Legado in PS - anyone currently live there? Any other thoughts/opinions?

I wouldn't want to live too close by the 5 fwy. (May lead to respiratory issues and also not good if your planning to make a baby. The baby maybe affected once born)  ;)

YellowFever said:
iacrenter recently posted this about living next to freeways so I'll just paste it here:
To sum it up, fuck buying in CVE!  Developers do NOT care about your health.  They care about MONEY.  Anyone believing otherwise should show me evidence that they care about your health! 

There is no way in hell TIC will ever say or market: "Cypress Village East! - The place which will improve and increase your life span!"
http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-me-freeway-pollution/

53tulg.jpg

Lol

YellowFever said:
eyephone said:
I wouldn't want to live too close by the 5 fwy. (May lead to respiratory issues and also not good if your planning to make a baby. The baby maybe affected once born)  ;)

I'm with Eyephone on this one. 

CVE is sandwiched between the 133 and the 5 fwy that you're definitely going to get bad air quality.  We DO know for a fact pollution/smog causes lung cancer and possible birth defects (Just look at China, where the air quality index is a blistering 500+ which is highly hazardous!)

Then combine that with the SCE substation which causes cancer like leukemia.  Then finally, pour salt on it because CVE is also west of the TCE plume, which the plume is heading south west in that direction. 

Legado just has proximity to the landfill and possible cemetery but those are less likely to induce cancer.

Oh and let's not forget, CVE and lower part of CV is very close to the Hazardous Waste disposal site at: 6411 Oak Canyon, Irvine, CA 92618 .  God forbid what they do over there !

Dude, you have to have something better to do than elaborately troll people on TI. 

Millions of people live near freeways, near power lines etc.  CVE land used to be a strawberry field for years so everyone that ate the fruit must also have cancer, right?  Let's be constructive and actually help people looking to buy homes in the area.

:-\

For every one of your posts, there's another to refute the claim. 

FACT: Irvine neighborhoods have been near freeways, the 'plume' etc. for years.  Most of Woodbridge and Oak Creek is right near the 405 with Woodbridge suspected to be the worst part of the 'plume'.  People have lived there for decades and the property values maintain, with no issues.

FACT: Millions of people live around the United States near power lines, with no issues. 
https://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/emf.html
https://www.forbes.com/sites/steven...oltage-power-lines-cause-cancer/#43d897c06497

FACT: CVE is not 'sandwiched' between the 5 and 133; it's actually further from the 5 than the first enclave of CV.

I'm not here to argue with you, name call or cause drama.  I've lived here for a long time, enjoy Irvine and want to help share with members good information; that's all. 

We bought the Plan 2 in Trellis Court, and that downstairs guest suite has been awesome so far.  Having its own WIC, en-suite Bath, and door to the courtyard has been complimented by family/friends who have stayed there.

I do agree the courtyard does add a bit of a townhome feel, but I'd rather have a shorter commute with more convenience and (future) amenities nearby than without.  Legado was a very close 2nd option for us though.

paydawg said:
vh5150 said:
Hi,

New member here. Anyone  currently lives in Legado have any feedback on the place? Currently looking to move to Irvine but will need to sell my existing home to do so since they don't seem to like contingent sales unless its in escrow already. The layout seems to be what we are looking for, but what's the deal with how slow it's being built? Is this to create artificial demand? Each phase is released slowly and only a few homes built per phase.

Alternatively, we are also looking at Trellis Court (residence 2) but like the layout of Legado more for roughly the same price. Any reason to consider Trellis Court instead?

Trellis Court all the way in my opinion.  MUCH more conveniently located, lower mello roos and the vaulted ceilings.  The TC residence 2 has a good sized guest bedroom downstairs which no other home that size offers.

Yeah Trellis Plan 2 is pretty good, kitchenette option on 1st floor bedroom is nice.  The first floor bedrooms for both Plan 1 and 2 are great in how they are connected to the yard.

I'm partial to Plan 1 for it's front courtyard prior to front doorway, really haven't seen anything else with that in Irvine.  This is how they build homes in Korea.  Plan 4 has the best loft and super volume ceiling covers both the dining and living room. 

Prototype said:
YellowFever said:
eyephone said:

I'm with Eyephone on this one. 

CVE is sandwiched between the 133 and the 5 fwy that you're definitely going to get bad air quality.  We DO know for a fact pollution/smog causes lung cancer and possible birth defects (Just look at China, where the air quality index is a blistering 500+ which is highly hazardous!)

Then combine that with the SCE substation which causes cancer like leukemia.  Then finally, pour salt on it because CVE is also west of the TCE plume, which the plume is heading south west in that direction. 

