Laguna Altura is HOT!

Man... the wok is hot. Just a year or so ago they had a hard time selling these homes... I guess that's what scarcity does (ask Sheldon about buying an Aquaman statue or a Batman squirt gun).

jamboreedude said:
NEW LISTING AT LAGUNA ALTURA - CORTONA RESIDENCE 3

60 MODENA, Irvine, CA 92618
$1,499,000
HOA Dues: $295/mo.
4 Beds
3.75 Baths
2,951 Sq. Ft.
$508 / Sq. Ft.
Built: 2011
Lot Size: 4,235 Sq. Ft.http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/60-Modena-92618/home/40260185

NP13202026_7_0.jpg

Curtains that don't close all the way can be yours for 1.5 mil.

Tyler Durden said:
I don't think most folks care what ethnicity their neighbors are.  But i do think folks who are interested in having an actual neighborhood are disappointed in folks who won't even talk to you when they live next door.  They come home, might wave to you, and run into the garage quickly and shut the door so they don't have to talk to you. 

So basically you only live next to someone, you don't know them because they don't want to know you.  You do not socialize together, the kids don't play, etc.

What's the point of living in a neighborhood like that?

Personally - if the neighborhood keeps turning over and we get more xenophobic folks moving in, I'd strongly consider leaving too.  I don't want to have my kids grow up in a neighborhood full of socially awkward folks and their kids who learn this weirdness from their folks.

I guess I'm glad I don't live in LA. My 3 year old tells me, "dada, you go talk to the neighbors and I'll keep an eye on my brother (who is 1)"

Tyler Durden said:
I think i might suggest having fraternity style mixers for social events from the HoA each month...

Portola Springs has about 4 community events / year. Honestly I haven't gotten to know my neighbors much that. Mostly I get to know my next door neighbors when the kids play in the alley together. Though now that we'd lived there for a while we've exchanged phone numbers and what not.

We've met a lot of neighbors that don't live next door at the parks. My wife takes the kids there almost every day and I go once or twice a week.

There is one next door neighbor with kids similar aged to mine that never talks to us.

Tyler Durden said:
No contact at all?  That's just weird. 

I will talk to everyone, but i can tell when some of these jokers are clearly avoiding me.  And then number of those folks is greater than the number of "normal" folks in the neighborhood currently.

I think i might suggest having fraternity style mixers for social events from the HoA each month...

Are all your neighbors, from left to right, front and back like that?

bones said:
Been living in my new place now for a few months.  Haven't met any neighbors yet.  I think the people that live across the street from us are white and they're the type that closes the garage door from their car as soon as they pull in.  None of their shutters are ever open... its weird.
You should just walk over and say hello to Tyler. :)

Neighbors that keep to themselves are WAY better than neighbors that are nosy, want to know all about your business.

I am fine w/ just greeting each other.  If the chemistry is there, exchange phone numbers and so on. 

As for the kids, if the kids are in the same class, you will get to know the parents sooner or later.  You can count on that.

Back