Kids are funny

My kids were playing their 3DS games and one said to the other "Did you pay your mortgage?".

Me and the boss look at each other and then at them and asked them "What?". They explained that in the game "Animal Crossings" you have to pick fruit, fish, trade, etc to earn money so you can pay the mortgage off for the house you built. So funny.

SoCal said:
ps9 said:
Firing someone on a Monday?  That's cold hearted... Should at least wait for Friday :)

I have my reasons -- They work Fridays... or Saturdays (that's part of the problem. They don't keep a consistent schedule). I could wait until they show up Friday and then jump out of the bushes and say, "Surprise, you're fired!", making it a wasted trip, but I thought that would be kind of terrible.  :p I gotta wait 'til a non-work day but still need my lawn done this week. Soonest is Monday.

I broke up with my gardener by text... It was easy :)

Cubic Zirconia said:
SoCal, I so want to see you fire the guy ..I can't imagine you do it! will you bake him two cakes- one to say you are fired, and one to say sorry, I had to do this? :)

OMG, CZ!!! This made me laugh so hard that my husband thought there was something wrong with me! That was a good one!  :D You know me too well. That is definitely how I would feel about it but would try to resist the urge.

ps9 said:

Text? TEXT?!? TEXT!??! He gave you the best months of his life and you break up with him by text.  :'(

:p

My problem is these people know where we live so let's stay on good terms. Off to frost 2 cakes...

So, I am talking to my neighbor's toddler girl..
"I had a big lollipop"
"Did you eat it for breakfast?"
"I didn't have breakfast, I had a big lollipop. Only lollipop, no breakfast" and she told me that three times. She was very offended that I asked about breakfast :p

Driving home from Souplantation last night, our toddler asked for the DVD, we pulled the screen down and turned it on. He interrupts, no, I want BIG dvd, holding his arms out as wide as he can...

SoCal said:
ps9 said:

Text? TEXT?!? TEXT!??! He gave you the best months of his life and you break up with him by text.  :'(

I just broke up with my gardener by text right now. Thanks for the idea, PS9!  :D

SoCal said:
SoCal said:
ps9 said:

I just broke up with my gardener by text right now. Thanks for the idea, PS9!  :D

socially awkward situation + texting = not as awkward situation

add some sad emoticons  :( :( :( and your golden

Age and genes are showing their combined power on my crowning glory. Silver linings. Plenty. So, the question of the year was to color, or not to color. I am happily married, my kids are all grown, and I am in a happy spot in my career where my looks don't matter. But yesterday went to Whole Foods to look at some organic and natural hair colors (oh yeah, other than birth control everything has to have that seal of hippie approval!). I looked at brown. Kid picked up a blonde box and said "Here, you can be like a Barbie doll". Oh no, brown skinned blonde- spare Orange County of the misery! "Here, red- it will look so lively, like a Princess" Oh no darling, I don't want to audition for Psy's new video... She asks "Why are you coloring to be the same old you?".

Right. Good question for the zillion dollar industry around the world busy helping humans freeze themselves in time..

Me: "Who did you sit next to on the bus today for the field trip?"

Him: "My best friend."

Me: "What's his name?"

Him: "I dunno."

Maybe my kid wasn't funny but my twisted mind saw the Irvine humor in it.  I was looking over one of my kid's homework.  The question said about how far is 3 meters (a little less than 10 ft.).  My kid wrote down something like "the distance to the neighbor's house".  I was going to correct it by telling my kid there's more than 3 meters from our house to our neighbors'.  But then I thought, maybe she was thinking about new IP homes in general so I let it go.  Maybe was a tad generous there.

SoCal, whoever sits next to him will be his best friend- lucky other kid :)
Irvinehusky- Did you take her on the "million dollar detached condos" tour?

216394_510476095673433_1232639782_n.jpg

apparently that's what I do for fun. I checked other mother's books.. they do Zumba, they watch TV, they check facebook.. The book is filled with revelations about me. In case you didn't know, she appreciates that I do laundry. The joys of motherhood!

This is my little son:

A) He bangs on my bathroom door while I'm in the shower, wailing like there's been a horrendous emergency requiring urgent attention, crying for help so hard he can barely speak and his lips are turning a lovely shade of purple, causing me to run out of the shower soaking wet and with hair full of shampoo.... only to find out the "emergency" is that he accidentally sprayed his bathroom walls and ceiling with water from his out of control WaterPik Flosser.

... but ...

B) He peed on the wall, didn't tell a soul, and acted like it never happened.

Boyz!

A while back, my little boy asked me why somebody put a bouquet of yellow flowers on the ground by the side of the road. (There was also a wooden cross and a card near it.) I explained to him it was put there by the friends or family of someone who died in that spot to remember that person... they were probably hit by a car.

So, the other day we were in the car driving into an office complex at City Hall and he's like, " :eek: Somebody died over here! Or a lot of people!!"

I whipped my head around -- "What??!! Where?!"

I saw gardeners planting tens, if not hundreds, of fresh new flowers in the median divider at the decorative entrance.  :)

Kids just tell it like it is, ya know?

My little boy just told me this morning, totally out of the blue:

"Mommy, you need to spend more time in the 'outside world'. You're too white."

??? Ok, thanks.

My 3yr old son this morning:

"I think my new toy is in momma dadda's bed."

Me: "Maybe I was cuddling with it last night."

"No. You cuddle with momma. She's your favorite."

Back