C2E Boutique Townhomes

Mety said:
I think these are great if you're young and have no kids yet. The school zone is one thing, but more drawback of a Tri-level home is that you would have to climb up and down all the time with holding the baby/kid. Like someone already mentioned, if the third level is just a bonus area, then it's not too bad, but having bedrooms at a third level is quite a challenge with carrying your babies. Also older people don't like to climb up either, so the target audience gets narrower than 2-story or single level homes when selling.

Tustin Legacy will have more homes, but C2E has no MR (as far as I know), so that's a big plus also.

Good point and don't forget groceries. Heavy bags of groceries are a PITA to carry up and down the stairs, especially when you have to make multiple trips. I didn't mind at first, but it became inconvenient after two years of living with that floor plan. I see the appeal of having a larger open living space as well as a first floor guest room, though.

As a DINK - Dual Income, No Kids - our top floor condo was great! No issue going up 4 flights of "inside the unit" stairs albeit with a light load of groceries. We had plenty of space, a great view, and zero noise from above or below. Once Soylent Yellow was born, we scrambled to sell, wanting to get out of that unit as fast as possible. As @kbinteriordesign notes, it's quite challenging to carry babies up and down and up and down again. Blegh. The move was also a PITA since we had accumulated quite a bit in that unit - sizeable items that took a great deal of effort to extract once we sold. If offered a chance to do it again, it's a no from me, dawg.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People said:
As a DINK - Dual Income, No Kids - our top floor condo was great! No issue going up 4 flights of "inside the unit" stairs albeit with a light load of groceries. We had plenty of space, a great view, and zero noise from above or below. Once Soylent Yellow was born, we scrambled to sell, wanting to get out of that unit as fast as possible. As @kbinteriordesign notes, it's quite challenging to carry babies up and down and up and down again. Blegh. The move was also a PITA since we had accumulated quite a bit in that unit - sizeable items that took a great deal of effort to extract once we sold. If offered a chance to do it again, it's a no from me, dawg.

My .02c

This is why flats were always out of the question for us. My parents wanted us to look at Nova in Novel Park since they had some smaller units, but they assumed (like most people did who were at the opening) that they had elevators. Every first time buyer/young couple was asking where the elevator was. Little did we know that these types of housing rarely have them. Moving in and out would be such a paid with the narrow stairs they have. After that we never looked at flats again. Tandem garage? No thanks.

I personally don't worry too much about climbing stairs, seems like most new townhomes are 3 stories. No kids yet so that's why I'm thinking about the long term plan when there are kids and they start doing school etc., then I might need to relocate if TUSD doesn't get better. Are they building any new school in that Tustin Legacy area? There's a lot of development around this place and maybe wouldnt be too hard to resell in around 7 years+ ?

I was also looking at Cypress Village (I like new homes), prices are around 100k lower, but there is MR. The payment came out close but for some reason I don't like paying 1.5% tax. I do like CV homes' floor plan and the neighborhood but C2E got me at low tax rate and no MR, plus convenience location. There's also new KB homes across the street.

Pay more and plan for the future, your Irvine detached condo will probably appreciate more than a 3 story townhome, then you also have to pay commission to buy and sell in the future, so that has to factor in if you plan on moving, so bite the bullet now if you can afford it.

Casper said:
I personally don't worry too much about climbing stairs, seems like most new townhomes are 3 stories. No kids yet so that's why I'm thinking about the long term plan when there are kids and they start doing school etc., then I might need to relocate if TUSD doesn't get better. Are they building any new school in that Tustin Legacy area? There's a lot of development around this place and maybe wouldnt be too hard to resell in around 7 years+ ?

I was also looking at Cypress Village (I like new homes), prices are around 100k lower, but there is MR. The payment came out close but for some reason I don't like paying 1.5% tax. I do like CV homes' floor plan and the neighborhood but C2E got me at low tax rate and no MR, plus convenience location. There's also new KB homes across the street.

