Ellwood by Richmond American at Beacon Park

Beacon park = on superfund site
Cypress village = across the street from superfund site

Is there a difference? Does sand canyon serve as a barrier against the superfund site?

qwerty said:
Beacon park = on superfund site
Cypress village = across the street from superfund site

Is there a difference? Does sand canyon serve as a barrier against the superfund site?

It's all about the Plume location.  That is where the soil is most dangerous.

5vyum0.jpg

Hard to tell but looks like the southeast corner of Cypress Village is closer than the BP homes.

The PLUME location at the Greatpark is owned by the city. Five Point does not own the land above the PLUME. It will likely be a future sports venue.

oceanmonkey said:
is this the 2005 version toxic map?

I don't think there's been any recent studies but please post if you find any.  I'd also be interested in  the movement of the plume from the last study.

@Marty has posted this picture in another thread talking about toxic site in great park.
the date is not recent, but it is better than 2005

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 12.36.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 12.36.10 PM.png
    527.7 KB · Views: 384
image.jpg1_zps7hi833lp.jpg

I don?t know if many of you were around when the El Toro MCAS (Marine Corps Air Station) was still active. It hosted an annual air show that over a hundred thousand spectators attended the event. There were several fatal aircraft fatalities.

Contamination was limited to the south and  south west of the site. MCAS sited the maintenance facilities at the lowest elevation of the entire 4 square mile plot of land. The strategy was to avoid run off since it was at the lowest point. Aircrafts took off toward the north easterly direction over the current Baker Ranch. The air lift was better against Saddleback mountains. It was much safer to fly against the Santa Ana wind direction.

The aircrafts were parked at the south west run way tarmac closest to Old Town Irvine. This was the ideal location for aircraft maintenance. The chemical and solvents used were the one contributed to the PLUME pulled by gravity toward the lower elevation of Irvine which is Woodbridge lake. Chemicals deposited on the concrete aprons just outside of the maintenance building were hosed off by water or washed off by rain. The most contaminated area is soil near the edge of the concrete tarmac slab and not under the concrete slab itself.  Because the soil under the slab was too dense and compacted, capillary action pulled the toxic fluid away to the looser soil.

This should explain why the best view lots along Baker Ranch were all blank walls of the R&D buildings. It was zoned industrial for years until recently rezoned for residential.

The southern edge were the operational hub of the MCAS. This part of the site was ideal for truck and train delivery when access roads to the north were not built until much later in late 80?s. A sharp shooter training facility was there also. Sand Canyon was then just a dirt path. This location is the subject area of contaminants.  No residential is being planned there based on the plans from City of Irvine. The city still owns this portion of the Great Park.

We need to understand topography of the former MCAS. It is approximately 2mi x 2 mi. The entire site averages 2 percent grade. The high point is near the jail and low point is near Old Town Irvine.  2 miles x 5280? x the square root of 2 =14,936?. At 2% there is a grade difference of almost 300?.  Contaminants did not travel up hill.  Aircraft mist contributed to pollution and so did John Wayne flight path over Newport Beach.

Formerly the MCAS residential villages were located across the street north of Irvine Blvd and at the North West quadrant which now are the current locations of PP and BP. Horse corral, cafeteria, admin, equestrian and health care facilities were located between Irvine Blvd and Trabuco next to the toll road.

Kids visited Nolan and loved it.  It was cozy like a hotel suite.  But the price was out of touch if you factored the Mello Roos.  It is for 45 years!!!  Surprisingly this was maybe one of two of the best selling neighborhoods in Beacon Park. 

MFWIC said:
Kids visited Nolan and loved it.  It was cozy like a hotel suite.  But the price was out of touch if you factored the Mello Roos.  It is for 45 years!!!  Surprisingly this was maybe one of two of the best selling neighborhoods in Beacon Park.

is it 40 yrs with 2% increase every yr?
i think it is the most popular in BP, base pricing keeps going up.

Yes the Base price has gone up by 36K for Plan 2 for Phase 4. Not sure how much do they plan to increase every phase :(

I have given you guys hints before it was opened to purchase in phase one and two. I posted pictures and even told you the stories and inspiration behind the creation. Some of you even made fun of the 1911 Sears Roebuck Catalog. (Smiley face)

I even dropped hint that my creations historically yield the highest resale value ratio by 15-20% over the competitions with similar Square footage.

I will drop more hints where you should consider buying in the future if you want to see the quickest appreciation.

Why hint?

