Cheap furniture

We have been pretty satisfied with Living Spaces for a few reasons:

1. Large selection
2. Reasonable prices
3. Same day delivery

The last one is probably one of the biggest reasons as you can get the furniture (as long as you choose the style/color they have in the showroom) the day you buy it.

And for us 99%ers... they even have no interest financing if you want to stretch out your expenditure over time.

Btw, isn't it more of a pita if they slip and fall in your house wearing your plastic bags?  Hope you have good insurance.  Mud you can clean, a lawsuit is hard to scrub

ps9 said:
Btw, isn't it more of a pita if they slip and fall in your house wearing your plastic bags?  Hope you have good insurance.  Mud you can clean, a lawsuit is hard to scrub

Yeah, we did think about this afterwards.  Not the smartest of decisions, but I really didn't want them coming into the house with the way those shoes looked. 

Also, to clarify, it was the front "lawn" the HOA maintains, not mine.  We don't have landscaping at the moment (another long a$$ discussion/frustrating process). 

scooter said:
We don't have landscaping at the moment (another long a$$ discussion/frustrating process). 

it doesnt have to be. mine was pretty fast and painless :)

scooter said:
ps9 said:

Yeah, we did think about this afterwards.  Not the smartest of decisions, but I really didn't want them coming into the house with the way those shoes looked. 

Also, to clarify, it was the front "lawn" the HOA maintains, not mine.  We don't have landscaping at the moment (another long a$$ discussion/frustrating process).

go with Echo family and ask for the TI hookup. 

Got my sectional today at LS, a grueling 4 hour ordeal.  Here's what we decided on:

b4642670c052820e91f30905cb48f185_zps89f15de9.jpg
http://www.livingspaces.com/ProductView.aspx?productId=81565

Except the chaise is on the left side and a cuddler is on the right side, kinda like the Aaron sofa a few post back.  Total length is about 162" with seating for five.  Color is a light grey with some raised threads, like linen but polyester.  We were torn between this sectional and the Julius:

99b30fdc785d96e665fad5dda37f360e_zps5a773ddd.jpg

The minor tufting look in the sofa arms really drew us in, but in the end decided against it.  It can't be configured with the right dimensions, the chaise is too long for our room, we can do a double love seat without the chaise but then we'll have to get the clunky ottoman as this will be our TV couch and need to put our feet up. 

A cozy family room couch is our goal, and the Unger is a better fit.  Doesn't look as good but it will feel better.  Not ready for recliners, will reserve that when we're fat and retired.

We were helped by Matthew as SoCal recommended above.  Didn't ask for him, just lucked out to get his service. And like SoCal said, he is patient and very knowledgable. 

3 weeks turnaround for our sofa to be custom made.  Delivery charge maxes out at $99 AYCE, so we're gonna go back and add some more furniture to our order.

ps9 said:
Delivery charge maxes out at $99 AYCE, so we're gonna go back and add some more furniture to our order.
That's what we did too, ordered multiple items to take advantage of the one delivery fee.

Did you use their no interest financing? We've purchased two sofa sets, two ottomans and a dining table set from them. The back cushions are getting out of shape because my kids for some reason have to sit on them at the top rather than sitting on the seats. Other than that, LS furniture is pretty good.

Costco just changed out their holiday season aisle for furniture. Only problem is most of it is that dark brown wood color. Looking for some white or even espresso/black pieces.

irvinehomeowner said:
ps9 said:
Delivery charge maxes out at $99 AYCE, so we're gonna go back and add some more furniture to our order.
That's what we did too, ordered multiple items to take advantage of the one delivery fee.

Did you use their no interest financing? We've purchased two sofa sets, two ottomans and a dining table set from them. The back cushions are getting out of shape because my kids for some reason have to sit on them at the top rather than sitting on the seats. Other than that, LS furniture is pretty good.

Costco just changed out their holiday season aisle for furniture. Only problem is most of it is that dark brown wood color. Looking for some white or even espresso/black pieces.

Didn't do the financing, like to keep my credit clear except for mortgage.  Simplifies things a lot when I do a refi or if we upgrade to a bigger house.  As for LS quality, we'll have to wait and see.  The sectional we got will be built by Jonathan Louis locally in Gardena.  I believe Macy's also carries Jonathan Louis.  I will be happy if it lasts 5 years.  The JL Aaron sectional on display on the floor at LS is 5 years old and it still sits pretty good. 

Never liked Costco furniture,  especially the sofas/sectionals.  Feels more appropriate for man caves than family rooms.  They have more online but hard to buy a sofa without sitting in it. 

Any recommendations for cheap/not too expensive yet non-toxic (relatively) furniture? Or does such a thing not exist??

I am mainly looking for a platform bed and a dining set.
Anybody know of Coaster furniture- they are a distributer/manufacturer who  have a lot of target/overstock/world market type of furniture. They seem to supply a few furniture stores in Orange county. There is no info on the materials they use though.

Room and Board seems like a really nice non-toxic option but it is outside our current budget though I am open to hearing more from people who have bought there.

Thanks in advance!

Been looking for a small loveseat or chair (and a half) for my office around  $400-$500 range.  Went to living spaces and found this one pleasantly comfortable:http://www.livingspaces.com/ProductView.aspx?productId=78764

Tried Ashley and found the same one for about double the price (weird):https://www.ashleyfurniturehomestore.com/p/alenya-loveseat/1660035/

Seems like a great price at Living Spaces, even cheaper than most chair (and a halfs) that I've been looking at.  Only issue is the delivery charge so probably will end up buying more furniture from them at the same time so I don't feel so bad about $100 delivery fee.

Anyone have any other recommendations on a good low priced loveseat?

Have you checked out Next Generation at 3313 Hyland Ave, Costa Mesa, CA 92626?

They have an interesting collection of stuff. To let you in on a secret, you can actually bargain very hard there.

WillJoy - never heard of them but will check it out, thanks.  They have good Yelp reviews but not many so I'm a bit skeptical.

PS9 - have you sat on this in-store?  Buying furniture online is a bit sketch for me, especially anything you need to sit on (chairs / couches / loveseats).  I think I'll probably go for this one instead:http://www.livingspaces.com/ProductView.aspx?productId=78764

They have it in Irvine store and it's super comfy and great price as well.  Plus I don't know if I could stand the maple legs on that grey loveseat.  I'd have to have qwerty's cousins come paint them when they finish your cabinets.

Back