Irvine's 5th High School

lcms2002 said:
ZeroLot, your link is not news report, rather someone made comments against the expansion.  Unless you may find city or county proceedings to change 2012 decision, the Farm remains what is now. To hold serious offenders, the design of new expansion would be very different.

This is where I hope I'm wrong and you're right.  Although the article does sound very opinionated but it is based on a fact that the County is considering changing its plans.

You're article also mentions that the plans could change based on budget and needs.

Larry Agran in April 2013 tried to ask the city council to reconsider its location based on the recent changes. 

Just what I'm gathering there's been some whim in the system to change the plans.  Expanding the jail to a max security prison has been on the county's agenda since 1994, I remember working the phones during voting season to convert El Toro to a Great Park.  I hope everything remains status quo. 

lcms2002 said:
ZeroLot, your link is not news report, rather someone made comments against the expansion.  Unless you may find city or county proceedings to change 2012 decision, the Farm remains what is now. To hold serious offenders, the design of new expansion would be very different.

At the bottom of the article:
"- Jeff Lalloway is mayor pro tem of Irvine."
http://www.cityofirvine.org/council/

zovall said:
lcms2002 said:

At the bottom of the article:
"- Jeff Lalloway is mayor pro tem of Irvine."
http://www.cityofirvine.org/council/

Yes, I know.  I also know that Jeff Lalloway and Larry Agran are not on the same team and they rarely agree on anything.  However if Jeff Lalloway is saying the same thing as Larry Agran and even willing to submit an article to the OC Register to support what Larry Agran was fighting for, it makes me wonder if there may be some truth in this.  Unless they suddenly decided to become buddies in 2013.

"However, higher-level inmates could be booked into the new jail facility and held at Musick for up to five days before being transferred to the Central Jail or Theo Lacy. Sheriff's officials also acknowledge that they could move medium-security inmates to the renovated Musick in the future should crowding increase at other local jails."http://www.ocregister.com/articles/musick-343850-jail-inmates.html

Anyhow what I'm saying is based on my gut feeling and interpretation of the articles.  I'm not trying to incite a riot, protest, or demonstration over this.  I'm just keeping a watchful eye on this development.  I have a vested interest now because my property value at CV and my kids education are on the line.

All I hope is that 5 years down the road I don't say to myself, "Hey maybe buying that house with the TCE plume might have been the safer choice."

are you people suggesting inmates and section 8 housing residents live in places comparable if not better than new Irvine home buyers, but at no or reduced cost?

Tyler Durden said:
The California Court Company said:
are you people suggesting inmates and section 8 housing residents live in places comparable if not better than new Irvine home buyers, but at no or reduced cost?

What's this "you people" stuff?  ;)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1iV24hL8Rk[/youtube]

Is it just me?  I can't seem to find "O" street in google map.
Anyhow I assume it'll be close to balloon ride and wild river.
I never had that next to my high school.

LOL.  Crony Larry Agran made a back room deal to sell 40 acres to Five Point for 60 million and the council fell for it.  IUSD won't put the high school there and Five Point will end up building more homes there.

Should it be called Jailhouse High or Landfill High?

hs.jpg

test said:
Should it be called Jailhouse High or Landfill High?

If the new HS will be on Site B, then it is almost the same distance to the landfill and jail as Cypress Village.

looks like CV, SG, PP and WB are going to 5th high school along with some affordable house children.  Time to hold on purchasing a home around this area?  Does anyone know when the school will finish building and school district is set?

yaliu07 said:
looks like CV, SG, PP and WB are going to 5th high school along with some affordable house children.  Time to hold on purchasing a home around this area?  Does anyone know when the school will finish building and school district is set?

your poor children are going to have to see what the real world is like in school by having to rub shoulders with the poor kids. i feel terrible for your kids. for having you as a parent.

qwerty said:
yaliu07 said:

your poor children are going to have to see what the real world is like in school by having to rub shoulders with the poor kids. i feel terrible for your kids. for having you as a parent.

He just doesn't want them to rub shoulders with thieves.
http://themattwalshblog.com/2013/10...le-food-this-weekend-and-every-other-weekend/

qwerty said:
yaliu07 said:

Your statement is very offending..  There is nothing wrong with parents want the best for their kids.

yaliu07 said:
qwerty said:
yaliu07 said:

Your statement is very offending..  There is nothing wrong with parents want the best for their kids.

what is each class size? 30-35 kids? what would be the low income amount of kids in each class, perhaps 10%? so that is 3-4 kids?  does it matter if its 31 affluent kids and 4 poor kids in a class vs all 35 kids being affluent? what if those 4 kids are smarter than most of the affluent kids? or just as smart? what if they befriend one of those kids and learn how the other half lives? is that a bad thing?  every other irvine school already has these lower income kids and the schools still perform fine. your too ignorant to even realize that you cant escape the "problem".

The real question is:  If Site B is chosen, will kids get to ride on the big, orange balloon for free?

Call this the Great Balloondoggle Part II?

~$200M later for the Great Park and counting... at least we have the orange balloon.  Now we'll be needing ~$260M for one building, the 5th high school.  You could likely buy an entire online education company for $260M, serving probably millions of kids, not just ~2,000 in the one building.  Also add $100M for the proposed new Great Park police station = ~$360M for two buildings.  Not even counting the hundreds of millions more likely needed for the rest of the Park.

Site B is likely better for the Great Park folks as, by "shared use" facilities, it links something that has public appeal (a new school) and urgency (must get new school done fast) to the other Great Park projects.  So, perhaps we can see one potential motivation behind Site B. 

Site B may very well be a better location, but hard to sift through the politics and the Great Park funding history.

Back