Hidden Canyon in Irvine

or is that a 500 sq ft apartment?  OC_curtain, with your logic, since I can't prove that you just bought a 5000 sq ft house I'm going to assume you added an extra 0.  Now is that hilarious to you?

Drove by HC this morning.. lots of people trying to get in early but the guard wouldn't let them through.  Only 15 more minutes until the grand opening!  :)

Attachments

• WP_20150411_10_10_16_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150411_10_10_16_Pro.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 289
Caitlin said:
Drove by HC this morning.. lots of people trying to get in early but the guard wouldn't let them through.  Only 15 more minutes until the grand opening!  :)

Caitlin are you actually going? It's going to be a madhouse! I'm definitely avoiding.

If anyone is going today, do you mind posting the pricing of all the lots? I saw they released a lot more last week and I think only pricing for phase 3a have been posted on this thread thus far. If you guys get prices for the rest of phase 3, that would be much appreciated!

Grayston said:
Caitlin said:

Caitlin are you actually going? It's going to be a madhouse! I'm definitely avoiding.

If anyone is going today, do you mind posting the pricing of all the lots? I saw they released a lot more last week and I think only pricing for phase 3a have been posted on this thread thus far. If you guys get prices for the rest of phase 3, that would be much appreciated!

Hi, Grayston,

I'm going Sunday morning... probably right when HC opens.  If someone hasn't posted new pricing by then I will certainly share.

Caitlin said:
Grayston said:
Caitlin said:

Hi, Grayston,

I'm going Sunday morning... probably right when HC opens.  If someone hasn't posted new pricing by then I will certainly share.

J hsu and orange curtain, I guess you should go Sunday also.

i went there today at 11am. there were a lot of cars, but plenty of parking. it didn't seem crowded. there were people, but it wasn't as crazy as the orchard hills grand opening. the houses were really impressive though. reminds me of la vita.

Considering all the hype, the grand opening was a big disappointment.  The highlight was the shuttle - no line!  Carrot cake was dry, and I was afraid to eat the cream puffs and eclairs since they were sitting in the hot sun.  The balloon guys were cool though.

As for the models, they were blinged out in typical Toll Bros. fashion.  For 5,000 sq ft, however, they seemed so small.  The floorplans are choppy and the numerous hallways, corners, and large staircases eat up a significant amount of square footage, which only magnifies the fact that the secondary bedrooms are tiny, as others have mentioned.  If you imagine closing off the California rooms, the boxy floorplans become even more awkward, as the California rooms jut into your indoor space.  The front, rear, and side setbacks are also small, considering the size of the homes.  I expected much bigger backyards with better views.  The views are nothing to write home about, and some lots have no view whatsoever.

My favorite feature, though, was the Harry Potter jail cell under the stairs - the perfect place for a naughty kid!

Stopped by at around 1:30 today, not that crowded, plenty of parking.  I just wanted to get my free grub on and get some eye candy and check out how many FCBs would show up.  Don't be afraid of crowds, just go and mix with the 1%ers and lookie-loos.  8)
Oh yeah, and they had a guy playing the piano in one model, and a guy on the guitar in another.  No harp player, yet. ;D

I was there today in the afternoon.  Very Good crowd.  Good Diversity in the crowd with a equal mix of both White and Asian folks.  I was the only person taking a shuttle up from Marbella to Capri.  Most people were walking instead of taking the shuttle.  Ice latte and cappuccino were pretty good. 

Overall, based on the hype, the houses were slightly underwhelming and it looked small for an approximately 5,000 sqft house.

Landscaping and all the pools and water work around the houses were the best features.  Views were pretty good especially when you enter the front door and upstairs balcony.  I probably prefer La Vita plan 4 over the Capri models, but definitely Hidden Canyon will appreciate faster then Orchard Hills in the long-run as it is south of 405 and near the ocean.

Went by HC around 12 today. Was super packed! Prices for Marbella phase 4 are at the same prices as seen during broker's opening.  The kids had a blast with the face painting and amazing balloon artist (the best I have ever seen).

Hubby and I walked over to HC around 4:30 p.m. today.  Surprisingly, there weren't that many people there.  We only visited the Capri collection today.  Updated price sheet attached.

Sales associate at Capri said they sold all but one of the remaining homes on Jade Vine to cash buyers today.  Capri will be releasing homes on Whiteplume next.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 306
Went to the grand opening today. The homes we overall pretty impressive, mostly because of the upgrades and the landscaping (did you see the glass jacuzzi???) My favorite in the entire community would have to be Capri plan 2. But I would have to agree with Goriot, the homes in the Marbella collection were definitely underwhelming, considering the square-footage. They were nice homes, nonetheless. I found it strange that the Retreat was not built yet. I had expected it to be built at the grand opening of HC, like the Resort was at the grand opening of OH.

