Laguna Altura is HOT!

SG's Maricopa and LA's Cortona share the same floorplans, but Cortona (Plan 3) consistently have a $100k premium over Maricopa. 

WD's San Marino and LA's Toscana share the same floorplan, but Toscana costed more as well.

Same floorplan or not, the architecture of LA's homes costed more to built.  But prob not $100k more...  However, the community design, private parks (SG's parks are actually public), guard gated entry, and uniqueness set LA apart. 

At end of the day, all homes got sold regardless of SG, WD, or LA.  But LA received most appreciation despite it was already more expensive to begin with. 

LA has the most appreciation because there is no competition south of 405. SG has plenty of competition in PS, OH, Great Park and Northwood Point East.  I would argue LA's amenities actually suck, at least not being a positive. No bathrooms for the passive parks and they are not very accessible.  Freeway noise and pollution is a concern. Lack of on-site elementary school is also not very desirable.

Pluto3D said:
ps9 said:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/66-Como-92618/home/45378722

$650k profit in a little over 2 years, paying tax but who cares, laughing all the way to the bank

if you list it, they will come
Wow! I'm not a big fan of LA's location or design. But I guess peeps paying for a perception of exclusivity there. And as TD said, only game in town for newer irvine construction south of 405. Until hidden canyon which I doubt will have anything under 2mil.

Back on the market (May 13, 2014). Weird. Was "sold" on May 9, 2014 - cash. Same listing agent both times.
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/66-Como-92618/home/45378722

This went pending on May 10, 2014. Both the realtors for 66 Como and 77 Chianti are from Berkshire Hathaway HomeService. Is there a possibility that 66 Como was "sold" on May 9 to get a comp for 77 Chianti which went pending on May 10?
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/77-Chianti-92618/home/45378730

The California Court Company said:
LA has the most appreciation because there is no competition south of 405. SG has plenty of competition in PS, OH, Great Park and Northwood Point East.  I would argue LA's amenities actually suck, at least not being a positive. No bathrooms for the passive parks and they are not very accessible.  Freeway noise and pollution is a concern. Lack of on-site elementary school is also not very desirable.

Public restroom is available in the main park in LA.  Plenty of communities only have public restrooms in certain parks.  After all, LA's parks are private, and only 597 households have access to them. 

I spent a lot of time in LA, only heard significant freeway noise in the very last row of Sienna tract. There are also some 133 noise in Toscana tract, but judging from recent listings, ppl are okay with it.  QH and HD also have some level of 133 noise, especially in higher end of QH on the hills. 

Pollution is the fun subject, 0-300 ft seem to be the distance that studies show having greater risk of respiratory illness.  LA's closest point to 405 is greater than 800 ft, LA's center point to 405 is 2500 ft.  I personally would never live within 500 ft of the freeway.

irvinehomeowner said:
@Funkie:

So you don't count the 133 as a freeway?

For the fact there are traffic lights on 133 south of 405.  Prob not considered a freeway.
133 is definitely a freeway north of 405.

Plus, 133 south of 405 probably get less cars than Jamboree or Culver. 

For the passive parks, it is more about convenience. Lack of rest rooms or street parking pretty much prevents LA residents to host their "private" outdoor parties in one of the passive parks..

scarcity definitely makes things more expensive than their fundamental values;
on an interesting note, look up the popular Chinese cultural word ?? and it will help put the craze about LA into better perspective

Funkie said:

Public restroom is available in the main park in LA.  Plenty of communities only have public restrooms in certain parks.  After all, LA's parks are private, and only 597 households have access to them. 

I spent a lot of time in LA, only heard significant freeway noise in the very last row of Sienna tract. There are also some 133 noise in Toscana tract, but judging from recent listings, ppl are okay with it.  QH and HD also have some level of 133 noise, especially in higher end of QH on the hills. 

Pollution is the fun subject, 0-300 ft seem to be the distance that studies show having greater risk of respiratory illness.  LA's closest point to 405 is greater than 800 ft, LA's center point to 405 is 2500 ft.  I personally would never live within 500 ft of the freeway.

From your comments, you must not know a lot about LA.

Plenty of parties have been held at the parks, and parking is available next to all the parks. 

I am sorry you have to be so negative to a community that you don't even live in.

For the passive parks, it is more about convenience. Lack of rest rooms or street parking pretty much prevents LA residents to host their "private" outdoor parties in one of the passive parks..

on an interesting note, look up the popular Chinese cultural word ?? and it will help put the craze about LA into better perspective

Funkie said:

66 Como back on the market for $1.858 million after being sold for $1.75 million last week?  Buyer remorse and trying to cover transaction related costs (7-8%) or a quick Flip?

I think they will lose money on this transaction.

don't worry about my negative comments. ?? from China are making sure your home price will stay high.

Funkie said:
From your comments, you must not know a lot about LA.

Plenty of parties have been held at the parks, and parking is available next to all the parks. 

I am sorry you have to be so negative to a community that you don't even live in.

Funkie said:

thatOSguy said:
it is rational thinking vs. biased opinion from a home owner. 

qwerty said:
Ignorance has never stopped california court from commenting.

Qwerty won't acknowledge the supply issue here. It's OK, I've accepted that along with accepting why people pay crazy premiums for bling bling. $62k for a Land Rover Evoque cute-ute. $600/sf for Laguna Altura tract home. No difference.

In other words (for the non-economists among us), FCB spirits.

FCB Spirits are similar in nature to animal spirits:

Even apart from the instability due to speculation, there is the instability due to the characteristic of human nature that a large proportion of our positive activities depend on spontaneous optimism rather than mathematical expectations, whether moral or hedonistic or economic. Most, probably, of our decisions to do something positive... can only be taken as the result of animal spirits?a spontaneous urge to action rather than inaction, and not as the outcome of a weighted average of quantitative benefits multiplied by quantitative probabilities

The FCB Spirits are strong for Irvine, but strongest for LA.

Keynes was a moron
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-...anism-savings-confiscation-force-spending-now

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRvaxUNDTKY[/youtube]

Who knows - the advertisement in China, good schools, safe neighborhood, great location by freeway, and minutes/walking distance from the beach. (The last part was a stretch) lol

Back