Helena at Eastwood

Yes, we are on the waiting list.

they just release phase 5 , homes are selling fast.

Prices in phase 4:

Residence 1 : 656k
Residence 2: 672K
Residence 3: 697k

I am in priority list and waiting for my turn. Looks like every phase they are increasing the price by 4k. And also they cut down on all upgrades they were offering in initial phases. Please advise if Helena is worth at these base prices.

irvine6789 said:
I am in priority list and waiting for my turn. Looks like every phase they are increasing the price by 4k. And also they cut down on all upgrades they were offering in initial phases. Please advise if Helena is worth at these base prices.

You do pay for those upgrades though. I had to pay for 21k of upgrades. So although the base price was 15k lower than it is now, the purchase price was higher as I had to pay for some upgrades I would probably not have done.

Vista scena is selling model 2 (1750 sqft) for 785k. And it includes around 30k upgrades. In addition to upgrades, they are  offering backyard land scaping and also washer, dryer and refrigerator. So it would be another 12 to 15k on top of 30k upgrades.

if we take out 45k , base price is coming around 735k.

So when we compare Helena model 2 which is 100 sqft smaller at 682k, I feel it can go up another 15k max in future phases. Unless there is lot premium or upgrades included, they may not be able to go beyond 700k.

What do you think

irvine6789 said:
Vista scena is selling model 2 (1750 sqft) for 785k. And it includes around 30k upgrades. In addition to upgrades, they are  offering backyard land scaping and also washer, dryer and refrigerator. So it would be another 12 to 15k on top of 30k upgrades.

if we take out 45k , base price is coming around 735k.

So when we compare Helena model 2 which is 100 sqft smaller at 682k, I feel it can go up another 15k max in future phases. Unless there is lot premium or upgrades included, they may not be able to go beyond 700k.

What do you think

The thing with the upgrades is I feel that if you're not selecting them, it's not really the same value as what you pay for them. For instance, those upgrades don't include flooring which is something everyone will likely want to upgrade. our upgrades included 3x1350 for recessed lights in the bedrooms. $1000 for flat screen wall setup in bedroom. 2k for upgraded paint (it's not that upgraded). We wouldn't have paid for those upgrades. especially when they go in purchase price and you end up paying property tax on them.

I think for Vista scena, you get the stackable washer dryer and if you don't want them stacked, you have to pay? There was kinda of a gotcha with that upgrade. Although washer dryer are cheap anyways. The big perk would be landscape if it is really a full landscape. My guess is that it's something basic and you have to pay big premiums to upgrade. 

But yeah I don't think there's that much room after 700k. I think market price for those units is probably about that actually. 700-720k. Although Eastwood seems to be in high demand, almost more than Stonegate/Woodbury, which was a little bit of a surprise to me. When we visited Portolla Springs and beacon park, demand was far from being through the roof. So we were surprised to see the demand in Eastwood. For us, we liked the lower melorooz and being a little further from the great park (worried about future traffic). The location of Eastwood is more convenient for us too.

BTW residence 3 is 15k more expensive and is is 1720sqft.

Thank you Yoyo2012 for your inputs.
You signed up for Model 2 or 3?
We are looking for model 2 or 2x. 2x looks interesting as it comes with bigger garage.

Also looks like they have some bigger lots coming up for (mostly for Model 3 and few Model 2s ) in future phases. But not sure whether it is worth waiting as they will be increasing price every phase.

irvine6789 said:
Thank you Yoyo2012 for your inputs.
You signed up for Model 2 or 3?
We are looking for model 2 or 2x. 2x looks interesting as it comes with bigger garage.

We signed up for model 2. I think the 2X will be hard to get. There is very few of them that will be built and I'm guessing people on top of priority list might have passed waiting for it so they'd get it first.

When I had gone to the sales office couple of weeks ago, I heard the sales folks saying its better to look  around other communities and not wait ...Bcos it could be a while till you get a turn....I understand they are overloaded priority list...but which sales person would say I don't want your 700k ? ...

blueribbon said:
When I had gone to the sales office couple of weeks ago, I heard the sales folks saying its better to look  around other communities and not wait ...Bcos it could be a while till you get a turn....I understand they are overloaded priority list...but which sales person would say I don't want your 700k ? ...

I think prices in Irvine have been rising the past few months so people are showing more interest. There's a couple floorplans I was tracking. The 2bedroom+den in Stonegate (1350sqft) was selling for about 600-620 in Jan-Feb. I see them going for 640-660 now. I guess interest rate has something to do with that.

But I agree that sales people have a little bit of attitude. They make you feel as it's a privilege if you manage to buy into their communities. I'm guessing it's a sales tactic.

Back