Legado in PS - anyone currently live there? Any other thoughts/opinions?

aquabliss said:
PS5 is definitely not the Toyota Camry of Irvine.  There are much worse area's in Irvine.  BTB I remember you got the 6 series grand coupe, a very nice vehicle.  I'd probably choose that loaded over a mildly equipped 7 series.

YF lives!

Let me make it easy for you Jantoven. It will save you time and money on upgrades. Consider buying resale.

eyephone said:
Let me make it easy for you Jantoven. It will save you time and money on upgrades. Consider buying resale.

So your answer is:  neither.  I suppose I forgot to include that one as a potential option.  :)

I saw one on the road and it didn't look good but it was an lx model I think, those never look good. 

Probably similar to the Kia Sorento, the LX looks like crap inside and out and the SX limited looks pretty nice inside and out.

By the time you're 65, all the accords and camrys will be electric.

Assuming it's still PS3 versus CV thread...
I currently live in PS3.  As mentioned by many, 133 or Portola Pwky is the way to go.  It adds a 5 to 10 min than living in CV but I enjoy the quietness, fresh air, clear sky, and hill background scene.  If they indeed build some stores at Modjeska and Irvine, that will add more convenience.  Also Spectrum is only about 10, 15 min away and some of the shops near Alton and Irvine are 10 min away in Mission Viejo direction.

I drop my kid off at Irvine High every morning.  Via 133, it takes 10 to 15 min at the most.  I used to live in Westpark which took that much or longer to the same school.

Resale value can be up in the air but I don't see any indicator that will drop the value in any newer part of Irvine. When/if Portola Elementary and high school start climbing up the rank, the value will only go up. 

Not tracking TC but Legado selling prices climbed up quietly quite a bit, especially plan 4.  OP mentioned plan 2 which is still below $900k but used to be low $800 to mid $800 only a year ago. It's not nice 4 bed layout with no loft.

Plan 4 is the most popular according to the sales team and I think 3 of them were sold over $1.05 million, which is not sustainable to me.  I know the New Homes Cresa (?) next to Legado is a SFH with backyard and driveway with starting price of high $900.  They might have sold out or closed already but why would anyone pay $1 mil for 4 bed condo now with others homes available is crazy to me.  The plan 4 selling price was only high $800k last year so 20% increase and some 14 or 15 more phases to go in Portola 4...

Burn That Belly said:
irvineorbust said:
Assuming it's still PS3 versus CV thread...
I currently live in PS3.  As mentioned by many, 133 or Portola Pwky is the way to go.  It adds a 5 to 10 min than living in CV but I enjoy the quietness, fresh air, clear sky, and hill background scene.  If they indeed build some stores at Modjeska and Irvine, that will add more convenience.  Also Spectrum is only about 10, 15 min away and some of the shops near Alton and Irvine are 10 min away in Mission Viejo direction.

I drop my kid off at Irvine High every morning.  Via 133, it takes 10 to 15 min at the most.  I used to live in Westpark which took that much or longer to the same school.

Resale value can be up in the air but I don't see any indicator that will drop the value in any newer part of Irvine. When/if Portola Elementary and high school start climbing up the rank, the value will only go up. 

Not tracking TC but Legado selling prices climbed up quietly quite a bit, especially plan 4.  OP mentioned plan 2 which is still below $900k but used to be low $800 to mid $800 only a year ago. It's not nice 4 bed layout with no loft.

Plan 4 is the most popular according to the sales team and I think 3 of them were sold over $1.05 million, which is not sustainable to me.  I know the New Homes Cresa (?) next to Legado is a SFH with backyard and driveway with starting price of high $900.  They might have sold out or closed already but why would anyone pay $1 mil for 4 bed condo now with others homes available is crazy to me.  The plan 4 selling price was only high $800k last year so 20% increase and some 14 or 15 more phases to go in Portola 4...

I agree. nobody likes to drive down seeing a dirty OCTA bus yard every day. Makes my eyes sore.

Another plus i like about portola parkway? SPEED!  You can literally execute triple digits here!  ;) like that soccer mom with her Tesla X.

Never hit triple digits on Portola Pkwy...but close.  haha

Burn That Belly said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Then you need more torque!  ;D

marmott said:
I see more and more cops on Portola Pkwy doing speed checks. They must have got the memo.

For realz? I haven't. I know which areas to light it up and which areas not. When I tune my car (map tuning), that's where I usually take it.
(oh no, now some liberaltard is going to cry foul at me for being a fast and furious ricer boy)

Too much downforce, I got too much aero.  haha

USCTrojanCPA said:
Burn That Belly said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Then you need more torque!  ;D

marmott said:
I see more and more cops on Portola Pkwy doing speed checks. They must have got the memo.

For realz? I haven't. I know which areas to light it up and which areas not. When I tune my car (map tuning), that's where I usually take it.
(oh no, now some liberaltard is going to cry foul at me for being a fast and furious ricer boy)

Too much downforce, I got too much aero.  haha

at least you dont have a picnic table wing a la viper ACR  ;D  that would be too much downforce.

As for the question regarding noise from the fwys, you can definitely hear some noise, but you quickly tune it out. 

BTB - i would definitely consider TC walking distance to GP and future "base camp".  It's literally across the street from CVE entrance, and we've done the trip walking and biking many many times.

Back