Regarding to Cyprsss Village?s MR:

CV main area:
AD Tax: approx. $900-$2500 depends on size of property.
CFD Tax: $1700
Other Tax: $100-$200

CV East:
AD Tax= none
Other Tax:  a little over $100

There?s no 2% annual increase in MR like GP neighborhoods.  That CFD tax of $1700 consists of R2: CFD 86-1 and R0: CFD 09-1.  CFD 86-1 (around $625) and R0 09-1 (around $1,080).  And R2 CFD 86-1, around $625, expires in 9-1-20. 

If you hats MR, look into Cypress Village East, lowest MR in the new area.

lnc said:

CV main area:

CV East:
AD Tax= none

There?s no 2% annual increase in MR like GP neighborhoods.  That CFD tax of $1700 consists of R2: CFD 86-1 and R0: CFD 09-1.  CFD 86-1 (around $625) and R0 09-1 (around $1,080).  And R2 CFD 86-1, around $625, expires in 9-1-20. 

I don?t really understand the nuances of mello roos. What?s the total additional tax you?d have to pay in cypress village?

JohnT said:
I don?t really understand the nuances of mello roos. What?s the total additional tax you?d have to pay in cypress village?

For the CV main area, it range from $2700-$4200 depends on the property (SFR are higher, condos are lower).  For CV East, it's just a little over $1800 for all since they are all condos. 

akkord said:
You forgot what everyone cares about most, ROI will be worse on a tri level, it will be harder to sell and at a lower price.

Mety said:
I think these are great if you're young and have no kids yet. The school zone is one thing, but more drawback of a Tri-level home is that you would have to climb up and down all the time with holding the baby/kid. Like someone already mentioned, if the third level is just a bonus area, then it's not too bad, but having bedrooms at a third level is quite a challenge with carrying your babies. Also older people don't like to climb up either, so the target audience gets narrower than 2-story or single level homes when selling.

Tustin Legacy will have more homes, but C2E has no MR (as far as I know), so that's a big plus also.

Umm.. Please read the bold texts. That kinda covers the ROI subject, doesn't it? But a good point you brought up.

JohnT said:
lnc said:

CV main area:

CV East:
AD Tax= none

For EW, SG, and OH you pay about 1.3-1.4% tax total including MR.
For WD, you pay about 1.5-1.7%.
For CV and PS, you pay about 1.5-1.8%.
For CVE, you pay about 1.25%
For GP, you pay about 8359%. (Just kidding on this one)
Other areas (late 90s-early 2000s) have about $1000 a year left and expiring soon.

akkord said:
Pay more and plan for the future, your Irvine detached condo will probably appreciate more than a 3 story townhome, then you also have to pay commission to buy and sell in the future, so that has to factor in if you plan on moving, so bite the bullet now if you can afford it.

Casper said:

It depends. If you're young, then now is the time to live in such a home/area. Once you got kids and start to care for school districts, you would never live in homes like C2E. Detached homes or IUSD with MR might be a better ROI in a future, but it's not always about ROI. I would recommend buy where you really want to live. Living close to work and where you hang out often is a priceless option. Even if you regret later, you've learned your lesson so it's never a wrong choice.

Mety said:
akkord said:

Casper said:

It depends. If you're young, then now is the time to live in such a home/area. Once you got kids and start to care for school districts, you would never live in homes like C2E. Detached homes or IUSD with MR might be a better ROI in a future, but it's not always about ROI. I would recommend buy where you really want to live. Living close to work and where you hang out often is a priceless option. Even if you regret later, you've learned your lesson so it's never a wrong choice.

He can rent it out later. Remember it?s close to a lot of retail with food/shopping/cheap gas/movie theater/gym etc..

Mety said:
JohnT said:
lnc said:

CV main area:

CV East:
AD Tax= none

Other areas (late 90s-early 2000s) have about $1000 a year left and expiring soon.

Sounding like a pro. (Belly is that you?)  ;)

eyephone said:
Mety said:
JohnT said:
lnc said:

CV main area:

CV East:
AD Tax= none

Sounding like a pro. (Belly is that you?)  ;)

Why not his wife?  ;D

eyephone said:
Welcome back?

35c9aj.jpg

If you write for entertainment try to use more meme's.
although it takes a bit more effort.

Back