Beacon Park

aquabliss said:
Bullsback of the communities you visited, approximately how many homes (% wise) were either sold or reserved?  Any idea?
I had very early appointments so I wouldn't be able to provide an accurate assessment. And in terms of Tay Mo, they didn't have prices available yet (and weren't going to allow you to purchase until Sunday). Khov had prices but the sales I believe weren't until Sunday (I didn't like so I didn't really care, but that was what the email I got said). Ryland had sold 2 or 3 homes already.  Talking to someone else their, it sounded like Lennar still had quite a few available at that time, but like I said, I was done by 5:30 or so on Friday (so still pretty early in the process). 

I wasn't that focused as I wasn't going for phase 1 with the lots that were available for the homes I liked (and I didn't want to pay for a lot of upgrades that I personally probably wouldn't have put in). 

AW said:
That's funny, we're exactly on the same boat.
The Tay mo plan 3, can't convert the Cali room to observatory, that would bring the sq ft close to Palo Alto plan 1 or la fayette plan 3, but the stonegate homes feel so much bigger

Ryland plan 1 had odd stairs sticking out on the first floor, that's injuries waiting to happen with young uns
Much like juniper, they'll have cul de sac lots which are nice
I debated the Ryland plan 1 and whether I like it or not (but wasn't interested in the phase 1 lots, some good lots on that plan 1 in future phases) and had no interest in their plan 2 (I can't justify that expensive of a home without a downstairs bedroom...I may not need one, but its good for resale purposes and convenient to have).  That Plan 1 was efficient in its use of space but we want a loft and the entrance is interesting (kind of just walk right into the home).

Tay Mo's plan 3 would be pretty nice with a conservatory. The way the family room / great room was right at the entrance (to the left), just seemed too unfunctional (tough to really be able to sit comfortably and watch the TV). Rest of the house was nice, but the flow in that main area just wasn't that great. To your point, if their was a conservatory their, and if you got one of the one's on a bigger lot (some are > 5500 sq ft), then you could get a pretty big home on a nice lot and I think the conservatory would help the flow a lot.  I did dig the gigantic ceilings on that great room though. 

AW said:
There's also no coat closet for Tay mo plan 3 which I think is way odd...
The other thing with the plan 1 (and I don't have the price sheets in front of me), but they were close to $450/sq ft which, when you adjust for mella roos, they are selling these things at OH pricing. 

Bullsback said:
... Ryland plan 3 is one I'd be willing to buy, but at 1.3, too steep for 3000 sq ft in Irvine (couldn't justify over say KB Palo Alto at 1.2M or Tri Pointe @ 1.2 with half the mella roos). ...

The mello roos is shocking when you consider a nearly identical neighborhood (Stonegate) includes mello roos at half the cost. Prices seem to be higher than Stonegate equivalents before you even consider the double mello roos. When the larger lots start selling, they'll likely carry premiums above current pricing too.

It'll be interesting to see how well BP sells. I might wait til next week to tour the models - not interested in the crazy crowds at grand openings.

AW said:

Too late you already said you're buying it because of the mini tower... I remember way back in one of TLONL's archived threads.

aquabliss said:
AW said:

Too late you already said you're buying it because of the mini tower... I remember way back in one of TLONL's archived threads.

So I guess AW is buying at BP? (Congrads!)

Bunch of stalkers here!!!

The mini tower was plan 2, it was ok, liked plan 3 better, but no go for the price they want

aquabliss said:
Did they give you exact prices or just ranges?  Curious how much was plan 2 and 3?
What builder? You referring to Ryland? Plan 2 was basically 1.2 and the plan 3 was basically 1.3M.  Plan 1 was like 1.13. 

Bullsback said:
aquabliss said:
Did they give you exact prices or just ranges?  Curious how much was plan 2 and 3?
What builder? You referring to Ryland? Plan 2 was basically 1.2 and the plan 3 was basically 1.3M.  Plan 1 was like 1.13. 

No was asking about Welton / Taylor Morrison.  Bullsback did you get a pricing sheet for Welton?

What are the starting $/sq ft for Rosemont/Oakmont/Taymo?  Got the options price sheet for Torrey, upgrades were higher than expected, about $160k-$190k in pre-plotted upgrades.  Taking that into account, Torrey's base price is similar to Juniper at $400-405/sq ft.

@no_cemetery_for_life

Wife is still iffy, but I can probably persuade her, after I persuade myself :)

fishfinder333 said:
Can someone give me a quick breakdown of how mello roos works in BP?  I see everyone talking about it and it seems bad.

Test had a chart of the mello posted.  Highest ever in Irvine, about twice the mello of other Irvine areas when comparing similar sq ft.  40 years of that, 2% increase compounded annually.  It's pretty ugly.  Say you buy in BP, and say you decide to sell in 10 years.  You're buyer will have to pay the mello you've been paying but at about 1/3-1/4 more. 

ps9 said:
fishfinder333 said:
Can someone give me a quick breakdown of how mello roos works in BP?  I see everyone talking about it and it seems bad.

Test had a chart of the mello posted.  Highest ever in Irvine, about twice the mello of other Irvine areas when comparing similar sq ft.  40 years of that, 2% increase compounded annually.  It's pretty ugly.  Say you buy in BP, and say you decide to sell in 10 years.  You're buyer will have to pay the mello you've been paying but at about 1/3-1/4 more.

This is the reason why not to buy there.

fishfinder333 said:

If you have to ask you can't afford it.  MR keeps the riff raff out.

test said:
fishfinder333 said:

If you have to ask you can't afford it.  MR keeps the riff raff out.

Unfortunately it doesn't keep the riff raff kids out.  My neighbors 4 houses down roll in Range Rovers and S Class Benzes and their teenage kids blast music and scream (probably video games) late into the night. 

Just thankful their not my immediate neighbors.

image_zpswdik5osn.jpg

BYOM for the tandoor?  Let's make some naan!

Back