insane

lovingit said:
These sellers must be crazy.  There is no way anyone would pay 1.35m for this CV home.  Do they think people are stupid?  Insane

This is like buying lottery ticket.  The chance of winning is small but there's a chance.

The chance of this home sell at $1.35m is very slim but probably a little better than wining a lottery.  Besides, lottery ticket cost money and listing your home at WTF asking price is free until it is actually sold but than the seller would gladly pay up the commission. 

Huh, all the Magnolias I can pull up do not have any 1915 AD bond attached in the property tax bill.  Just see the two Mello Roos:

R0 IRVINE USD CFD 09-1 (800)858-8233 $1,015.31
R2 IRVINE USD CFD 86-1 (800)858-8233 $684.69

Any Magnolia owners care to comment?

Yup, just got the property tax bill this month. And 86-1 is only 10 years I think.

ps9 said:
Huh, all the Magnolias I can pull up do not have any 1915 AD bond attached in the property tax bill.  Just see the two Mello Roos:

R0 IRVINE USD CFD 09-1 (800)858-8233 $1,015.31
R2 IRVINE USD CFD 86-1 (800)858-8233 $684.69

Any Magnolia owners care to comment?

So glad to find a thread exactly about what Im puzzling with. Any magnolia(plan 1 or plan 3)owner knows if the "backyard" is big enough for a 4 person-outdoor jacuzzi tub(6x6ft), and if it is even allowed to have one in your own yard with the HOA or whatnot regulations/guideline
Thx

New2irvine2015 said:
So glad to find a thread exactly about what Im puzzling with. Any magnolia(plan 1 or plan 3)owner knows if the "backyard" is big enough for a 4 person-outdoor jacuzzi tub(6x6ft), and if it is even allowed to have one in your own yard with the HOA or whatnot regulations/guideline
Thx

A jacuzzi tub in Magnolia's back yard?  I guess you don't like to walk over to the Floral Park. :)

At first I didn't think it's possible but then I take a look at Cypress Village's HOA regulation and it look like it's possible if the yard is big enough.  I not sure wether Magnolia is classified as "detached condominium" or "single family detach home" but they all can have spa in the backyard.

Detached Condominium Homes

f. Swimming Pools / Spas:
1) Swimming pools are not permitted.
2) In ground and/or prefabricated spas are permitted within
the exclusive use area if the area can meet the setback
requirements and the County of Orange Health Code
requirements:
a) Spas must be setback a minimum of three (3) feet
clear of adjoining Dwellings and privacy walls.

Single Family Detached Homes

f. Swimming Pools / Spas:
1) Swimming pools/spas (in-ground or above-ground) are
permitted within the rear yard. All pools/spas are subject
to the Orange County Health Code and the following
requirements:

a) Swimming pools/spas must be set back a minimum of
three (3) feet clear of the rear and side property line
walls to provide a planting area between the pool and
the walls. Pools and spas are high activity areas and
shall be screened from Community and neighboring
views with substantial landscaping that includes
twenty-four (24) inch box evergreen screen trees
and/or fifteen (15) gallon minimum container size tall
vertical evergreen screen hedge adjacent to the
property line wall. Refer to Exhibit A, the Landscape
Palette.

wow, great news, thanks buddy.
Yea coming from NYC, it's always a dream to own a jac tub all to myself when it comes to spending a mil to buy a place..... not having to share, not having to bring towels, robe, but like jump in with beers anytime I want to.
I hope Magnolia's yard is big enough size-wise, so a 6x6 tub will require a minimum of more than 9x9 yard given the regulation of distance from walls.

@New2Irvine:

You must not be an FCB. :)

Based on my home tours, I find that a jacuzzi tub tends to skew towards the lighter ethnicity but I could be wrong here.

#WhyDoesItHaveToBeAboutRace

The model home's price doesn't look too bad compare to asking price of other previous Magnolia for sales homes and other typical outrageous model home prices.  However it still seems expensive at $1.1 & $1.17 million for a motor court home.

Back