Beacon Park

NBBJ based in Seattle with an LA office is the architect for the sport complexes. I have seen the venues in drawing form. I think NBBJ did Olympic caliber types of sport venues.

bones said:
I think the heavy abuse of the park areas (people not cleaning up after themselves, trash everywhere, etc) probably caused this change.  The security people aren't really equipped to know if you are a resident or not, even if they ask so what's the point in asking.  Like others have mentioned, the novelty will wear off esp as it gets more crowded with actual residents and another new shiny park opens up somewhere else.  I personally don't even see the appeal of the park - it's only OK.  Sure the first couple times, it's cool, but then you realize, there's really not much to it.
I don't remember if I mentioned this or not...maybe I did...but a couple weeks back, I went with my 2 year old to go look at homes and than go to the park (since I heard the great stories). I figured I have every right to let my daughter test the facilities since I'm dragging her to look at homes (and touch base with the different builders I'm on the list for and again remind them to call me immediately if they are at the point that they want to do some serious negotiation..the couple homes I'm interested in, the contacts, know the rough price point to start calling me but I always want to remind them / poke and prod to make sure they tell their bosses what people are saying (no idea if it will change anything but hell, what does it hurt).

Anyway...we eventually go to the park...I couldn't stay for more than half an hour. Their must have been 200 freaking people there (if not more). People were standing on the super nice built in BBQ / Pizza Oven area...trash was everywhere. It was flipping disgusting and pathetic.  People just ran around trashing the whole place. Books and toys in the indoor area thrown everywhere (I'm not a huge germaphobe but I didn't even want my daughter touching the stuff figuring it had be filthy given how everything was).

I decided if I lived their, me, who is lazy as shit when it comes to anything HOA related (i've never once complained to my HOA or ever complained about a neighbor, etc). I pretty much mind my own damn business and it would really take something (loud) for me to ever be annoyed by a neighbor (I think).  Well, lets just say, if I ever bought a home...I'd be out door to door signing a petition to make damn sure someone cleaned the park up and had security and fixed things cause if I am paying those dues, it is so my kids can use the facilities as intended (not deal with 200+ people who aren't paying those fees).  I wouldn't care if it was a normal amount of people but geez...and let me tell you, the demographic did not fit normal Irvine. 

My theory is it was a bunch of home schooled parents, looking at the crowd, but I could be mistaken.  The grass had tents and stuff on it but literally no parents were willing to say no (and I have a conclusion that home school parents don't discipline like non-home school parents...that is purely based on my own evidence from living on the street as a kid with other home schoolers and having a friend who homeschool and occasionally I've been at an event they throw and see how the other home schooled parents handle these items (I'm probably offending someone but oh well).  Kids climbing on each other...no discipline...nothing. 

irvinebear said:
Bullsback said:
bones said:
  ...and let me tell you, the demographic did not fit normal Irvine.

Between the bitching session generally and this little doozy, I sense you would have loved living in Mississipi in the 50s.
It was actually almost all white people that were there...so If you got the intent I was being racist, I wasn't (unless you are claiming I'm being racist to white people). Just said the demographic was inconsistent with Irvine's actual demographics. Just an observation that further supported what I saw. And I don't care who the hell was using the park...asian, white, black, orange, green...you have an obligation to not destroy the property.

Treat it no different, if not better than something you own. This is something for community residents to enjoy...it isn't your own personal trash site. 

If you are going to call out someone, can you at least learn to quote properly so you aren't calling out the wrong person?

With all the talk about GP houses not appreciating here is one listed for more than $500K gain in less than 1.5 years.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/101-Diamondback-92618/home/112718985

Listed by Ronnie AKA Aquabliss

By the way according to my XLS sheet "Irvine Home Owner" and "the Harvard educated Bones" had a fall out.  They are not besties.

Also according to my XLS I can't trust IHS.  He was telling for while about how much he had tospend to live in Irvine school district and it wasn't worth it because if you live in less performing school district then you had a better chance to go to IVY school.... but he wasn't even living in Irvine School District.  He was in Tustin Unified.

Looks like my sellers really spent a ton of $$$ on upgrades and landscaping so reduces their net gain a bit.  The house is nicely done though. 
#ronniepower

Irvine Dream said:
With all the talk about GP houses not appreciating here is one listed for more than $500K gain in less than 1.5 years.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/101-Diamondback-92618/home/112718985

Listed by Ronnie AKA Aquabliss

By the way according to my XLS sheet "Irvine Home Owner" and "the Harvard educated Bones" had a fall out.  They are not besties.

Also according to my XLS I can't trust IHS.  He was telling for while about how much he had tospend to live in Irvine school district and it wasn't worth it because if you live in less performing school district then you had a better chance to go to IVY school.... but he wasn't even living in Irvine School District.  He was in Tustin Unified.

Lol... Ronnie went from SWE to Realtor.  Well both of you do have yellow fever.  Wait... aqua = YF ???

$1,327,000 tax assessed house pays $23,334 property taxes =  1.75%
$1,998,888 tax assessed house * 0.0175 = $34,980.54

I hadn't really calculated the MR, but that's some crazy shit.
The newness is nice, but, buying a $2,000,000 house in an old neighborhood may be the better play.

Irvine Dream said:

What?!? We just did Paint and Sip last week. Unless there's something I don't know about. :(

Irvine Dream said:
He was talking about Beckman which is located in Irvine. Anyways, Beckman is better than any IUSD school. It's true, US News & World Rpt said so.

zubs said:
$1,327,000 tax assessed house pays $23,334 property taxes =  1.75%
$1,998,888 tax assessed house * 0.0175 = $34,980.54

I hadn't really calculated the MR, but that's some crazy shit.
The newness is nice, but, buying a $2,000,000 house in an old neighborhood may be the better play.

$10,088.30 was the total of special assessments on that house.

Back