Legado just has proximity to the landfill and possible cemetery but those are less likely to induce cancer.

Oh and let's not forget, CVE and lower part of CV is very close to the Hazardous Waste disposal site at: 6411 Oak Canyon, Irvine, CA 92618 .  God forbid what they do over there !

Dude, you have to have something better to do than elaborately troll people on TI. 

Millions of people live near freeways, near power lines etc.  CVE land used to be a strawberry field for years so everyone that ate the fruit must also have cancer, right?  Let's be constructive and actually help people looking to buy homes in the area.

There's nothing wrong with Yellow aka Jizz posts.
I believe he is helping new home buyers and educating exisiting home owners the potential risks. To me that's part of the due diligence process.

I can say this, I am aware of the issues. But Yellow brought up stuff that I didn't think about such as the potential effects of the SCE substation. 

YellowFever said:
Prototype said:

Honestly, you must be an idiot and yeah this is an ad hominem.  First, let me fuckin' ask you this, when DOES irvine company or the city of Irvine send out flyers or surveys asking everybody in their household to respond whether or not they have cancer or any health problems?  And just exactly why they would do that, so they can cause a scandal and cause housing prices to drop?

Secondly, people come and go in Irvine.  I do have friends in Irvine, some who did get cancer living in CV.  But NOBODY fuckin' goes to work or you don't run into somebody at the grocery store and they say "Hi Everyone, I have cervical cancer!  Hi everyone, I have leukemia cancer!" ....

NO!  NEVER HAPPENS.  So don't pull that stunt on me about how "Irvine is so safe" and "has been living near freeways" and there's no proof of cancer because people have been living here for 30+years.  THAT 's because NOBODY collected data on it and nobody wants to because it DOESN"T DO anybody any good, especially TIC.  And nobody goes around sharing that kind of information.  When's the last time your neighbor knocked on your door and said "Hi Buddy, I just wanted you to know my wife has herpes and she's currently on Valtrex!  Have a good day!" ... YEAH RIGHT!  America PROTECTS health records because it's PRIVATE information.  Nurses get fuckin' fired for looking at celebrity's health records at Cedars Sinai and you're telling me Irvine Company or city doesn't report cancer simply because nobody gets cancer?  The real answer is this STUFF AINT PUBLIC INFORMATION.  You don't FIND this shit at the Orange County Clerk-Recorder office.

Lastly, you don't need to look very far (China) to see just how bad pollution causes cancer. :

"China to Have Over 800,000 Lung Cancer Patients a Year by 2020, State Media Says"http://time.com/4130476/china-smoking-pollution-lung-cancer/

China's cancer rates exploding, more than 4 million people diagnosed in 2015, study says (Lung cancer 'from air pollution')http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-24/chinas-cancer-rates-exploding-study-says/7272266

Also cancer and power stations:
"Cancer rates five times higher near power station"http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-higher-near-power-station.html#ixzz4aKr90fO5

Lastly, you'll want to pay attention to this one regarding cancer and EMF from substations and power stations.
"The effect of EMFs on biological tissue remains controversial. Virtually all scientists agree that more research is necessary to determine safe or dangerous levels. What they do know is that iron, which is necessary for healthy blood and is stored in the brain, is highly affected by EMFs. "
http://www.naturalnews.com/023078_EMF_EMFs_power.html

Let me tell you something... Iron is like a metal and it lives in our body.  It reacts with doses of EMF.  Humans have not done enough work/research to know just how much EMF is needed to react with Iron.  It's just like nobody knows how much a pregnant woman needs to drink before her baby gets down syndrome.  You can't mathematically quantify it.

At the end of the day, these are the risks. 

We can AGREE that it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to mathematically CALCULATE just how much these substations, air pollution, and TCE reduces our life span caused by cancer.  But certainly, it is nice to know that had you NOT choose to lived at Cypress Village East, you might have decreased your chances of NOT GETTING cancer by 40-50% when you hit age 50 or 60.  And by that time, one might still not be living in Irvine anymore, but it doesn't matter?  Why because the damage is ALREADY done to the DNA.

Thank you for concerning the environmental risk but please be responsible for what you are talking, be logical.
1. Shooting out some links of Chinese getting lung cancer because of air pollution caused by  factory? What does this prove and how is it related to Irvine?
2. Then you even brought an nuclear station(weapon :-\) to prove the hazard of power substation? come on.....
3. 40% -50% of getting cancer? I think even in China's most polluted area, there are not half of the people got cancer. Think twice when you want to fake a number.

I can add a point to this..parasol park is right next to SCE. Literally steps away. And they are selling fine. If parasol park homes are not going fast, thats because of mellos.. not SCE.

Back