Beacon Park

aquabliss said:
Does this mean BP owners get a red bike? 

I can see it now... battle of Orange vs. Red.

How many orange bikes do you have?  Are you the one that keeps buying the ones for sale?

bones said:
aquabliss said:
Does this mean BP owners get a red bike? 

I can see it now... battle of Orange vs. Red.

How many orange bikes do you have?  Are you the one that keeps buying the ones for sale?

Just one.  I'm waiting until someone posts a men's bike for cheap then I'll buy a 2nd.  I didn't know 1 person is buying up all the orange bikes for sale...!

They go for $250+ (if new) on the open (not PP bulletin) market.  I sold mine a few months after move in for $250. That thing took up way too much space and was too heavy to hang on my bike rack.

bones said:
They go for $250+ (if new) on the open (not PP bulletin) market.  I sold mine a few months after move in for $250. That thing took up way too much space and was too heavy to hang on my bike rack.
Who makes the PP bike?  What kind of components does it come with?

Happiness said:
bones said:
Who makes the PP bike?  What kind of components does it come with?

It's a felt bike. It's special made for GP but very similar to one of the ones they make for retail. Can't remember which model but IIRC, it retails for $500+.

BP bike has a special candy apple red paint that is extremely expensive, ~$2000 more per year.  It guarantees a 2% appreciation annually like the PP orange bike, but it has preprogrammed default GPS for the K-8 school allowing your kid to jump off said bike into class directly at 8am sharp and park itself into the bike racks.  It also has an automatic go home function if owner tries to eBay it,  it was an software upgrade after some PP owners dared to sell their bikes instead of keeping it.  It's yours for life!

Puleeeeeze. You'll be the first BP buyer to Marie Kondo that candy apple red POS out the door on Craigslist.

ps9 said:
BP bike has a special candy apple red paint that is extremely expensive, ~$2000 more per year.  It guarantees a 2% appreciation annually like the PP orange bike, but it has preprogrammed default GPS for the K-8 school allowing your kid to jump off said bike into class directly at 8am sharp and park itself into the bike racks.  It also has an automatic go home function if owner tries to eBay it,  it was an software upgrade after some PP owners dared to sell their bikes instead of keeping it.  It's yours for life!

Nice. This is similar to a comment on this thread yesterday trying to convince everyone that the BP mello roos will be paying for all of this great stuff that no other Irvine neighborhood could possibly match which justifies the double mello roos.

ps9 said:

Owner should keep this red bike because the next Great Park Neighborhood's bike is going to be painted in cemetery gray or graveyard white. :) 

eyephone said:
ps9 said:
fishfinder333 said:
Can someone give me a quick breakdown of how mello roos works in BP?  I see everyone talking about it and it seems bad.

Test had a chart of the mello posted.  Highest ever in Irvine, about twice the mello of other Irvine areas when comparing similar sq ft.  40 years of that, 2% increase compounded annually.  It's pretty ugly.  Say you buy in BP, and say you decide to sell in 10 years.  You're buyer will have to pay the mello you've been paying but at about 1/3-1/4 more.

Yikes. Thanks for the quick breakdown.

fishfinder333 said:
test said:
fishfinder333 said:
Can someone give me a quick breakdown of how mello roos works in BP?  I see everyone talking about it and it seems bad.

If you have to ask you can't afford it.  MR keeps the riff raff out.

You are funny. 

High MR is actually for suckers.

does the same logic apply to....
High Priced Merchandise is actually for suckers?
;)

We need to break apart the BP thread, too much info in one.  Anyone volunteer to re-do the separate developments that were nuked by LONL? 

So who's gonna brave the crowds this Saturday?  We'll probably stop by late Saturday or Sunday to avoid the day crowds.  Besides Ellwood, my spidey sense predicts phase 1 lots still available opening day.

I'll visit some of the models early next week during lunch. I'm not interested in the chaos, and I want to be able to talk to the sales people because I intend to share how crazy the mello roos is relative to the competition.

ps9 said:
So who's gonna brave the crowds this Saturday?  We'll probably stop by late Saturday or Sunday to avoid the day crowds.  Besides Ellwood, my spidey sense predicts phase 1 lots still available opening day.

Any info on the food?

I'm going to the ribbon cutting ceremony at 9:30a...

Check the pic later for a "Where's Waldo" of me/bones/yaliu/J$

Back