Internet Camera

I did some digging of my own since my confrontation with her. I received a tip with a first and last name. A local resident says she is the wife of a handyman. This man did work on the woman's house and she swears it is her. I passed that information on to the Irvine P.D. They're going to look it up. Man, that would suck. Think carefully before you invite someone into your home. Imagine the kind of trouble this couple could get into if he has access to residences and she has sticky fingers. Ugh.

So what's everyone's backup when the powers out due to blackout/short/burglar shutting off power at panel?

I have a lock on my panel outside, and my Arlos are battery so as long as the router/cable is live, I should not have a problem.  Getting some simple APC battery backups for my router.  At least that buys some time for me to call the cops if some high tech burglar cuts the juice to the house.  But if he hacks my router.....

You better have some easy to move/untraceable merchandise for someone to go through that much trouble to burgle your home.

You don't live in qwerTustin, you needn't worry so much.

ps9 said:
So what's everyone's backup when the powers out due to blackout/short/burglar shutting off power at panel?

I have a lock on my panel outside, and my Arlos are battery so as long as the router/cable is live, I should not have a problem.  Getting some simple APC battery backups for my router.  At least that buys some time for me to call the cops if some high tech burglar cuts the juice to the house.  But if he hacks my router.....

The short answer is: We don't care.

I don't think anybody would take that great of an interest in masterminding an elaborate break-in at my home. Even if they did, they won't find our greatest valuables inside. We do have a padlock on our fuse box. It's possible a burglar could unscrew the cover/access panels to the cable and phones lines. If those are snipped, you have no internet. That's something that could be done to defeat the security cameras... UNLESS you have a security camera watching you! Gotchya. At least part of the video would get uploaded before they have a chance to cut it.

Happiness said:

Sorry, I didn't see this 'til now.

I just watched the video. Good eye, Happiness. There are many similarities to our thief! The hair, the build, even the wardrobe. But once I saw her face, I was pretty confident that's a different thief from ours. Ours appeared to be ravaged by drugs. She had a more hallowed face and was frail.. I'm not sure mine would have even been capable of running while that chick can sprint. But thanks for looking out! If you see any other news clips, feel free to share.

So anyone got new cams?  Care to share?  My PRC Yi camera from Amazon works pretty well, Arlos are still outside, the battery changes are annoying and expensive.  Dropcam has a new outdoor model no? 

For those using Arlos and need a decent rechargeable cr123a:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CHX06YC

Tried it out, so far so good.  These aren't cheap, about $6 each vs. $1.50 each for the Streamlights single use cr123a.  I would use the rechargeables for high traffice areas where the Arlos are triggered frequently.  Break even is at the 5th/6th recharge cycle, and manufacturer claims 500 cycles... will see.

Quality seems decent, local seller I believe, got them in 1 day even though they were 2 day guaranteed with Prime.  The dual charger was on sale last week for $10.  Charger didn't heat up during use and was pretty quick as well, want to say maybe 30 min max.  Great reviews on Amazon so far, but it got a F fakespot rating.  At least its higher rated than other rechargeables also with bad fakespot ratings. 

Anybody have the skybell video doorbell?

Skybell gives a week's worth of online storage for free. Ring charges $3 a month.

Back