Cheap furniture

Eh... my kids made past toddler-hood with the ABC mat (we would change it to spell their name).

qwerter has more to worry about outside in his backyard. :)

homer_simpson said:
Best piece of cheap furniture I own is this chair.

Is it this one?

abf57a37f2b571bacbd97ef9ee31325f_zpsec180373.jpg

If so not a bad price, they have a similar chair at RH and World Market.

72fe0953f16cf477f5e201ca12d05c18_zps3ea1fcf1.jpg

a49a8e2c2c9f78f73d960849290c1503_zps9fff0208.jpg

For those that buy furniture at Target B&M, don't forget their cartwheel app, saw some coupons in there that applies to furniture.

Target!!!!! ding ding ding!!

I'm surpised how well the chairs complimented our crate and barrel dining table.  Love that cartwheel app!

the one from target looks the best out of the three. screw italian furniture and their high prices!

Since some of you folks seem so overly cautious with products your kids come into contact with, if you go with "cheap" products, isn't it probable that the materials used can be hazardous to your children's health as well? I don't have a problem with value shopping but there is some truth to the old adage, "if it is too cheap, there is probably a good reason why." I also prefer quality things so I like to do as much research as I can if I want to get a good price.

PS9 - We got the nesting tables from Ikea. Luckily, it goes well with the West Elm coffee table.

I will have to go check out Furnishing America.  Thanks!

Homie - that chair looks good!  Nice staircase too!  Is that travertine?  Are we flooring twins?  8)

ps9 said:
Starting another thread on furniture but with the central theme of being cheap.  No Room and Board here or Italian imported stuff, just good old China crap that you have to put together.  But there are some decent quality ones, especially if you don't have any furniture snobs as friends.

Been shopping on Target recently, especially the clearance section.  I have the redcard, which more than pay for itself due to the free shipping.  I'm not aware of any other furniture retailer that can ship it to me for free.  That makes shopping easier, with easy returns, if the furniture don't turn out, I can return and not be out of the shipping charges.  Plus an additional 5% off the clearance price.  Also, believe the Target depot must be nearby, as I get my furniture around 2 days!  Almost better than Amazon Prime, and we're talking about big freight pieces.  Don't forget cashback sites:
http://www.cashbackholic.com/cashback-rebates-target.com.html

I usually use Mr.Rebates for 3% back.

So loosen up those knuckles for the allen keys and line up those camber locks, it's cheap for a reason.
http://www.target.com/c/furniture-clearance/-/N-5tg3x

lol  ... I visited Room & Board and was shocked at the price tag.  But I did like their mattresses.  It was quite reasonable considering the quality.

Anyhow, I immediately went to Aki-Home right after Room & Board ... because I can at least afford Aki-Home in the District.  Give that a try :)

I also checked out Costco this week.  Wonderful new affordable furniture during their January furniture sale!  Good luck PS9!  Love this new thread!

Oh, I forgot to add Overstock.com.  Ever so often they've got some nice pieces of cheap furniture and they ship it for cheap too.  I have 4 pieces from them and they've lasted well.  Self assembly required and 3 out of the 4 pieces survived 2 kids so far.  That's pretty sturdy stuff.

** Don't believe how destructive my kids can be, just ask Chairman, he can tell you first hand how they can go after furniture.

Haven't gone to Aki-Home, wife said it's kinda like IKEA.  Do they sell sofa's?  Looking to replace our well worn microfiber sectional.  Did see a leather sofa at Costco the other day.. it was around $700 for a real leather couch?  Or did I see that wrong.  It had an instant rebate of $100. 

ps9 said:
Haven't gone to Aki-Home, wife said it's kinda like IKEA.  Do they sell sofa's?  Looking to replace our well worn microfiber sectional.  Did see a leather sofa at Costco the other day.. it was around $700 for a real leather couch?  Or did I see that wrong.  It had an instant rebate of $100.

Yes they do!  A nice selection of couches too for such a new store.  I like the Japanese touch to the furnishings.

