Hidden Canyon in Irvine

Does anyone know if we can ask builder not to install standard knobs on cabinets throughout the house? 
It seems design center charges a lot for upgraded pulls. I'd rather do it after closing but hope the builder wouldn't leave any hole. 
Any input would be appreciated!

snowball said:
Does anyone know if we can ask builder not to install standard knobs on cabinets throughout the house? 
It seems design center charges a lot for upgraded pulls. I'd rather do it after closing but hope they wouldn't leave any hole though.

Talk to the construction supervisor.  I think you can give them the knobs and they can use it instead of the standard knob (also save you time installing yourself) -- the supervisor should be okay with this as it doesn't really add extra work for them.   

GH said:
snowball said:
It seems design center charges a lot for upgraded pulls. I'd rather do it after closing but hope they wouldn't leave any hole though.

Talk to the construction supervisor.  I think you can give them the knobs and they can use it instead of the standard knob (also save you time installing yourself) -- the supervisor should be okay with this as it doesn't really add extra work for them. 

How can I get in touch with the construction supervisor? Is there a way to contact him directly?

happios said:
Does anyone know if Cox's gigablast is available in HC?

I doubt it.  I'm in Lake Forest about 2 miles from HC and Cox told me it's not available and didn't have an ETA as to when it would be.

no offense to snowball but its kind of funny to see someone buying a $2M-$3M house and then complain about the price of the knobs.

snowball said:
GH said:
snowball said:

How can I get in touch with the construction supervisor? Is there a way to contact him directly?

Should be introduced to you at the start of construction as he will be your main contact during the construction.  In our case (not Toll Brothers), our supervisor was very accomodating and he granted most of our last minute change request that design center would probably not allow as long as it is feasible.

qwerty said:
no offense to snowball but its kind of funny to see someone buying a $2M-$3M house and then complain about the price of the knobs.

I knew someone will leave a comment. Even if you can afford $3M, it doesn't mean that you are ready to be ripped off.

GH said:
snowball said:
GH said:
snowball said:

Should be introduced to you at the start of construction as he will be your main contact during the construction.  In our case (not Toll Brothers), our supervisor was very accomodating and he granted most of our last minute change request that design center would probably not allow as long as it is feasible.

Thanks for your info. I will ask sales.

snowball said:
qwerty said:

I knew someone will leave a comment. Even if you can afford $3M, it doesn't mean that you are ready to be ripped off.

too late, you already got ripped off.

qwerty said:
snowball said:
qwerty said:

;D

WTTCHMN said:
qwerty said:
snowball said:
qwerty said:

;D

I can clearly see Snowball is trying to save money, not to waste.
There is a big difference between them, one of the key factors to be successful.

Laniakea said:
WTTCHMN said:
qwerty said:
snowball said:
qwerty said:

;D

There is a big difference between them, one of the key factors to be successful.

how successful does one have to be to realize they are buying at the peak/an overpriced home?

not when the stock market is near all time highs; not a bad strategy to cash out and buy yourself a multi million dollar home in South Irvine.

qwerty said:
Laniakea said:
WTTCHMN said:
qwerty said:
snowball said:
qwerty said:

;D

how successful does one have to be to realize they are buying at the peak/an overpriced home?

Laniakea said:
WTTCHMN said:
qwerty said:
snowball said:
qwerty said:

;D

If Snowball likes to save money, he made the right choice to live at Hidden Canyon.  Hidden Canyon is only one short freeway exit away from the 99 Cents Only Store at El Toro Road.  Why pay $5.99 for a box of strawberries at the supermarket when you can get the same thing for 99 cents?

Laniakea said:
WTTCHMN said:
qwerty said:
snowball said:
qwerty said:

;D

you and snowball probably shop at whole foods and dont view it as wasting money right?

qwerty said:
.. to realize they are buying at the peak/an overpriced home?

Since I am still waiting for the right house within my price range I sure hope you are right on the peak.  To strengthen that argument, looks like an Amelia and a Trevi just hit the Redfin.  I think that is the first for both. 

snowball said:
qwerty said:

I find it interesting how cabinet knobs and upgrading kitchen cabinets are a big deal.

Back