Kids are funny

Ask kid if she wanted tacos for dinner today.  She responded seriously:  "No, it's not Tuesday"  Wife and I got a good chuckle out of that :)

ps9 said:
Ask kid if she wanted tacos for dinner today.  She responded seriously:  "No, it's not Tuesday"  Wife and I got a good chuckle out of that :)

I took my kids to the Spectrum today and one of them saw a sign @ Dave Busters that read "Taco Tuesday." I told him it must be the end of the world. He corrected me and said it was only in the Lego Movie.

I was at a kid's birthday party recently. A bunch of people were sitting outside on the patio. I was sitting and talking with an 11 year old boy's mom when he suddenly comes up, grabs her beer bottle, and casually takes a sip while standing up.

Mom: "Johnny! Give me that bottle! Get your hands off that!!"

Johnny: [Very loudly shouting] "WHAT?!? But, Mom! You always let me drink beer at home!!!!"

Mom: [Flipping her lid] "JOHNNY! SHUT UP!!! How do you know one of these people at this party isn't a COP?! Besides, that isn't even true. I... uh... I only let you taste it a couple times but uh... that isn't really the point... we're not at home... and besides, did I mention people are listening, Johnny!?!! Give me that!"

Oh, man. I just about died laughing. She was sooo flustered. Now, this is not a woman who lets her kid knock one back and get buzzed at home. No, no, not at all. Like many parents (including myself, no condemnation here) she has just let the boy taste it. But the way it played out was just over-the-top ridiculous & hilarious. Haha!!!  :D

At dinner time, trying to make my little boy eat something healthy which he hates to do. He barely touched his dinner...

Him: "I'm FULL. I can't eat this."

Me: (Trying to trick him) "Alright. Since you are full, I guess you don't have to eat your salmon and vegetables. How about some dessert? I bought ice cream."

Him: "YES!"

Me: "Hey! I thought you were 'full'!!"

Him: "I have a second stomach-chamber just for ice cream."

::)

Me: "Guess what... on Saturday, we are going to Disneyland and California Adventure and eating at Club 33 again!"

Son 1: "Nooooooo!!!"

Son 2: "Ugh! Do we have to? I want to stay home."

???  Our family is not big fans of Disney in general but I still thought they would be happy about going to the parks at the least and maybe the restaurant. I've never met a kid who was bummed about going to the park.  ::)

SoCal said:
Me: "Guess what... on Saturday, we are going to Disneyland and California Adventure and eating at Club 33 again!"

Son 1: "Nooooooo!!!"

Son 2: "Ugh! Do we have to? I want to stay home."

???  Our family is not big fans of Disney in general but I still thought they would be happy about going to the parks at the least and maybe the restaurant. I've never met a kid who was bummed about going to the park.  ::)

They prob don't want to get measles.

Mom: honey, the doctor will need to take an x-ray for you.

Kid: what is an x-ray, mommy?

Mom: oh, it's just a photo of your lung.

Kid: do I have to smile?

"Who is Michael Jackson?"

:eek:

In the last 24 hours, I've also heard: "MOM. This isn't the olden days... it's not the 1980s!"

???

sentosa said:
Mom: honey, the doctor will need to take an x-ray for you.

Kid: what is an x-ray, mommy?

Mom: oh, it's just a photo of your lung.

Kid: do I have to smile?

That's cute! I used to take dental x-rays of children. When I'd put the film in their mouth and angle the cone to "take the picture of their teeth", some of them would automatically say, "Cheese!"  :)

SoCal said:

A travesty.

My kids know who Michael Jackson is... and whenever a song on the radio has a guy singing who sounds like a girl, they always ask:

"Is this Michael Jackson?"

:)

irvinehomeowner said:
SoCal said:

A travesty.

My kids know who Michael Jackson is... and whenever a song on the radio has a guy singing who sounds like a girl, they always ask:

"Is this Michael Jackson?"

:)

That's funny.  :)

I'd have to agree, it is a travesty of sorts. It was a shocker. We hardly listen to the radio in the car, especially because the reception is poor here in the hills, so I guess they don't really hear M.J. I almost always play Praise & Worship cd's in the car & at home. They know every Chris Tomlin, Jesus Culture / Kim Walker-Smith, Natalie Grant, Hillsong United track, etc. I am very happy with how this valuable & fleeting time together is being spent.

My little boy had to get 2 teeth extracted on Friday. (Ouch!) We administered nitrous oxide i.e. laughing gas. Now, at dinner time he asks for "the gas" to help him when I ask him to eat his peas, carrots, broccoli, etc...

irvinehomeowner said:
"the gas" means something very different in the IHO household.

Meh. I believe it. Nothing scares me. I live with all guys. Unless you've lit one on fire with a candle lighter, like one of the aforementioned has, I'm not impressed.

that's future white Junkie right there. good job socal

SoCal said:
My little boy had to get 2 teeth extracted on Friday. (Ouch!) We administered nitrous oxide i.e. laughing gas. Now, at dinner time he asks for "the gas" to help him when I ask him to eat his peas, carrots, broccoli, etc...

Back