Beacon Park

eyephone said:
Just curious, how do you know Emile wants to sell all PP homes?

thelandofnoland said:
Let's move it! Floor plans should be released around this time, but Haddad wants all PP homes to sell out first. Here are the four remaining homes:

125 Prospect    Beachwood by Lennar, Plan 1      1767 square feet      $899,990
156 Cloudbreak Beachwood by Lennar, Plan 1      1767 square feet      $918,990
152 Cloudbreak Beachwood by Lennar, Plan 3X    2685 square feet    $1,051,386
174 Compass    Sagewood by Shea, Plan 1          2515 square feet    $1,333,900 (Pending)

Looks like Emile is fooling himself:
hti9as.jpg

Just received an email from Great Park Neighborhoods:

"Beacon Park, the second of the Great Park Neighborhoods, is opening this summer. But first, we?d like to get to know you. And for you to get to know us. At our Meet the Builders event you will see floorplans and renderings for Beacon Park?s new home collections. Talk to the builders and discover what could be right for you."

lnc said:
I hope they offer something like Jade Court at BP.

Whoever design Jade Court plan 4 is a genius.  Pack 3 BR and a loft in 1500 sq.ft. space and makes it feel bigger than it actually is, awesome design.
Hi, I'm new here.  What is so great about Jade Court Plan 4?  I get that having a loft on the 2nd floor is nice but it's useless to have 1 bedroom down and 2 up which means 1 kid would be down and 1 kid up (most family's would not buy that).  Thus, it would have to be a small family with 1 kid and the downstairs a guest room.  No bueno floor plan at all.

I'm sorry, but the "meet the builders" event is so awkward.  I went to the Pavilion Park one and the whole time, I felt uncomfortable and wanted to leave.  Just post the floor plans and get it over with!

linekelei said:
I'm sorry, but the "meet the builders" event is so awkward.  I went to the Pavilion Park one and the whole time, I felt uncomfortable and wanted to leave.  Just post the floor plans and get it over with!

why do you feel uncomfortable?

Any realtor rebate/commission for a new home purchase at BP? Does anyone know from your prior experience at PP?

I wonder if you forfeit the co-op if you go to the 'Meet the Builders' event and fill out a card without your realtor present.

Irvinian81 said:
Any realtor rebate/commission for a new home purchase at BP? Does anyone know from your prior experience at PP?
I think most new communities have the agent commission rebate. Just remember to get a written agreement between you and your agent that you will get a percentage of the commission. I think several people posted stories on TI, that they didn't egg a piece of the agent commission.

I've read some builder costs for the developments in BP I was wondering if anyone knew of a rough price range of the communities being built?

Look to last 3 month PP builder sales for guidance.  Ignore the  current ones on MLS put up by the homeowner (usually with Chinese realtor).  Those are a tad overpriced.

ps9 said:
Look to last 3 month PP builder sales for guidance.  Ignore the  current ones on MLS put up by the homeowner (usually with Chinese realtor).  Those are a tad overpriced.
I presume the new stuff will sell slightly cheaper than that as they want to build momentum, etc. Didn't think they would start at current pricing (from $ /sq ft perspective). That said, I could be crazy and maybe that is just coming from someone who is interested in buying and hoping prices don't go up. I tend to think some of the PP stuff in its current phase is price pretty high (specifically some of the Shea stuff).  Interesting how different the $ sq/ft on the Shea stuff is vs. say the William Lyon / Lennar stuff. Shea homes were nicer but there were some wide variants all things being similar. 

aquabliss said:
Just noticed that once  BP is open it will be much quicker for PP residents to get home from exiting the 5 FWY going up  Sand Canyon.  Hang a right on Trabuco then a left on Beacon and up to Ridge Valley.  That is of course if they don't take the Toll Road.
25yyqva.jpg

I cant imagine going through the smaller street is faster vs sand canyon? but who knows, maybe less vehicle & lights. either way another option is not a bad thing. I've been using the 133 to pick up the kiddo during rush hours and just realizing the $2 is not that worth it (should really get a fastrak account so it'll be $1 instead).

Also looking at it.. you're dealing with two additional roundabouts.

Does anyone know if pre-qualification for Beacon park has started and who will be the preferred lender. Also, will the pavilion park priority list continues in beacon park as well or are they going to start a new priority list?

capboba said:
aquabliss said:
Just noticed that once  BP is open it will be much quicker for PP residents to get home from exiting the 5 FWY going up  Sand Canyon.  Hang a right on Trabuco then a left on Beacon and up to Ridge Valley.  That is of course if they don't take the Toll Road.
25yyqva.jpg

I cant imagine going through the smaller street is faster vs sand canyon? but who knows, maybe less vehicle & lights. either way another option is not a bad thing. I've been using the 133 to pick up the kiddo during rush hours and just realizing the $2 is not that worth it (should really get a fastrak account so it'll be $1 instead).

Also looking at it.. you're dealing with two additional roundabouts.

we actually need that street to extend past the 5 fwy.  :)

I'm sure that route would be congested fast with PP, maybe PS and BP residents all cramming thru. It'll def annoy the BP folks. Interesting to see how traffic is going to turn out in the next 5 years. Throw in a bunch of FCB drivers and you've got a potential demo derby!

it's just faster to go down sand canyon.  A lot of people were saying out PS peeps would come down on ridge valley.. the street is never congested. 

Back