Isis, Ukraine, Ebola, Ferguson... is it WWZ time?

lnc said:
Centres for Disease Control and Prevention claims Ebola typically lives on a ?dry? surface for hours - including doorknobs and tables

this is what i said, and Socal and Paris thought i was over reacting.

qwerty said:
lnc said:
Centres for Disease Control and Prevention claims Ebola typically lives on a ?dry? surface for hours - including doorknobs and tables

this is what i said, and Socal and Paris thought i was over reacting.

This maybe somewhat true but the important question is, " is it communicable via this route?" And the answer is no, it is highly unlikely. The virus spreads with direct contact of bodily fluids that have a very high virulence concentration.

Again if it was contractable so easily such as with touching a surface where there is some Ebola remains on a door knob the mortality rate of Ebola (which for this specific strain out break is 65-90% which is VERY high) would be far greater than 5000 for an outbreak active since mar 2014 in an area where the public health system and healthcare conditions are very poor.

Your likelihood of death from the flu virus is much more likely than from contracting Ebola so go out and get that flu shot :)

i think it is communicable from a door knob. you touch the door knob then you pick your nose?

you need to compare apple to apples (not odds of death vs odds of contracting).  odds of dying from the flu are 1 in 345,100. odds of dying from ebola are around 50-70% (although that # seems to be high based on US treatment, but the sample is way too small).
http://www.news-medical.net/news/20...odds-associated-with-the-influenza-virus.aspx

and i did get my flu shot :)

i wasnt a flu shot believer until my daughter arrived.

qwerty said:
i think it is communicable from a door knob. you touch the door knob then you pick your nose?

you need to compare apple to apples (not odds of death vs odds of contracting).  odds of dying from the flu are 1 in 345,100. odds of dying from ebola are around 50-70% (although that # seems to be high based on US treatment, but the sample is way too small).
http://www.news-medical.net/news/20...odds-associated-with-the-influenza-virus.aspx

Find one person that got it from touching a door knob? What about all the people on those flights traveling with the nurse? Any of them get it - no. Only persons with direct contact if bodily fluids have contracted it. All the family members that lived in that tiny apartment with Duncan for 2 weeks - despite him being highly contagious during the latter part - they were all cleared on 10/20. They used the same bathroom as him, ate in the same kitchen - if it was so contagious via surfaces TRUST me one of them would have gotten it.

The nurses, the physicians that got it so far had proven direct contact with bodily fluids. Ask any infectious disease expert - I befriend many of them who agree with me.

Btw glad you got a flu shot. My husband almost died from the flu last year (well he thought he was dying - guys can be so weak when they're sick. ;) I think he contracted H1N1

You bet he was the 1st in line this year for his shot lol!

Paris said:
qwerty said:

Find one person that got it from touching a door knob? What about all the people on those flights traveling with the nurse? Any of them get it - no. Only persons with direct contact if bodily fluids have contracted it. All the family members that lived in that tiny apartment with Duncan for 2 weeks - despite him being highly contagious during the latter part - they were all cleared on 10/20. They used the same bathroom as him, ate in the same kitchen - if it was so contagious via surfaces TRUST me one of them would have gotten it.

The nurses, the physicians that got it so far had proven direct contact with bodily fluids. Ask any infectious disease expert - I befriend many of them who agree with me.

#itsscary

Paris said:
Find one person that got it from touching a door knob? What about all the people on those flights traveling with the nurse? Any of them get it - no.

im just saying it is possible, you cant say with a 100% certainty that is not possible. I would agree with you that is harder to get from a door knob but that doesnt mean you cant get infected that way. and the nurse on the airplane wasnt symptomatic, so as the experts would say, no one was at risk.

qwerty said:
Paris said:
Find one person that got it from touching a door knob? What about all the people on those flights traveling with the nurse? Any of them get it - no.

im just saying it is possible, you cant say with a 100% certainty that is not possible. I would agree with you that is harder to get from a door knob but that doesnt mean you cant get infected that way. and the nurse on the airplane wasnt symptomatic, so as the experts would say, no one was at risk.

Then we should all hide in our houses...but even then there is a risk of a meteorite landing on it.

cmon you guys are making it seem like its impossible to get this thing. are you opening a door with ebola laden snot from someone?

xkim-kardashian-vs-ebola.jpg.pagespeed.ic.E-jmcOkKnG.jpg

qwerty said:
Paris said:

She was symptomatic, she had a fever.
I agree nothing is 100% with certainty but every person who has contracted the disease had some kind of direct contact.
Don't worry - I think overall we're pretty safe here in Irvine. Just try not to venture out too far into Santa Ana, LA or even Lake forest  ;D

Paris said:
qwerty said:
Paris said:

I agree nothing is 100% with certainty but every person who has contracted the disease had some kind of direct contact.
Don't worry - I think overall we're pretty safe here in Irvine. Just try not to venture out too far into Santa Ana, LA or even Lake forest  ;D

she had a slightly elevated temperature such that the CDC said it was fine to fly. if she was symptomatic im guessing they would have told her not to fly (i would have told her not to fly, its only elevated cause it was on its way to a fever).

Paris said:

the TCE in columbus square keeps me safe :)

qwerty said:
Paris said:
qwerty said:
Paris said:

she had a slightly elevated temperature such that the CDC said it was fine to fly. if she was symptomatic im guessing they would have told her not to fly (i would have told her not to fly, its only elevated cause it was on its way to a fever).

That was a major mistake on the part of the CDC and they got a lot of questions regarding that judgement call at the house hearing earlier this month. They admitted it was a mistake. They definitely should not have let her get on a plane. Low grade fever = fever = the 1st typical symptoms of Ebola.

Back