Irvine's 5th High School

I don't think it is an issue. 

yaliu07 said:
looks like CV, SG, PP and WB are going to 5th high school along with some affordable house children.  Time to hold on purchasing a home around this area?  Does anyone know when the school will finish building and school district is set?

Tyler Durden said:
test said:
qwerty said:
yaliu07 said:
looks like CV, SG, PP and WB are going to 5th high school along with some affordable house children.  Time to hold on purchasing a home around this area?  Does anyone know when the school will finish building and school district is set?

your poor children are going to have to see what the real world is like in school by having to rub shoulders with the poor kids. i feel terrible for your kids. for having you as a parent.

He just doesn't want them to rub shoulders with thieves.

http://themattwalshblog.com/2013/10/14/ebt-recipients-stole-food-this-weekend-and-every-other-weekend/

They better learn to deal with all types of folks, or they will end up getting abused when they are forced to grow up in the real world.  Not everyone grows up with a silver spoon or FCB suitcases of cash. 

It's not dealing with them it's being influenced by them.  Children are easily influenced by their peers.

test said:
Tyler Durden said:
test said:
qwerty said:
yaliu07 said:

your poor children are going to have to see what the real world is like in school by having to rub shoulders with the poor kids. i feel terrible for your kids. for having you as a parent.

http://themattwalshblog.com/2013/10/14/ebt-recipients-stole-food-this-weekend-and-every-other-weekend/

They better learn to deal with all types of folks, or they will end up getting abused when they are forced to grow up in the real world.  Not everyone grows up with a silver spoon or FCB suitcases of cash. 

It's not dealing with them it's being influenced by them.  Children are easily influenced by their peers.

And there are no bad affluent kids right?

Tyler Durden said:
test said:
Tyler Durden said:
test said:
qwerty said:
yaliu07 said:

If their own parents cannot influence them more than their peers, you have bigger concerns. 

Take your kids to Santa Ana schools then.  That's what I thought.

Tyler Durden said:
test said:
Tyler Durden said:
test said:
qwerty said:
yaliu07 said:

If their own parents cannot influence them more than their peers, you have bigger concerns. 

Their parents stole from their neighbors to pay for their subsidized home.  What kind of influence is that?

Does anyone go to Town hall meeting in Woodbury on Sunday?  How did that meeting go?  I guess that the city has not decided on where to build this high school yet.

lcms2002 said:
Does anyone go to Town hall meeting in Woodbury on Sunday?  How did that meeting go?  I guess that the city has not decided on where to build this high school yet.

Oh there was a Town Hall meeting about this on Sunday?  I would have gone if I knew about it.  I've already called up IUSD and their official answer is that the location have not changed yet.  They didn't mention anything about a Town Hall Meeting.  But I made that call about a month ago.

Tyler Durden said:
test said:
Tyler Durden said:
test said:
Tyler Durden said:
test said:
qwerty said:
yaliu07 said:

Take your kids to Santa Ana schools then.  That's what I thought.

Where do you live, you condescending PoS???  Don't talk $h!t, unless you got a leg to stand on...that's what i thought!

LOL  Someone is butthurt because they live in Santa Ana.  HAHAHAHAHAHA

butthurt_by_jsyas-d4hnvoq.jpg

All the emotions on not being able to post for 4 days results in people needing to blow some steam off.  First world problem drama FTW!

I'm a firm believer in sending kids to an "average" IUSD high school.  Coasting into the top 5% at WHS carries more weight than being an average student at Uni or Northwood.  Also, they develop better social skills when they are not worried about sabotaging each other for four years to compete for the few precious seats at Berkeley.

That being said, we currently have no need for a high school, so from a pure investment standpoint, I'm cool with Site B....Saturate it with GP neighborhoods, CV, and Woodbury, and keep SG and PS at NHS. 

I also like the idea of a North Irvine police station...As big and spread out as Irvine now is, having everything run out of city hall is a bit ridiculous...though they'd probably specialize in DUI checkpoints on Sand Canyon...you know because of all the poor people moving into CV and the GP affordable housing sections....damn poor people and their drug and alcohol problems....

Also provides peace of mind for all the FCBs worried about sending their kids to school with Affordable Housing Hoodlums....err I mean less fortunate kids....you know what I mean

I use to live in Anaheim, and I went to Sunkist Elementary School with the cholos.  It is rated 4 out of 10.  Look how I turned out.  Smarter than all of you.  You can let your child go to a shitty elementary school, and they may still end up at Berkeley. 

Jr. High and High school is when they turn bad....I'd be more concerned about their school at that age, but even then, parents determine how strict they want to be. 

I often think being top 10 in Anaheim High would be better than top 25 at Uni.  I wonder how college admissions look at that.

I imagine University high as a stress filled environment for all involved.  Teachers, Students, parents, etc.  Why would I want this for my child?  It's the #8 school in the country according to Newsweek, and to keep that ranking, everyone is stressed out.  I told this story before, but I would like to say it again.  My friend back in the 90s sold services to students at UNI where a sandbagger would take the SAT for any male student.  He charged $700 in the early 90s.  I wonder how much it costs now.

Back