Birth Tourism

When a country (the U.S.) owes over a trillion dollars to another country (China), any U.S. governmental benefits that these anchor babies may reap is essentially money from China.  But no one seems to care about this fact.

Boy do you have things twisted! When the Birth Tourism families from China falsify documents claiming financial need and apply for Medical the State of California pays the bill. Those funds come directly from the pockets of tax paying California residents, not Chinese citizens.

thevine said:
Boy do you have things twisted! When the Birth Tourism families from China falsify documents claiming financial need and apply for Medical the State of California pays the bill. Those funds come directly from the pockets of tax paying California residents, not Chinese citizens.

I think the percentage of people doing this is very low compared to the bulk of birth tourism people who pay full price for services and then, in turn, subsidize these the people falsifying financial need.  Remember, once these people give birth, they generally return to their home country.  Who knows if they will take advantage of the benefits 18 years later. 

Now, the other type of immigrant (ie. the illegal) who come in the hundreds of thousands over the border DO take advantage of the benefits for years and years.  Just 1 benefit, 12k/year per child in public education adds up quick.  With limited resources, shouldn't the feds go after the VERY LOW hanging fruit?

@ Woodbury owner - you mean the illegals who cut your grass and clean your house who you probably try to nickel and dime? The agreement that exists with Mexicans is they do all the shorty jobs that no one else wants to do, we pay them very little and when they need medical care will provide that. In exchange you get all your fruits and veggies at a low price, you can get your house cleaned and grass cut for a reasonable price, etc. sounds like a win win for everyone.

woodburyowner said:
thevine said:

I think the percentage of people doing this is very low compared to the bulk of birth tourism people who pay full price for services and then, in turn, subsidize these the people falsifying financial need.  Remember, once these people give birth, they generally return to their home country.  Who knows if they will take advantage of the benefits 18 years later. 

Now, the other type of immigrant (ie. the illegal) who come in the hundreds of thousands over the border DO take advantage of the benefits for years and years.  Just 1 benefit, 12k/year per child in public education adds up quick.  With limited resources, shouldn't the feds go after the VERY LOW hanging fruit?

Because those illegal immigrant workers provide the foundation of business...that's why business are all for a guest worker plan.  Go see who are the backstaff of every restaurant, who picks your produce, who cleans the chickens at the packing plant, and who does most of the construction/gardening work.

It is not a coincide that illegal immigration from Latin American country went dramatically down with the downturn of the US economy.  People don't come to this country for benefits, they come here for jobs.

eyephone said:
Irvinecommuter said:
eyephone said:
All I got to say, good thing Trump is running for President.

I hope you're not serious.

I don't think I'm going to eat Oreos ever again.

(If your up to date with the news, you will get it)

I get it...Donald Trump becoming the GOP candidate would be the most appropriate thing ever for the party.  Can't wait for Hillary to wipe the floor with him.

Irvinecommuter said:
woodburyowner said:
thevine said:

Because those illegal immigrant workers provide the foundation of business...that's why business are all for a guest worker plan.  Go see who are the backstaff of every restaurant, who picks your produce, who cleans the chickens at the packing plant, and who does most of the construction/gardening work.

It is not a coincide that illegal immigration from Latin American country went dramatically down with the downturn of the US economy.  People don't come to this country for benefits, they come here for jobs.

They also benefit Mexico and other Latin America's economy too.  I forgot the exact number but the number one source of foreign cash inflow to Mexico are from the money these immigrants send back home.

It's a win win for everyone.  Who ever wants to waste money building that border wall is an idiot.

lnc said:
Irvinecommuter said:
woodburyowner said:
thevine said:

They also benefit Mexico and other Latin America's economy too.  I forgot the exact number but the number one source of foreign cash inflow to Mexico are from the money these immigrants send back home.

It's a win win for everyone.  Who ever wants to waste money building that border wall is an idiot.

The guest worker program make a lot of sense...it allows business to hire the workers they need and the people working here can feel "safe".  Also, extra revenue from fees and extra income taxes.

It also allow those with who are in line to get in the country legally a proper place.

While the benefit of qwerxicans is inarguable, I do feel that because they don't contribute to the tax infrastructure, there is an imbalance.

