Laguna Altura is HOT!

In MHO, Laguna Altura is one super hyped community that will trigger the bubble burst in Irvine. Just having a gate at community entrance in a safer city like Irvine does not justify a bloated price/sq.ft. If anyone is interested in Laguna Altura, do yourself a favor, just wait for a few months, you will see more listings dropping their prices in LA.

So how is Laguna Altura doing these days?

I spent some time there a few weeks back and while it is nice, like most new Irvine hoods... every home looks the same.

I see what CA Court was saying in this thread about how the pocket parks are out of the way and have no parking or bathrooms.

The middle and left areas feel cramped, but I guess that's why the right side has the expensive homes (and the park with the big pool).

Not sure we would have enjoyed living there... no schools or shopping is walkable.

I think it?s still doing pretty well.  It?s the only Irvine motorcourt home collection around 2,000 sq ft that regularly sell for $1.25M (talking about San Remo).

I think most of the wealthy Laguna Altura residents already packed it up and moved to Hidden Canyon over the past couple years, but the driveway homes in LA (the ones on the right side) are still quite expensive.

I used to think this was the Hidden Jewel of Irvine but it?s kinda showing it?s age and not sure if I?d pick this community at its price point anymore.  Anything on the left side is jam packed with zero street parking most nights.

Oddly enough I think Altair is where a lot of the new home FCB ballers are moving now.  I see a good amount of Lambos and Ferrari?s leaving those gates on a regular basis.  We don?t talk about Altair much, but I presume it?s doing ok (shrug)...

aquabliss said:
Oddly enough I think Altair is where a lot of the new home FCB ballers are moving now.  I see a good amount of Lambos and Ferrari?s leaving those gates on a regular basis.  We don?t talk about Altair much, but I presume it?s doing ok (shrug)...

If they are driving Italian sports cars, from what I've seen, that's not Asian FCBs.

Do FCBs buy at Hidden Canyon's price point? I know several people who own there and none of them are FCBs.

irvinehomeowner said:
aquabliss said:

If they are driving Italian sports cars, from what I've seen, that's not Asian FCBs.

Do FCBs buy at Hidden Canyon's price point? I know several people who own there and none of them are FCBs.

Yes, I had a friend that used to live in HC and I've spent spent a lot of time at the pool.  Lots of FCB in this community...

irvinehomeowner said:
aquabliss said:

Yes, lots of FCBs in HC. My parents live there. At least 5 other Chinese/Taiwanese families we know own homes there. (Some are 2nd homes, not primary residence)

Back