Beacon Park

If there were 100 kids at BP park on a Sunday, its possible that some of those kids belong to the wives and girlfriends visiting their men at the jail.  When I lived in LA, I saw huge crowds of kids on weekends around mens central jail.

Happiness said:
If there were 100 kids at BP park on a Sunday, its possible that some of those kids belong to the wives and girlfriends visiting their men at the jail.  When I lived in LA, I saw huge crowds of kids on weekends around mens central jail.
Salt!!

It was quite a scene there yesterday.

There was a lady walking around reminding everyone that it's a PRIVATE park (she shared that a few times in the short convo) and it's only open as a courtesy preview.

Lots of kids, quite a few German and eastern European folks there.

Rice Vino said:
It was quite a scene there yesterday.

There was a lady walking around reminding everyone that it's a PRIVATE park (she shared that a few times in the short convo) and it's only open as a courtesy preview.

Lots of kids, quite a few German and eastern European folks there.

And how do they plan to enforce this once the preview period concludes?  #notgonnahappen

At the rate they're selling the preview period will be 10 yrs anyhow.

My kids think its a public park and so did alot of other parents. Oh well, if they enforce that place will look abandoned just like the rest of the great park. Ever go there on a weekend where the giant balloon is at. It looks desolate.

They really could use more than just one slide. 
I like the open field in the middle where kids can just run around.

AW said:
They really could use more than just one slide. 
I like the open field in the middle where kids can just run around.

Mine were all over the climbing ropes. Didn't care much for the slide. The playground is a really nice design in that it caters to kids of all ages into adulthood (life size chess anyone?)

It's impressive. The wide medians and home setbacks from the street corners plus the meandering trails classed the place up too. Amazing what a crap ton of mello roos and decent design can do.

Beacon Park is not gated so good luck with the "private park" thing. The only way it could be enforced would be to have permit parking and I don't see Irvine doing that.

Tustin Legacy OTOH might just make that neighborhood permit parking as they have done with other neighborhoods in Tustin if the homeowners start whining about no parking which just might happen with so many homes on ally loaded streets.

I'm prob in the minority (again) but I'm not a fan of BP park. I guess it may depend on your kids ages.  The middle grass area is nice and incorporated.

Ready2Downsize said:
Beacon Park is not gated so good luck with the "private park" thing. The only way it could be enforced would be to have permit parking and I don't see Irvine doing that.
Just put up a sign at the parking lot that says "NO ORANGE BIKE, NO DICE"

No way to really enforce the whole private thing except turn on the bathroom key fob. Right now it's turned off so anybody can use it but I imagine it'll be a pain once you can't get in.

Anybody else notice the men's bathroom doubles as a family bathroom but the whole thing is single use, no stalls. Good luck when there's a giant line trying to pee and poo. I figure the tenants will use the pool facilities but visitors will be out of luck.

Ready2Downsize said:
There are different ideas:
1. Put a temporary fence around it like Greenwood
2. Put a nice fence around it not like Greenwood

But it would have to be locked to make it so actual homeowners couldn't get in....... most very Un-Irvine-Like. Parks within communities that keep others out are gated but the park within is not.

Back