Kids are funny

Tyler Durden said:
ps9 said:
SoCal said:
SoCal said:
ps9 said:
I broke up with my gardener by text... It was easy :)

Text? TEXT?!? TEXT!??! He gave you the best months of his life and you break up with him by text.  :'(

:p

I just broke up with my gardener by text right now. Thanks for the idea, PS9!  :D

socially awkward situation + texting = not as awkward situation

add some sad emoticons  :( :( :( and your golden

PS9,

why not man up and tell him to his face that you are done? 

Asians dont like confrontation.

Tyler Durden said:
ps9 said:
SoCal said:
SoCal said:
ps9 said:
I broke up with my gardener by text... It was easy :)

Text? TEXT?!? TEXT!??! He gave you the best months of his life and you break up with him by text.  :'(

:p

I just broke up with my gardener by text right now. Thanks for the idea, PS9!  :D

socially awkward situation + texting = not as awkward situation

add some sad emoticons  :( :( :( and your golden

PS9,

why not man up and tell him to his face that you are done? 

The problem was I never SEE him... I called and got VM.  So text is the clearest way to break up.  Besides, didn't want to piss off my Asian gardener.. remember our last 3 wars prior to the Middle east? Viet, Korea, Japan. 

It's also a useful way when there's a language barrier. That's why I took your advice, PS9. My gardeners and I didn't speak the same languages. I thought this way they could simply copy & paste the "you're fired, have a nice day" text message into Google Translate to be sure they understood.

It highly varies by organization.  Some places simply don't fire people, they just garden view them. Even for those that do, until you're at a high enough level (corporate officer), you simply don't have the leeway of firing anyone without a six month process involving HR.

I've been soliciting help with planning my Thanksgiving menu.

Me to my boys: "I present you with the following choices. Please pick one from each category that you'd like me to make:

Roasted Turkey with...

Starch: "Ol' No. 7 Yams" (i.e. sweet potatoes with a Jack Daniels glaze) OR Mashed potatoes & gravy OR
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes

Veggie: Garlic-butter corn on the cob OR Green Bean casserole OR Broccoli Cheese /
Broc Rice Casserole

Bread: Stuffing or Rolls. If Rolls - what kind?: Rosemary yeast rolls in a cast
iron skillet, Hawaiian rolls, crescent rolls, Pineapple Upside Down
Buttermilk Biscuits, Cornbread, or other?

Fruit / dessert: Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake OR Autumn Apple
Cheesecake OR Apple Dumplings a'la Mode or Pecan Tartlets or Other, etc..

Appetizer: yes or no. If yes: Tomato Canap?s in puff pastry shells or Brown
Sugar Brie with apricot topping & crackers... or other?

My little boy says: "Can we just have a Turkey Lunchable?"

12945442_201307221336.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:

My three year old backseat drives.

Last night in traffic he told me to drive over the slow cars in front of us.

Our nanny told us he was yelling "No, no, red light. no go on red" when she made a right turn on red the other day.

nosuchreality said:
My three year old backseat drives.

Last night in traffic he told me to drive over the slow cars in front of us.

Our nanny told us he was yelling "No, no, red light. no go on red" when she made a right turn on red the other day.

I asked my three year old if I should go faster when we were waiting in line to get in a parking lot. He says, "no daddy, if you go too fast you'll crash into the other cars. You have to go slow."

LOL!

I volunteered in kid's school last week, and bonded a bit with kids during the field trip. This new buddy of mine, all of seven wanted to know more about me, and volunteered all personal information about himself. He asked, how many siblings do you have. I said none. He makes this face.. and asks, I hope they at least bought you cats and dogs.. I said no. His expression gets weirder and asks .. no birds either? or turtles? or hamsters? I said nothing at all.

After spending a moment in deep thoughts, he told me to stop visiting my parents for Christmas because they are very mean people :p

OK, message delivered to parents..

2BE708A9-2B1B-4473-A662-0420365E2C05_zpsx5aduxhk.jpg

Looking through our kids scribble papers the other day and came across this... She's in a tracing phase where we would write her name, phrases, "mommy", "daddy", etc. as a sample and then she would copy it again in her own writing.  I guess one day she ran out of things to copy and had to resort to the wording on her pen. :)

This was couple years ago but just in case you haven't seen it.

Always check your child's homework before it get turn in.

A first grade girl handed in the drawing below for a homework assignment.

Attachments

• when I grow up.jpg
    when I grow up.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 248
lnc said:
This was couple years ago but just in case you haven't seen it.

Always check your child's homework before it get turn in.

A first grade girl handed in the drawing below for a homework assignment.

Than in the next day, after it was graded and the child brought it home, she returned to school the next day with the following note:

Dear Ms. Davis,
I want to be very clear on my child?s illustration. It is NOT of me on a dance pole on a stage in a strip joint. I work at Home Depot and had commented to my daughter how much money we made in the recent snowstorm. This photo is of me selling a shovel.

http://www.businesspundit.com/always-check-your-childs-homework-before-it-gets-turned-in/

Attachments

• when I grow up.jpg
    when I grow up.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 207
Helping out in my kid's class today, I broke the kids up into reading groups for the story "Jalapeno Bagels". If your class hasn't read the story, it's about the fusion of cultures. The boy in the story, Pablo, has a Mexican mother and a Jewish father. They own a bakery. The make jalapeno bagels which is a symbol of their marriage. Pablo goes on to say the bagel is just like him - half and half...

So, anyway, at the end of the story, one of the questions I would ask each group is if anybody had one side of their family from one culture and the other side from another culture. We defined what the word "international" means. I thought they understood pretty clearly that's country to country, not state to state. One boy was surprised to hear from me that his family is "international". His mom is born and raised in the Phillipines. He thought that was one of our states or territories.  :)

One girl said, "Ooooh! Ooooh! My dad is from Iowa. My mom is from Corona."

I re-explained what "international" meant.

After her, was this boy who said with a straight face: "Ooooh! Oooh! My mom is half Mexican... and my dad is Redneck!"

I died. It was all I could do to keep it together.  :D  ;D

Mexnex! Ha. Maybe the next story will be called "Wonton Parmesan" about a boy whose father is Asian and mother is Italian.  :)

Back