C2E Boutique Townhomes

I visited Atlantic square when they started selling.  From what I recall, they were having a hard time selling. 

Hello - Both. Noise and pollution. Why spend $1.5m to live in Newport when you could spend same $1.5m in Corona Del Mar/Newport Coast.

There is a difference between Newport/Costa Mesa (Takeoff) and Tustin/Irvine (Landing). When planes land they often dump fuel and waste. If there's an emergency most planes land short, which is near where these are being built. Sure, the percentage chance of being struck by a falling plane is relatively low, however it's thankfully a lower percentage than being doused in kerosene or hit by blue ice as these planes land. That's the stuff to watch out for.

My .02c

Considering 500 sq ft apartments rent for over $2,500 in the IBC, these 1,500 sq ft townhomes for $650k could be a decent investment as a rental.

Also, planes make way more noise taking off than landing. I was in Aliso Viejo when they did the 747 takeoff and landing test at El Toro when the county was still deciding what to do with the base. Trust me, you don't want to be anywhere near a 4 engine jumbo jet taking off.

I'm thinking birth center.

Client can stay there 6 months, master for mom/dad (dad's not usually around?) and the other room for baby and nanny/midwife/birthing assistant.

I see so many pregnant women walking from the nearby apartment complexes on Alton to/fro DJ.

#qwerIHObusiness

Ready2Downsize said:
Unless the HOA fines them. Ours somehow instituted a $9000 per month fine on birth motels.

We'll just make that part of the birth motel invoice, $9000 monthly administration fee. :)

#USCitizenshipIsPriceless

Happiness said:
Considering 500 sq ft apartments rent for over $2,500 in the IBC, these 1,500 sq ft townhomes for $650k could be a decent investment as a rental.

Also, planes make way more noise taking off than landing. I was in Aliso Viejo when they did the 747 takeoff and landing test at El Toro when the county was still deciding what to do with the base. Trust me, you don't want to be anywhere near a 4 engine jumbo jet taking off.

Where are you seeing $2500 rents on 500 sq ft apartments in Irvine?  I've never looked so if that's true, people are nuts.  When did Irvine become Manhattan haha

So, I met with the representative for C2E today.  Their on site office is not yet open so she met me at the Starbucks by Walmart on Von Karman.  The builder is Intracorp, which is based in Canada but they have other projects as well in the US.  They have some other projects planned for the Irvine business area.  It's interesting that the three projects are for three different price points and each has a different school district (IUSD, TUSD, SAUSD).  C2E uses TUSD.  Anyhow, the community consists of "pods" of six units (plan 1, 2, two plan 3s, and two plan 4s).  There's a pool area with restrooms but no spa.  There is relatively little guest parking.  The access road for the community is shared with the apartment community next door (I believe it is LiveRize.com).  There are courtyards/walkways between the "pods."  At the end of each walkway there is a community BBQ.  There is also small "passive" park at the rear of the community and a tot lot (which might be shared with LiveRize).  The street/access road is considered private and is shared with LiveRize and maintained by both LiveRize and C2E under a shared maintenance agreement.  HOAs are expected to be $272 at build out.  The HOA will not vary based on square footage.  It seems a bit dense,  somewhat like Central Park West but with fewer amenities.  But then there is no Mello Roos which is a plus.  I do think the location is good, close to DJ, the airport, the District, etc.  I do get concerned about all the extra traffic on Von Karman.

Oh, one other comment that I found interesting.  When I commented about the low number of guest spaces, she mentioned that there's even discussion about future communities (meaning many years in the future) potentially not even having garages because of the increased use of services such as Uber/Lyft.  I am putting words in her mouth here so take that as mostly from me.  I just can't see that in OC.  Our mass transit (cough) will never be that good.  We re not Manhattan.

I am glad I met with her.  Not sure if it's what I want to do though.

No MR and very reasonable $272 HOA (for an attached condo), this place has potentials.

aquabliss said:
gringo did you ask about broker co-op?

No I did not.  A few other things that I remembered.  You need to qualify with LoanDepot.  Second, the design center will only have four options for the kitchen/bathroom.  They want to keep it simple.  Flooring can be your choice and is not part of the four kitchen/bathroom selections.

