Ellwood by Richmond American at Beacon Park

IHS, one more observation looking at your posts - you seem to dislike every other design in Irvine except the ones you created. Is Ellwood the only one you have designed?

I have designed 1/2 a dozen in the last few years. I only jump on to the band wagon while BP is still a hot topic.

Currently several were all sold out and 10 are currently being and will be built in Irvine.

I don't recall I dislike every other design. In fact, I don't list tracts I don't like. I would be surprised if any one could name a specific tract that I criticized.
Purple said:
IHS, one more observation looking at your posts - you seem to dislike every other design in Irvine except the ones you created. Is Ellwood the only one you have designed?

Thank you for your response, great pictures by the way. I did not mean to offend you. I asked that question in the context of your comment on other Irvine communities:

"Everything that I preached here about good design were rejected in the past because of the bottom line $$$$$$ and density. I appreciate the culture of Five Points in implementing innovations. No horrible gridded streets, do curve streets for good chi and good Feng shui planning, diversity of architectural styles, avoid beige stucco boxes, avoid predictable 1/2 and 1/4 acre pocket parks, avoid forbidden city walls, avoid garages dominate houses, give bigger lots to the consumers, widen the width of motorcourts, bigger side yards between homes, no rental transient apartments to eliminate red towels, no marching trees at 25' on center, no military guard towers, no prison style entry portals, no big stupid signs to create caste system between neighborhoods, no tagging step child with "east" to existing neighborhoods, no square land plan that echo farm plots, no more visiting relatives parking on the wrong driveway, no more straight entry road that T into a park or wall. No more stupid pepper, olive or palm trees. There are other 30,000 trees we can pick from.

Stop living like a commune here in America. It is ok to leave Mao behind. It's ok to be different, it's ok to stand out, it's ok to take away prison style walls and sniper towers, it's ok to express yourself in selecting architecture different from your relatives."

Again, Thanks for your posts. They are very informative.

That is my design philosophy and I don't name specific tracts or list projects by names I disliked. You draw your own conclusion. I was thinking Corona, Riverside, Aliso Viejo, Beijing, Johns Creek, Shanghai and countless tracts that could match the descriptions. What I preach does not suit everyone's preference. I do believe varieties and something different do appeal to some buyers willing to experiment.

Have you noticed how IHS's 2.000 sq ft homes have the same number of bedrooms as most 3.000 sq ft homes and the rooms are just as big if not bigger?  Have you noticed that most of IHS' small homes have a downstairs bedroom and sometimes even an option for 2 master bedrooms?  Have you noticed how IHS presents features, like entry paseos and rooftop decks, that you've never seen before in Irvine?  If I were in the market for a 2,000 sq ft house, an IHS design, whether from Cal Pac or now in Elwood, would be a no-brainer.

Happiness said:
Have you noticed how IHS's 2.000 sq ft homes have the same number of bedrooms as most 3.000 sq ft homes and the rooms are just as big if not bigger?  Have you noticed that most of IHS' small homes have a downstairs bedroom and sometimes even an option for 2 master bedrooms?  Have you noticed how IHS presents features, like entry paseos and rooftop decks, that you've never seen before in Irvine?  If I were in the market for a 2,000 sq ft house, an IHS design, whether from Cal Pac or now in Elwood, would be a no-brainer.

i seriously hope you are not sharing your login with IHS.

I am not a politically correct poster here. This place need me or it will become an echo chamber.  I don't sugar coat things that I say. You will benefit if you stick around and not rush through picking on the things that annoy you. You have everything to gain and I lose some each time I post.

@IHS

Do you have any upcoming 3000+ sq ft projects in Irvine area?

Tired of looking at the same 4bed 3000+sq ft 'where did the space go" type of homes.  And please no master showers where you can bathe an elephant.

Or, can you recreate ellwood but add 1k sq ft to each plan and 10ft ceilings plus 5k lots on cul da sacs ftw

ps9 said:
@IHS

Tired of looking at the same 4bed 3000+sq ft 'where did the space go" type of homes.  And please no master showers where you can bathe an elephant.

Too funny. My wife hates the extraordinarily large master baths in ~3,000 sq ft new homes. There is so much wasted space.

Has any of the ellwood buyers do their options review yet with the home gallery?? just wondering what the ~ costs for certain upgrades for J boxes, recess lights etc are??

image_zpsyve1nqds.jpg

image_zpsgakwooux.jpg

image.jpg1_zps7wefd0fq.jpg
ps9 said:
@IHS

ps9 said:
@IHS

ps9 said:
And please no master showers where you can bathe an elephant.
Speak for yourself.

Some of us need that space.

So where is that 4-car garage with motorcourt at? That's the type of home that should have gone into Hidden Canyon.

Perspective said:
ps9 said:
@IHS

Too funny. My wife hates the extraordinarily large master baths in ~3,000 sq ft new homes. There is so much wasted space.

I'd rather have a bigger shower than a big gigantic tub.. which I have right now.  Unless I was making my own moonshine.. it's mostly wasted space.  Would be nice to have a double shower from time time.. if I had to choose of course. 

Back