The only thing I agree about tougher border security is to prevent terrorism, not hard working qwerxicans.

irvinehomeowner said:
While the benefit of qwerxicans is inarguable, I do feel that because they don't contribute to the tax infrastructure, there is an imbalance.

The only thing I agree about tougher border security is to prevent terrorism, not hard working qwerxicans.

You can't get them to contribute until you legalize them at some point.

Irvinecommuter said:
eyephone said:
Irvinecommuter said:
eyephone said:

I get it...Donald Trump becoming the GOP candidate would be the most appropriate thing ever for the party.  Can't wait for Hillary to wipe the floor with him.

You think? I heard the different regarding Hillary, that's why Biden's name has come up. (The party is scrambling) 

eyephone said:
Irvinecommuter said:
eyephone said:
Irvinecommuter said:
eyephone said:

You think? I heard the different regarding Hillary, that's why Biden's name has come up. (The party is scrambling)

Nah...people aren't even paying attention right now.  Clinton's base is still solid.  The only thing that is on the radar is the "email scandal"...that will go away in a few months.  No one will remember that next year.

qwerty said:
@ Woodbury owner - you mean the illegals who cut your grass and clean your house who you probably try to nickel and dime? The agreement that exists with Mexicans is they do all the shorty jobs that no one else wants to do, we pay them very little and when they need medical care will provide that. In exchange you get all your fruits and veggies at a low price, you can get your house cleaned and grass cut for a reasonable price, etc. sounds like a win win for everyone.

I've had both Mexican and Korean gardeners.  The Mexican one was a little cheaper ($15 a month), but didn't do anything except blow some leaves here and there.  I then tried out a Korean one and I couldn't believe the difference in quality.  I'm paying $15 more per month, but my landscape has never looked better.

For house cleaning, I tried an eastern euro and Mexican one.  Prices were the same, but the Mexican one (current) works so much harder and takes pride in what she does (whenever I have a problem, she apologizes and fixes it). 

For fruits and veggies, I just checked what I have and my Avocados are from Mexico, Bananas from Ecuador, Pineapple from Costa Rica, Strawberries from CA, and Peaches from CA.  All prices I paid were reasonable, but maybe the CA ones were picked by illegals.

woodburyowner said:
qwerty said:

I've had both Mexican and Korean gardeners.  The Mexican one was a little cheaper ($15 a month), but didn't do anything except blow some leaves here and there.  I then tried out a Korean one and I couldn't believe the difference in quality.  I'm paying $15 more per month, but my landscape has never looked better.

For house cleaning, I tried an eastern euro and Mexican one.  Prices were the same, but the Mexican one (current) works so much harder and takes pride in what she does (whenever I have a problem, she apologizes and fixes it). 

For fruits and veggies, I just checked what I have and my Avocados are from Mexico, Bananas from Ecuador, Pineapple from Costa Rica, Strawberries from CA, and Peaches from CA.  All prices I paid were reasonable, but maybe the CA ones were picked by illegals.

It is not just about labor costs...it's about availability of workers.  Without illegal immigrant workers, you will have a substantially smaller low-end workers.

Irvinecommuter said:
eyephone said:
Irvinecommuter said:
eyephone said:
Irvinecommuter said:
eyephone said:

Nah...people aren't even paying attention right now.  Clinton's base is still solid.  The only thing that is on the radar is the "email scandal"...that will go away in a few months.  No one will remember that next year.

Are you sure? The White House secretary was praising Biden.

"President Barack Obama "has indicated his view that the decision that he made seven years ago now to add Joe Biden to the ticket as his running mate was the smartest decision he had ever made in politics," White House spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters at a briefing." [huffington post article]
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/55db5e3de4b08cd3359cc0da

eyephone said:
Irvinecommuter said:
eyephone said:
Irvinecommuter said:
eyephone said:
Irvinecommuter said:
eyephone said:

Are you sure? The White House secretary was praising Biden.

"President Barack Obama "has indicated his view that the decision that he made seven years ago now to add Joe Biden to the ticket as his running mate was the smartest decision he had ever made in politics," White House spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters at a briefing." [huffington post article]
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/55db5e3de4b08cd3359cc0da

Old news.  Nothing there other than Obama praising his VP.

Trump won't be the GOP candidate and Hillary will be the Democratic candidate.  Remember how McCain and Romney were "in trouble" a year before their respective nomination?

Back