Hidden Canyon in Irvine

eyephone said:
aquabliss said:

Looks pricey. The amount you spend on that modern backyard you probably won't get dollar for dollar in return.

They are pricey.  If I remember correctly, those tiles are close to $20 per sq.ft. just for the tile alone.

If one uses these tile in their sub-one million dollar home, and yes, they will not get dollar to dollar return when thy sell. 

However if one uses these in HC, I'm pretty sure they will get their money back.

lnc said:
eyephone said:
aquabliss said:

Looks pricey. The amount you spend on that modern backyard you probably won't get dollar for dollar in return.

They are pricey.  If I remember correctly, those tiles are close to $20 per sq.ft. just for the tile alone.

If one uses these tile in their sub-one million dollar home, and yes, they will not get dollar to dollar return when thy sell. 

However if one uses these in HC, I'm pretty sure they will get their money back.

I'm just saying, because I noticed some HC buyers are making a big deal upgrading their kitchen cabinets. (The kitchen is where you want to spend money on upgrades)

happios said:
I think there's a diagram in the owners handbook that shows mailbox locations.
I was curious about mailbox location as well. It seems each house won't have its mailbox in front of the house anymore in Irvine's new community. What's owners handbook?

ocdad said:
Does anybody know where the mailbox is located at?  I was told it is not in front of the house ??

USPS now requires all mailboxes to be groups together.  New developments no longer have individual mailboxes in front of their houses.

gasman said:
ocdad said:
Does anybody know where the mailbox is located at?  I was told it is not in front of the house ??

USPS now requires all mailboxes to be groups together.  New developments no longer have individual mailboxes in front of their houses.

Along these same lines, what about UPS and FedEx deliveries?  Will they be able to get inside to make deliveries, or will packages have to be dropped off at the guard and picked up by the homeowner?

irvine99 said:
I was told there would not be a bank of mailboxes like at Baker Ranch.
Federal rules require bank of mailboxes for all new developments.  Maybe someone's pockets got lined to change this or there is actually some discretion applied? 

Evo said:
Along these same lines, what about UPS and FedEx deliveries?  Will they be able to get inside to make deliveries, or will packages have to be dropped off at the guard and picked up by the homeowner?

They usually have access into gated communities.

irvine99 said:
I was told there would not be a bank of mailboxes like at Baker Ranch.

I don't know what the "bank of mailboxes" at Baker Ranch looks like. At my old community in Riverside, it was basically one bank per street (maybe a 12-24 or so mailboxes grouped together).

Here in Lambert Ranch, it's anywhere from 2-4 mailboxes per cluster. Very reasonable.

My development's gated in NB and its groups of four mailboxes together. FedEx, UPS, Amazon, etc. can enter through gates without you needed to call to let them through.

Evo said:
gasman said:
ocdad said:

At Orchard Hills, I have seen this super mailboxes installed right in front of someone's front yard. What's your opinion on the location of this bulky mailboxes very close to your front yard?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 194
Laniakea said:
Evo said:
gasman said:
ocdad said:

At Orchard Hills, I have seen this super mailboxes installed right in front of someone's front yard. What's your opinion on the location of this bulky mailboxes very close to your front yard?

Lol...looks super big from that angle.

Laniakea said:
Evo said:
gasman said:
ocdad said:

Those are the actual mailboxes in Orchard Hills or is that pix from somewhere else? I've seen nicer looking boxes in other areas of Irvine.

For me, I would prefer the boxes be right in front of my yard since I am always adding more mail throughout the day and try and catch the mailman for my last minute items but for probably everyone else I'm sure they wouldn't be happy to see it right in front of their own yard.

Aren't utility and mail boxes disclosed on your site plan before you purchase the property?

Ready2Downsize said:
Laniakea said:
Evo said:
gasman said:
ocdad said:

Those are the actual mailboxes in Orchard Hills or is that pix from somewhere else? I've seen nicer looking boxes in other areas of Irvine.

For me, I would prefer the boxes be right in front of my yard since I am always adding more mail throughout the day and try and catch the mailman for my last minute items but for probably everyone else I'm sure they wouldn't be happy to see it right in front of their own yard.

Aren't utility and mail boxes disclosed on your site plan before you purchase the property?

Ohh no. I was just exampling it. The mailboxes in the pic is from somewhere else. Sorry for the confusion.

Laniakea said:

The placement is only temporary because the permanent mailbox location is not accessible yet and it is fence off due to construction.  They will relocate the mailboxes to their permanent location once the construction activity in that location is completed. 

Back