Helena at Eastwood

yoyo2012 said:
I stopped by last weekend. First 3 phases were sold out, they were about to release 4th phase for november move-in.

did you get a price sheet?  wonder what's their pricing in the recent phase. we stopped by to pick up the price sheet and they claim they ran out. 

tdg said:
yoyo2012 said:
I stopped by last weekend. First 3 phases were sold out, they were about to release 4th phase for november move-in.

did you get a price sheet?  wonder what's their pricing in the recent phase. we stopped by to pick up the price sheet and they claim they ran out. 

Ask them to write it down on a piece of paper while you wait.  What a smug answer.  A printer copier combo is like $79 and when you are down to the last price sheet, copy 100 more.

Bad business and bad customer service.

We experienced same with Helena sales team. They are rude and careless. They never had answers for any questions other current phase. Awful customer service. When compared, Petaluma sales team is much better and responsive.

tdg said:
yoyo2012 said:

How do you know what you are buying if you don't have a price sheet. You should of ask, why did I even take my time to come here. (Then walk out the door)

eyephone said:
tdg said:
yoyo2012 said:

How do you know what you are buying if you don't have a price sheet. You should of ask, why did I even take my time to come here. (Then walk out the door)
Cushiest sales job evar

I think release 5 site map is shared with just few buyers in priority list. I checked yesterday evening and they told me that they do not have any info on release 5 yet.

yoyo2012 said:
I think it's a sales tactic. They imply that you have no shot at buying in this phase so why would you care about the price sheet.

BTW this is a recent sale for the equivalent Helena floorplan in Stonegate. I think it's pretty close to Residence 2 in Helena (Helena is 1630 while this one is 1600 but beside of that, very similar floorplan downstairs and upstairs.) https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/119-Baritone-92620/home/103964531

so this comp just sold for 460/sqft at Stonegate and Irvine company is perfectly fine selling Helena at 410/sqft.  something's not right with this development

The Helena comparable unit was selling for 680-685 in phase 1 (420/sqft). That included 20k of forced upgraded but nothing that impressive. If you add landscape of backyard and flooring upgrades, you're over 700. The SG comp has the wood-like ceramic, which is an expensive upgrade. Also, a 3d leather in great room (however I wasn't a huge fan of it).

When I saw Petaluma selling that well and that Helena comp being listed at 735k, I was actually expecting Helena to be more expensive. It's basically very similar floorplan to residence 1 of Petaluma. Obviously backyard smaller and it is not detached. Maybe I'm missing something. But in terms of townhomes in Irvine, that floorplan is the one that felt the closest to a home and not a condo to us. Obviously we would have prefered something completely detached but it was out of our budget.

yoyo2012 said:
The Helena comparable unit was selling for 680-685 in phase 1 (420/sqft). That included 20k of forced upgraded but nothing that impressive. If you add landscape of backyard and flooring upgrades, you're over 700. The SG comp has the wood-like ceramic, which is an expensive upgrade. Also, a 3d leather in great room (however I wasn't a huge fan of it).

When I saw Petaluma selling that well and that Helena comp being listed at 735k, I was actually expecting Helena to be more expensive. It's basically very similar floorplan to residence 1 of Petaluma. Obviously backyard smaller and it is not detached. Maybe I'm missing something. But in terms of townhomes in Irvine, that floorplan is the one that felt the closest to a home and not a condo to us. Obviously we would have prefered something completely detached but it was out of our budget.

Could of got an arm loan

yoyo2012 said:

The piece that's missing in your logic is that HOA for Petaluma is 125/mo vs 280/mo for Helena. It makes a big difference.

SweetMiss said:
Do you think Helena is a good option for first time buyer (couple)?

Yes. 

Zone to NW high has that special pixie dust on Eastwood and there will be no more new build under $900K zone to NW high in the future.  Unless Eastwood got re-zoned in the future which is unlikely, Eastwood is it. 

soyi said:
yoyo2012 said:

The piece that's missing in your logic is that HOA for Petaluma is 125/mo vs 280/mo for Helena. It makes a big difference.

You're right, I forgot to mention that. However, homeowner insurance is cheaper for a townhouse vs detached condo. And HOA covers some things such roofs, front landscape. Those don't amount for the full difference obviously but a portion of it.

lnc said:
SweetMiss said:
Do you think Helena is a good option for first time buyer (couple)?

Yes. 

Zone to NW high has that special pixie dust on Eastwood and there will be no more new build under $900K zone to NW high in the future.  Unless Eastwood got re-zoned in the future which is unlikely, Eastwood is it.

My wife and I are first time buyer (young couple without kids yet). We liked the layout and having that small yard (which you don't get in other townhouses). I'm guessing it's a feel thing. We liked having the living area downstairs and bedroom upstairs. Some people want to have 1 bedroom downstairs. Some want to have everything on one floor (which you can get in a lot of 2 bedroom layout).

The MR is attractive compared to PS and great park. We also didn't like the feel of Portolla springs. But from our research, every community seem to have some 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom townhouses options. So best thing is to visit everything and figure out what you like.

yoyo2012 said:
soyi said:
yoyo2012 said:

You're right, I forgot to mention that. However, homeowner insurance is cheaper for a townhouse vs detached condo. And HOA covers some things such roofs, front landscape. Those don't amount for the full difference obviously but a portion of it.

Front landscaping for Petaluma is also covered with the HOA. The walls-in insurance is roughly the same between the two.

soyi said:
yoyo2012 said:
soyi said:
yoyo2012 said:

Front landscaping for Petaluma is also covered with the HOA. The walls-in insurance is roughly the same between the two.

For a townhouse, wall-in coverage is part of HOA master insurance. You basically need to get a complimentary insurance to coverage what's inside the walls. My understanding is that you need to get your own wall-in insurance with detached condos or SFR.

Back