Beacon Park

sweetsam said:
Does anyone know if pre-qualification for Beacon park has started and who will be the preferred lender. Also, will the pavilion park priority list continues in beacon park as well or are they going to start a new priority list?

You pre-qual through the different builders.  It's not a one for all process.  In terms of the priority list, that's interesting.  Not sure if theres any carryover if say you were on the lennar list in PP but didn't buy and/or didn't get a chance to buy and are interested in a lennar home in BP.  I would try to push for that if I were you.  You'll probably need to provide recent financial info regardless to update your file. 

jmoney74 said:
it's just faster to go down sand canyon.  A lot of people were saying out PS peeps would come down on ridge valley.. the street is never congested. 

I bet it's not.  That's 3 extra signals you'll have to go through and not as direct of a route.  I bet it's 3 minutes faster to take the red line marked route.  3 minutes is not much but if you can save that every day it's a big difference.

OC troll said:
I'm sure that route would be congested fast with PP, maybe PS and BP residents all cramming thru. It'll def annoy the BP folks. Interesting to see how traffic is going to turn out in the next 5 years. Throw in a bunch of FCB drivers and you've got a potential demo derby!

someone or some group has to make fast and furious #8  :)

thelandofnoland said:
2colf8p.png

We were considering Birch Trail at some point but the plan did not go further. Now Richmond American Homes will be offering homes at Beacon Park. How do you rate Richmond American compared to other builders with respect to construction quality? Has any Birch Trail home owners experienced construction quality issues so far? Please share. Thanks in advance.

Not sure about construction quality but a few Pavilion Park homeowners have stated that the mechanics who completed work at Birch Trail put a lien on their home as they were not paid by Richmond America. 

Of course there are 2 sides to every story but that's certainly not something I'd want to deal with.

Another post said that the GC Richmond America used didn't pay their materials supplier and it's the supplier that was coming after the homeowners.  Who knows.

aquabliss said:
Not sure about construction quality but a few Pavilion Park homeowners have stated that the mechanics who completed work at Birch Trail put a lien on their home as they were not paid by Richmond America. 

Of course there are 2 sides to every story but that's certainly not something I'd want to deal with.

Another post said that the GC Richmond America used didn't pay their materials supplier and it's the supplier that was coming after the homeowners.  Who knows.

To be fair, this could potentially happen to any builder. Perhaps just some bad luck here. I wouldn't not buy a Richmond America home just bc of this story.

OC troll said:
I hear (not from the horses mouth so take it with a grain of salt) the builder finds low cost contractors in the local areas to boost their margins and therefore they get a bad rap on quality.
http://richmond-american-homes.pissedconsumer.com/

It's a well known fact, so there's no need to take it with a grain of salt.  In fact, many of the subs work for multiple builders, so there's really no exclusivity when it comes to build quality.

aquabliss said:
I wonder if you forfeit the co-op if you go to the 'Meet the Builders' event and fill out a card without your realtor present.

I asked my agent and she said agents won't be allowed to register at this event. She said they have to wait until the grand opening in July.

ps9 said:
I think I'm over BP, time to move on

Lemme guess. Bc they rolled out their new banners? Yea I know, those multi colored stripes can be pretty offensive.  Just like the black walls and the free orange bike.

Luxury flat is like nicely stacked pancakes where each unit is confined to the same level without stairs internally. There will be stairs to get to a upper flat and once arrived there should be no more stairs. Attached condo is like an omelette where the ingredients are all mixed into one another that their attachments are complicated. There might be flats, 2 or 3 story townhomes and carriage units over garages all mixed in.

Irvinian81 said:
There is a meet the builder event coming up in May. What are some of the questions you guys would ask? (besides the cemetery and toxic land)
I am not sure I would waste my time asking about either the cemetery or toxic land. These issues are pretty well documented now and it is unlikely the developers are going to offer any additional insight. You either believe the answers already given or you are unlikely to believe anything further that is said. If I was attending (and I wish I could) i would be asking about the plans under 5P control that have the potential to make BP a great place to live. What is the current timetable for the development of the Great Park, especially that part that is proposed to be adjoining BP? Is there a timetable for construction of a footbridge to connect BP with PP? What is the timetable for building the parks internal to BP? What is the estimated time in which BP will be a construction zone?

Back