And you probably did see that $700 correctly at Costco.  It's their furniture sale.  Just got to figure out how to get it home.  I would recommend a few buddies and a $19.99 Uhaul, cheapest way to get it home.  ;D

Guess I'll pass on that Costco sofa, too good to be true, thought all their sofas are at least some type of leather, not the plastic bonded ones. 

Just picked up this bench from target.com:

bench_zps4da62ef9.jpg

Looks like the clearance price has dropped from $99 to $77.  Getting it for $80 shipped to my door (plus some cashback from mrrebates.com).  Not sure how the pillowtop would work, but at least I can return it.

I was kind of disappointed with Aki Home.  I was expecting a bit more personality in their couches and seats, but they looked pretty standard besides one pretty far out there one.  The quality of a sleeper I sat on was pretty poor in terms of comfort.

I ended up getting two memory foam pillows.  They are kind of strange as they take time to adjust to your new position.  Definitely takes time to get used to. 

They have some really cool "bento" boxes for meals that includes a plastic fork and spoon with a couple small tupperware pieces to store sauces or small items along with two larger triangular shaped containers for your salad, pasta, or sandwich.  I highly recommend these as they are dishwasher safe too! 

I will continue to go back to see if they have any new pieces of furniture and recommend others to do so too if you are in the area.

ZeroLot said:
ps9 said:
Starting another thread on furniture but with the central theme of being cheap.  No Room and Board here or Italian imported stuff, just good old China crap that you have to put together.  But there are some decent quality ones, especially if you don't have any furniture snobs as friends.

Been shopping on Target recently, especially the clearance section.  I have the redcard, which more than pay for itself due to the free shipping.  I'm not aware of any other furniture retailer that can ship it to me for free.  That makes shopping easier, with easy returns, if the furniture don't turn out, I can return and not be out of the shipping charges.  Plus an additional 5% off the clearance price.  Also, believe the Target depot must be nearby, as I get my furniture around 2 days!  Almost better than Amazon Prime, and we're talking about big freight pieces.  Don't forget cashback sites:
http://www.cashbackholic.com/cashback-rebates-target.com.html

I usually use Mr.Rebates for 3% back.

So loosen up those knuckles for the allen keys and line up those camber locks, it's cheap for a reason.
http://www.target.com/c/furniture-clearance/-/N-5tg3x

lol  ... I visited Room & Board and was shocked at the price tag.  But I did like their mattresses.  It was quite reasonable considering the quality.

Anyhow, I immediately went to Aki-Home right after Room & Board ... because I can at least afford Aki-Home in the District.  Give that a try :)

I also checked out Costco this week.  Wonderful new affordable furniture during their January furniture sale!  Good luck PS9!  Love this new thread!

Oh, I forgot to add Overstock.com.  Ever so often they've got some nice pieces of cheap furniture and they ship it for cheap too.  I have 4 pieces from them and they've lasted well.  Self assembly required and 3 out of the 4 pieces survived 2 kids so far.  That's pretty sturdy stuff.

** Don't believe how destructive my kids can be, just ask Chairman, he can tell you first hand how they can go after furniture.

lol

Took another look at that leather sofa at Costco:

88F2764A-450F-459C-AF91-43DD2A8E748B_zpstwi9rkfq.jpg

B031E9D9-344E-424C-A0D6-FAFFCB1223D4_zpsr1dlmbcp.jpg

71EBAE37-1086-4D0F-B955-F72AFA064F1C_zpsj2bzslul.jpg

So the seating areas are top grain leather and not the plastic vinyl bonded crap.  The sides are split leather, not as good as top grain but again not bonded leather.  So a sub $1000 leather sofa delivered (delivery probabaly around $50?).  Sat on it for awhile, it is pretty comfortable and do sink into quite a bit, so getting up is a bit hard.  What do you guys think?  This is going in the family room, so comfort rules over looks.  Wife might not like the visible stitching.  Not the prettiest sofa, but it is functional and the price is good.  At least not a lazy fat ass looking recliner style. 

Here's the matching love seat:

D2597BD5-2190-40F3-A93D-9F172FD8D2F8_zpsgeiwmzit.jpg

Heh... sat on that couch a few days ago when you mentioned it.

I like the visible stitching.

Pretty good price for all-leather.

Back