Also, I have to get this off my chest: I am--and have been for quite a while--very unimpressed with the location of this community. They keep advertising it as a "costal-canyon community" so that it distracts potential homebuyers from the fact that the community is right off an ugly freeway bordered with ugly (and huge) electric poles. Imagine inviting your loved ones over: "I just bought a $3 million house!! Just take the 133, stay on the 133, and make a left on the 133 when you pass the 48th electric pole." It's a shame, more than anything, because you can tell the community is really going to be beautiful (at least inside the gates).

After visiting the models today, I must say all the project fell well below the hype on this thread.

The notion that HC has built in immediate appreciation potential because it is much less pricey that other south of 405 villages like Turtle Ridge is absurd.  HC is no Turtle Ridge.  Turtle Ridge has schools, retail, parks, and other amenities.  HC residents have to drive all the way to Quail Hill for schools and retail or wait to share the upcoming Whole Foods with the tens of thousands of apartment dwellers at the vast Los Olivos apartment projects.  The "Retreat" at HC has fewer features than the parks at Woodbury, PS, or PP. 

7.5 miles from Laguna Beach?  Try .5 miles from Leisure World and 3 miles from Foothill Ranch.

Drive out of OH and enjoy the permanent avocado orchards.  Drive out of HC and enjoy the industrial/warehouse complexes of the Irvine Spectrum.

The houses themselves are very impressive.  But Marbella Site #179 has a house of 5,005 sq ft on a 7,399 sq ft lot!  A 2,394 yard for a $2.5 mil house?  Doesn't sound very impressive to me.  Most houses in PP have yards twice that size.

HC is not a bargain priced Turtle Ridge.  HC is an expensive priced Baker Ranch with fewer amenities.

Happiness said:
After visiting the models today, I must say all the project fell well below the hype on this thread.

The notion that HC has built in immediate appreciation potential because it is much less pricey that other south of 405 villages like Turtle Ridge is absurd.  HC is no Turtle Ridge.  Turtle Ridge has schools, retail, parks, and other amenities.  HC residents have to drive all the way to Quail Hill for schools and retail or wait to share the upcoming Whole Foods with the tens of thousands of apartment dwellers at the vast Los Olivos apartment projects.  The "Retreat" at HC has fewer features than the parks at Woodbury, PS, or PP. 

7.5 miles from Laguna Beach?  Try .5 miles from Leisure World and 3 miles from Foothill Ranch.

Drive out of OH and enjoy the permanent avocado orchards.  Drive out of HC and enjoy the industrial/warehouse complexes of the Irvine Spectrum.

The houses themselves are very impressive.  But Marbella Site #179 has a house of 5,005 sq ft on a 7,399 sq ft lot!  A 2,394 yard for a $2.5 mil house?  Doesn't sound very impressive to me.  Most houses in PP have yards twice that size.

HC is not a bargain priced Turtle Ridge.  HC is an expensive priced Baker Ranch with fewer amenities.

If you are referring to the retail in newport coast for turtle ridge, residents at newport coast would think they are sharing their fancy retail with tens of thousands of irvine dweller at turtle ridge.

I'd rather go spectrum than picking up avocado :)

Happiness said:

+1.  People bag on Baker Ranch because of the jail, but other than that it's actually a nice community.  The Resort area is nicer than any other I've seen (elaborate kid's water park and clubhouse with demonstration kitchen, including Wolf applicances!).  And I actually thought the backyard pools in Baker Ranch were more impressive than Hidden Canyon since they had outdoor TV's, more fountains, aquarium glass, etc.

The best features of HC were the closets, some the size of entire bedrooms.  The one shower with the backlit stone was also pretty cool.  But overall I found that the floorplans lacked flow with too many hallways leading to small secondary bedrooms.  It made me feel like I was in a maze.  The dining table in between the two staircases was also very awkward.

The bedrooms sizes in both Capri and Marbella were, in my opinion, INCREDIBLY disappointing. The only closet that I was actually impressed with was the huge second master closet in Marbella plan 2, and that was just a converted bedroom and bathroom.

No wonder.  That closet felt like a bedroom turned into a bridal salon.  With such small bedrooms, I couldn't figure out where all the square footage in these homes was going.  Do you know if the California room is included in the total square footage?  Maybe Caitlin, Lanikea, or one of the other TB lurkers can chime in.

Back