In terms of pricing, there are four plans.  Plans 1 & 2 are 2BR (don't remember how many baths) and are in the high $600s in the pre-model period.  Plans 3 & 4 IIRC are in the $800 range.  You can have solid floors throughout.  Great if you have allergies.  Also, there is no "stacking" of units.  The units are completely vertical (unlike the "loft" plans at Central Park West (Maxfield models?).  No satellite dishes on the roofs.  No long term rental restrictions (but you cannot do Airbnb short term rentals).

Sorry for opening up an old thread, but I?ve been eyeing on this community for a while and they seem to check most of my boxes. I?m new to Irvine and currently living in a nearby apartment complex. I like this location as it?s close to work and DJ, but school districts don?t seem too good.

I see some developments coming up near Tustin Legacy area and wonder if this place has any potential for resale. Also, what?s the problem with Tri level townhouses?

Many thanks in advance.

A lot of people here on TI seem to dislike the tri-level homes. The issue seems to be with steps up to living/kitchen level is seen as a major detractor. My guess is that may be because the average poster here (seems to be, unverified), a bit older. I'm in my late 20s and live in a tri-level town home. Our layout is super functional and we were able to afford a home we're happy with.

I've seen posts here that tri-levels won't resell or rent as well as traditional layout homes because fewer people like them. But, from what I've seen they build a lot and sell a lot of them in Irvine. So, if you like the tri-level layout and the location I would say don't worry too much .

Casper said:
Sorry for opening up an old thread, but I?ve been eyeing on this community for a while and they seem to check most of my boxes. I?m new to Irvine and currently living in a nearby apartment complex. I like this location as it?s close to work and DJ, but school districts don?t seem too good.

I see some developments coming up near Tustin Legacy area and wonder if this place has any potential for resale. Also, what?s the problem with Tri level townhouses?

Many thanks in advance.

Be aware that the home is TUSD and not IUSD as well and they aren't the good TUSD schools. So if schools are remotely something you are considering then C2E would be a bad purchase.

I think these townhomes are pretty much sold out?  They are having close out sale.  Seems to be selling well.

Goriot said:
I think these townhomes are pretty much sold out?  They are having close out sale.  Seems to be selling well.

As I previously predicted.  ;D :) ;)

hello said:
eyephone said:
Burn That Belly said:
3 story townhomes... this is where dream16 should've bought as an investment instead of in PS1. A 3 story townhome in this location is likely to be more successful than out in PS.

Still, this location is not a good area to raise family. It is however, perfect for the young FCBs 18-25 year olds who party it up and truly want to be "close to everything" and walk to DJ every night for karoke and booze.

Say what you want regarding the three story, but the location is great. Try not to laugh, it?s a FCB paradise as there is shopping all around. (DJ, Walmart, Costco, Target, and TJmax - they like that discount)

LOL they pinch pennies but blow millions on homes...

Casper said:

Many thanks in advance.

I think these are great if you're young and have no kids yet. The school zone is one thing, but more drawback of a Tri-level home is that you would have to climb up and down all the time with holding the baby/kid. Like someone already mentioned, if the third level is just a bonus area, then it's not too bad, but having bedrooms at a third level is quite a challenge with carrying your babies. Also older people don't like to climb up either, so the target audience gets narrower than 2-story or single level homes when selling.

Tustin Legacy will have more homes, but C2E has no MR (as far as I know), so that's a big plus also.

You forgot what everyone cares about most, ROI will be worse on a tri level, it will be harder to sell and at a lower price.

Mety said:
I think these are great if you're young and have no kids yet. The school zone is one thing, but more drawback of a Tri-level home is that you would have to climb up and down all the time with holding the baby/kid. Like someone already mentioned, if the third level is just a bonus area, then it's not too bad, but having bedrooms at a third level is quite a challenge with carrying your babies. Also older people don't like to climb up either, so the target audience gets narrower than 2-story or single level homes when selling.

Tustin Legacy will have more homes, but C2E has no MR (as far as I know), so that's a big plus also.

akkord said:
You forgot what everyone cares about most, ROI will be worse on a tri level, it will be harder to sell and at a lower price.

If you need further proof that trilevels are hard to sell, the current open inventory at Celeste consists primarily of trilevels. There are 5 trilevels available, which is roughly half of the number of trilevels already built. The ones that have sold were mainly purchased because they have some sort of view from the third floor because of their location in the neighborhood.

Attachments

• IMG_3360.jpg
    975 KB · Views: 53
Back