C2E Boutique Townhomes

35capq.jpg

I wonder if captioning GIFS is difficult.

I just saw the pricing for levity in Tustin, low 900ks for 1938 sq ft. The largest plan is 2,787 sq ft.

That would put the largest plans at over 1.2m. That is nuts. I can?t imagine these will sell well. I hope they do though cause that will push up the value of our place.

qwerty said:
I just saw the pricing for levity in Tustin, low 900ks for 1938 sq ft. The largest plan is 2,787 sq ft.

That would put the largest plans at over 1.2m. That is nuts. I can?t imagine these will sell well. I hope they do though cause that will push up the value of our place.

$500/sf for attached 3-level condos in Tustin?  Man, they are smoking crack.

qwerty said:

So that?s kind of the thing, right? Some of these prices seem ridiculous, but at the same time we want them to sell at that price to lift the value of our own properties. Another example: I love hearing when my neighbors are adding upgrades to their home because it increases the value of their property and therefor our neighborhood. It?s better than the majority of the neighborhood having the same standard tile and carpet flooring which is what I see in a lot of listings.

eyephone said:
He can rent it out later. Remember it?s close to a lot of retail with food/shopping/cheap gas/movie theater/gym etc..

No offense to the op, but if they are struggling to move up to a 3 bed detached condo now, what makes you think he or she will be able to buy a more expensive place in a few years without selling to get the down for his move up property?  His or her 3 story will be harder to sell, you lose on commissions, and in a few years  the market will be up from where it is now.  Or maybe the big one destroys all our homes and we're SOL anyways, then the 3 story looks better since its less out of pocket. 

qwerty said:

They?re also going to have some smaller condos and flats that?ll probably start around 650 for smallest around 1400? or something if I remember.

JohnT said:
qwerty said:

They?re also going to have some smaller condos and flats that?ll probably start around 650 for smallest around 1400? or something if I remember.

It?s the shopping access they are selling. Might be the best location close to A class shopping. (Tustin and Irvine) Also next to a school magnet according to a sign and park.

At that price I wouldn?t buy.

qwerty said:

There's also MR here right? I agree that is too much, would that make C2E a better buy?

Casper said:
qwerty said:

There's also MR here right? I agree that is too much, would that make C2E a better buy?

How much is c2e selling for?

eyephone said:
Casper said:
qwerty said:

How much is c2e selling for?

Looks like last 2 from their website:
http://c2eirvine.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/C2E_HOTHOMES_Flyer_July2019_2web-1.pdf

Plan 1 ? $699,888
? 1,245 sq. ft.
? 2 Bed/2.5 Bath
? 3-story contemporary townhome
? Open-concept main-level living
? Direct access two-car garage
? End location (siteplan)
? Recessed lighting in living room + bedrooms
? Spacious deck
? Cook?s kitchen w/Bosch? stainless steel appliances
? Moen? 1800 series steel kitchen sink + chrome faucet
? White shaker cabinets w/soft close drawers
? White quartz countertops
? Buyer?s choice of flooring
? Washer, dryer + refrigerator included

Plan 3 ? $866,880
? 1,907 sq. ft.
? 3 Bed/3.5 Bath
? Stackable washer and dryer
? Spacious deck
? Cook?s kitchen w/ Bosch? stainless steel appliances
? White shaker cabinets w/ soft close drawers
? Buyer?s choice of white or grey quartz countertops
? Fall move-in

At this price point, I'd buy a detached 3/2 condo elsewhere, that only has 2 floors. 

irvinehomeowner said:
Plan 3 ? $866,880
? 1,907 sq. ft.
? 3 Bed/3.5 Bath
? Stackable washer and dryer
? Spacious deck
? Cook?s kitchen w/ Bosch? stainless steel appliances
? White shaker cabinets w/ soft close drawers
? Buyer?s choice of white or grey quartz countertops
? Fall move-in

$30k won't get you renovated kitchen and bathrooms. This doesn't show photos of the bathrooms but if they look like the kitchen they will need to be renovated.

irvinehomeowner said:
akkord said:
At this price point, I'd buy a detached 3/2 condo elsewhere, that only has 2 floors. 

Agreed.

I think you can buy a detached home for $866k.

Like this one:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/6-Gold-Blf-92604/home/4683505

Needs upgrades but at $829k, you can put $30k into it and it will be nice.

True that or maybe the bare minimum.

moc said:
$30k won't get you renovated kitchen and bathrooms. This doesn't show photos of the bathrooms but if they look like the kitchen they will need to be renovated.

irvinehomeowner said:
akkord said:

Agreed.

Like this one:

moc said:

irvinehomeowner said:
akkord said:

Agreed.

Like this one:

For that size home, it can. The kitchen will cost about $10-15k and the 2 bathrooms can be done for $10-15k. Flooring anywhere from $5-10k.

Soylent Green Is People said:
I'm expecting a great number of these 1-2 story tilt up manufacturing/office parks to be converted in the next few years. If one of these buildings will sell for $2.5m on a 1.2 acre lot, and you put 10 3 story homes on it for $700k each, the math will work. Remember, much of the infrastructure pre-exists (roads, sewer, electrical) so there isn't that much in the way of relative costs to convert to residential.

That said, you couldn't pay me to live under a jet way, even if the location allowed me to walk to work.

My .02c

SGIP

Your prediction came true, these are everywhere now on Jamboree, Von Karman, MacArthur, Main Street. They are squeezing these in everywhere in strange looking tracts.

Back