Dow?

The 4th quarter looks scary for companies. Especially companies that rely on majority/big percentage income overseas.

Healthy 10% correction over?  Next time market slips 1000 gonna have my mortgage broker on speed dial, missed my chance.

irvinehomeowner said:
Did qwertrade get in on AAPL before yesterday?

Earnings report bumped it from 99 to 102.

No AAPL for me. ive been monitoring it. i thought about buying some when it was at 97 several days ago, then got busy at work and forgot about it.

hope you guys bought SSO, just like it said, the dow would march back to 17,300 from 16,300.

I was expecting a +10% correction but we only get a lousy -9.7%.

But wait, NYSE Margin Debt Drifts Higher.  Whenever the margin debt raises to such a high level, a significant market decline happened.  The data was up until September but the margin debt in October is expected to be even higher. Could the current rebound a bull trap?

Attachments

• NYSE-margin-debt-SPX-since-1995.gif
    NYSE-margin-debt-SPX-since-1995.gif
    74.8 KB · Views: 231
Sell gold, brace for tanking oil, and a rocky ride for stocks in 2015

U.S. stocks will enjoy a solid first six months of next year. However, the second half may not be so stellar, according to Credit Suisse, which published a broad market outlook for the coming year.

Credit Suisse predicts that the S&P 500 could see a rally to 2,200 by mid-year, which should come alongside an increase in volatility. It?s concerns centered on rate hikes by the Federal Reserve that could undercut stock momentum in the last six months of 2015, Credit Suisse notes.

So one of favorite trading stocks, PBR has tanked. I have a good chunk of shares, these buying opportunities don't come along often. It's in the low 8s. Was at 20 a couple of months ago. Could be a falling knife but I think downside is limited. Brazil is the 8th largest economy with vast amounts of natural resources. Good luck

qwerty said:
So one of favorite trading stocks, PBR has tanked. I have a good chunk of shares, these buying opportunities don't come along often. It's in the low 8s. Was at 20 a couple of months ago. Could be a falling knife but I think downside is limited. Brazil is the 8th largest economy with vast amounts of natural resources. Good luck

I agree but I favor on shore a bit more. NBR is one of my favorites at this price

morekaos said:
qwerty said:

I agree but I favor on shore a bit more. NBR is one of my favorites at this price

thanks. ill take a look at this tomorrow. if these oil stocks work out in a couple of years ill pay off my mortgage. if they dont, my wife may leave me :)

morekaos said:
qwerty said:

I would stay away from oil stocks. Nobody knows the bottom. #howlowcanyougo

Back