Ellwood by Richmond American at Beacon Park

kapee94 said:
wasn't phase 4 release today? does anyone know how it went?

30K jump since the 1st phase.
why people r still buying? do they all think the last phase release will be ended in 900k+?

oceanmonkey said:
kapee94 said:
wasn't phase 4 release today? does anyone know how it went?

30K jump since the 1st phase.
why people r still buying? do they all think the last phase release will be ended in 900k+?

Because this is HR (home run) design and unique opportunity.

visited the rest of the villages yesterday. given that larkspur, melody and others at or around 1mm have smallish yards, not hard to see why most are opting for ellwood even though zero lot line.  very little space spent on hallways and several rooms with partially/semi vaulted ceilings.  just wanted to give another plug to how good they did with them. 

Thank you for pointing out the subtlety with the bedrooms. I have been waiting for this comment since its debut. As you walked through the homes your subliminal mind unconcientiously  is already registering the special features. Homes do not need to be big to be impressive. It is about the coziness and human scale. I am not a believer of palatial and ostentatious homes. Even with the task of designing a 5,000 SF homes I mould it into a space of comfort.

Ellwood is not all about the roof decks. The ceilings and the walk in alcoves in the secondary bedrooms are differentiators from the typical mundane Kids bedrooms that rely on thematic Interior decoration tricks. When there are no height and bulk restriction homes become bigger and boxier. Why go through the effort of carefully carving the house to reduce the homes into a single story appearance or create an substantial amount of single story roofs. Many of you do desire a home of characters and identity.

Many competitions 2 story homes are as tall as the Nolan roof deck plan.

There are many facets of this project beside efficiency use of space that set it apart from the rest.

irvinehomeshopper said:
I have given you guys hints before it was opened to purchase in phase one and two. I posted pictures and even told you the stories and inspiration behind the creation. Some of you even made fun of the 1911 Sears Roebuck Catalog. (Smiley face)

I even dropped hint that my creations historically yield the highest resale value ratio by 15-20% over the competitions with similar Square footage.

I will drop more hints where you should consider buying in the future if you want to see the quickest appreciation.

Why would anyone be concerned about the "quickest" appreciation? Why would you share your valuable future knowledge with anyone? Just use your crystal ball and profit like crazy.

We toured some of the Great Park homes yesterday and stopped by to take a look at Ellwood. Chatted a bit with the representative in the model with the roof deck (is that the Nolan?), and he said like 5 people that day had asked him who designed the home.  :)

I thought the inside was nice, especially the one with the large entryway area...I think that was also the Nolan. It's nice to have a larger foyer area where you can fit a bench, since the entry area of a home can get so crowded with everyone putting on/taking off shoes and coming in and out at the same time. Also the roof deck was super cool, and made me feel like I was somewhere exotic, like Morocco. But for me, the outward appearance of the homes (not so much Nolan but the other two) was what made them special. The pointy roof one and the other one were really cute from the outside. Yes, I'm super sophisticated when it comes to architecture!

I thought it was weird that they landscaped one of them with a weird pond with lilypads. Pretty, but who wants that right outside their home? I'd be worried about breeding mosquitoes and West Nile virus, but maybe that's just me. Or maybe the water is chlorinated and it wouldn't be an issue.

Oh, and my little boy was also impressed and said he wanted to go live there. So well done, IHS!

oceanmonkey said:
i heard ellwood is charging ridiculous rates for solar upgrades, anyone has ever done a new home solar with any irvine home builders recently?
i thought solar market is well saturated by now, it is suppose to be cheap to add solar, am i missing info here?

Solar Package G (SOLARG) 8 Panel System 1.00 $ 9,514. I don't have it for 16 Panel. This is after the 30% rebate as well :(

kapee94 said:
oceanmonkey said:
i heard ellwood is charging ridiculous rates for solar upgrades, anyone has ever done a new home solar with any irvine home builders recently?
i thought solar market is well saturated by now, it is suppose to be cheap to add solar, am i missing info here?

Solar Package G (SOLARG) 8 Panel System 1.00 $ 9,514. I don't have it for 16 Panel. This is after the 30% rebate as well :(

you will get the 30% rebate from FED correct?
8 panels is what? 2KW?  about 320 kwh produced in one month? not bad for $9514 investment, hopefully you will get it back about 100 months = 8.3 yrs

oceanmonkey said:
kapee94 said:
oceanmonkey said:

you will get the 30% rebate from FED correct?
8 panels is what? 2KW?  about 320 kwh produced in one month? not bad for $9514 investment, hopefully you will get it back about 100 months = 8.3 yrs

Unfortunately, the average holding period of houses is seven years, but your buyer will appreciate it.

jajji said:
Are these zero lot line homes? Does anyone have the recent price sheet?
yes, most of them are zero lot homes.

the base price of all three models can be found on Richmond website.
went through a 30k jump since the grand opening.

oceanmonkey said:
jajji said:

I'm sorry but that's insane to me.  I wouldn't want a zero-lot house in Woodbury let alone Beacon Park.  It's such a terrible design and potential issues down the line.

Irvinecommuter said:
oceanmonkey said:
jajji said:

I'm sorry but that's insane to me.  I wouldn't want a zero-lot house in Woodbury let alone Beacon Park.  It's such a terrible design and potential issues down the line.

What kind of issue?

I rented a zero lot line condo in Woodbury.  The side of my neighbors house basically served as my side yard wall.  Their wall stucco was chipping away and had rust stains that were quite an eyesore but in plain view every time I looked out the window.

The owner didn't care to fix it because they never see it and it didn't cause any problems for them.  HOA didn't seem interested in forcing them to fix it since it wasn't visible from the street.

Granted I didn't push too much since I was just 'passing through' but I can imagine this and other things being quite a headache with zero lot line homes.

aquabliss said:
I rented a zero lot line condo in Woodbury.  The side of my neighbors house basically served as my side yard wall.  Their wall stucco was chipping away and had rust stains that were quite an eyesore but in plain view every time I looked out the window.

The owner didn't care to fix it because they never see it and it didn't cause any problems for them.  HOA didn't seem interested in forcing them to fix it since it wasn't visible from the street.

Granted I didn't push too much since I was just 'passing through' but I can imagine this and other things being quite a headache with zero lot line homes.

that could really be a pain in the butt. irresponsible neighbors are something no one wants to encounter. the further you can get away from them the happier life you will have. the failing wall is not only bothering zero lot properties, with 4 ft + fence + 4 ft neighbors, you can still have the same problem.

aquabliss said:

yeah, it gets to be more of a problem as the zero lot line property gets older too. Just wait until your neighbors tree (which is planted too close to begin with in these tiny Irvine lots) starts getting bigger and the roots work their way under your house! How are you going to get them to remove their tree? Only you probably won't even know there's a problem until it gets to be a really BIG one, because you can't see what's going on in their yard! We looked at a number of resale homes even only 15-20 years old which had this issue. That's when I decided I'm never buying a zero lot line property.

How do these zero lot line homes work?  Would a homeowner be able to even see his "shared" exterior wall without the other homeowner's consent? 

Back