You should advertise like this:
[glow=red,2,300]
THIS IS A BK DESIGN....IT WILL APPRECIATE 20%.  YOU WANNA MAKE MONEY? BUY IN PHASE 1 or 2

irvinehomeshopper said:
I have given you guys hints before it was opened to purchase in phase one and two. I posted pictures and even told you the stories and inspiration behind the creation. Some of you even made fun of the 1911 Sears Roebuck Catalog. (Smiley face)

I even dropped hint that my creations historically yield the highest resale value ratio by 15-20% over the competitions with similar Square footage.

I will drop more hints where you should consider buying in the future if you want to see the quickest appreciation.
IHS - Have you designed Lafayette plans at Stonegate? I like those designs with open entries and more spacious feel inside the home.

We toured Ellwood last weekend, and it was everything that people were raving about - the floor plans that could fit 4 bdrm without feeling too cramped, and the architecture that?s different from your typical Irvine homes.

If we were to purchase at Ellwood, I would only want to get the elevation with the deck option. I wouldn?t want to be next to the home with the deck. The distance between each home is just too close for me that I would feel being towered over and would feel uneasy having neighbor and their parties looking down into my home.

Another thing I worry about is the night parties in those ?neighborhood watch towers?. I currently have a neighbor who holds parties on a regular basis in their yards. We could hear them and their music, even though, they were about 6 houses down the street. Thank goodness they are respectful and always end their parties at round 10pm. But I?m sure only a handful of people are that respectful to their neighbors/communities. Parties on rooftops will have no fence or trees as barriers, so noise will travel further. It only takes a couple of bad apples to ruin it for the whole community. So for us it?s either Ellwood with the deck or no Ellwood at all.

Ending on a positive note ? Imagine having 4th of July parties on those decks. BBQ and hanging out with your family and friends. You would have clear views to all the fireworks around Irvine (maybe even nightly fireworks from Disneyland), it?s going to be hard not to have a party every weekend. 

DixieCups said:
We toured Ellwood last weekend, and it was everything that people were raving about - the floor plans that could fit 4 bdrm without feeling too cramped, and the architecture that?s different from your typical Irvine homes.

If we were to purchase at Ellwood, I would only want to get the elevation with the deck option. I wouldn?t want to be next to the home with the deck. The distance between each home is just too close for me that I would feel being towered over and would feel uneasy having neighbor and their parties looking down into my home.

Another thing I worry about is the night parties in those ?neighborhood watch towers?. I currently have a neighbor who holds parties on a regular basis in their yards. We could hear them and their music, even though, they were about 6 houses down the street. Thank goodness they are respectful and always end their parties at round 10pm. But I?m sure only a handful of people are that respectful to their neighbors/communities. Parties on rooftops will have no fence or trees as barriers, so noise will travel further. It only takes a couple of bad apples to ruin it for the whole community. So for us it?s either Ellwood with the deck or no Ellwood at all.

Ending on a positive note ? Imagine having 4th of July parties on those decks. BBQ and hanging out with your family and friends. You would have clear views to all the fireworks around Irvine (maybe even nightly fireworks from Disneyland), it?s going to be hard not to have a party every weekend.

And if you've ever been to a Persian hookah party you know they go on all night long.  :D

bones said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Is it the design or the price point?

How are the other BP homes in the $700-900k range doing?

Sheesh. Do you even have to ask?

So basically BP will be a ghost town minus the Ellwood owners running amuck?  :)

Ellwood model homes were nice but they had drive way and premium lots... those are gone so smaller back yard and no drive way.  Do you guys think future phase will attract as much interest?  I notice other model houses were not as busy as Ellwood a couple of weeks ago.  How are the sales now?  Possibly seasonality with buyers being turned off by high prices (and may be interest hike) would finally taper home price in general (especially new homes) and make some what more affordable for real hard working American citizen who actually pay tax and live here???

To each their own.  I'm not a fan of having to lug all the BBQ food, soda, etc., up 2 flights of stairs to the roof.  Although it rains like 8 times a year in Irvine, I wonder how well the roof flooring holds up with the water and drainage. The last thing I want to see is puddles of water on the roof every time it rains.

Also, without the conventional roof, I wonder if the second floor heats up faster.  Conventional roofs are designed to trap heat so that the house, particularly the second floor, doesn't get baked quickly.  I think the roof deck is great - very attractive, but I'm just trying to think of the practicality of it. 

i heard ellwood is charging ridiculous rates for solar upgrades, anyone has ever done a new home solar with any irvine home builders recently?
i thought solar market is well saturated by now, it is suppose to be cheap to add solar, am i missing info here?

Back